What's new

If there is a war between China - Viet Nam in SCS

Invade the mainland, seize Nanning, then exchange Nanning for Spratlys. That was always the battle plan.

:lol: Just like in the past?

In 1075, Wang Anshi, the prime minister, told the Song Dynasty emperor that Đại Việt was being destroyed by Champa, with less than ten thousand soldiers surviving, hence it would be a good occasion to annex Đại Việt. The Song emperor mobilized troops and passed decrees to forbid all the provinces to trade with Đại Việt. Upon hearing the news, the Lý ruler sent Lý Thường Kiệt and Nùng Tôn Đản with more than 100,000 troops to China to carry out a pre-emptive attack against the Song Dynasty troops. In the ensuing 40-day battle near modern-day Nanning, the Đại Việt troops were victorious, capturing the generals of three Song armies.

Why do you think Inner Mongolia, Manchuria, Tibet, XinJiang and Nanyue want to do that.
You love independence, y no free your Campadesa first.

I think you say about Champa people. Champa in vietnamese we call them: Viet Thuong people, we are in same Viets name in ancient time. Han and Man Chu are different.
Champa attacked Viets first to unitify our country, three time Champa over flooded Hanoi. After collapsing of Champa's Kingdom, Champa people turned back to to their original home land: Acer. Do you know where is the Island ? :enjoy:

I think you say about Champa people. Champa in vietnamese we call them: Viet Thuong people, we are in same Viets name in ancient time. Han and Man Chu are different.
Champa attacked Viets first to unitify our country, three time Champa over flooded Hanoi. After collapsing of Champa's Kingdom, Champa people turned back to to their original home land: Acer. Do you know where is the Island ? :enjoy:

Today's Manchurian, 90% of them have been mixed with Han. and they speak Chinese too. you can not tell the difference between Han and Man.

Today's Manchurian, 90% of them have been mixed with Han. and they speak Chinese too. you can not tell the difference between Han and Man.

10 mill Man Chu people in China, the number isn't zero. I don't look at any chinese boy here, at least on PDF two boy admitted their root is Man Chu: peijingwalker and S10. Both of them deny independence for Man Chu Kuo. But others don't think so.

10 mill Man Chu people in China, the number isn't zero. I don't look at any chinese boy here, at least on PDF two boy admitted their root is Man Chu: peijingwalker and S10. Both of them deny independence for Man Chu Kuo. But others don't think so.

Yeah, may be like the Khmer people in vietnam wants to be independant too

Applying Starcraft skills in real life won't work.

My analysis is based on the Vietnamese combat performance during the Vietnam War and Sino-Vietnamese War.

While the Vietnamese military doesn't stand a chance against the PLA in a naval battle, the Vietnamese army can do a real damage against the PLA ground troops, and the PLAAF's air power will not be able to stop the Vietnamese ground forces, just like how the USAF and USN air power was unable to stop the Vietnamese ground forces.

Accordingly, the Vietnamese Army will try to maximize their prowess in ground combat by invading the mainland to cut a territory for a territory exchange deal.

I think there will be not a land border war between Vietnam and China again. The boundaries between the two countries have been clearly demarcated by the governments of both countries.
Only issues on the sea...

My analysis is based on the Vietnamese combat performance during the Vietnam War and Sino-Vietnamese War.

While the Vietnamese military doesn't stand a chance against the PLA in a naval battle, the Vietnamese army can do a real damage against the PLA ground troops, and the PLAAF's air power will not be able to stop the Vietnamese ground forces, just like how the USAF and USN air power was unable to stop the Vietnamese ground forces.

Accordingly, the Vietnamese Army will try to maximize their prowess in ground combat by invading the mainland to cut a territory for a territory exchange deal.

The problem with your analysis is it doesn't take the thread topic into account. In a conflict that arises from the SCS, China would use its navy and airforce accordingly to capture key strategic islands. And it can do that without resorting to a land invasion of Vietnam. They would not invade Vietnam proper, but would be content capturing the islands while maintaining the defensive on the border. It'll be a short, nasty skirmish war, but even Vietnam wouldn't contemplate an invasion due to its inability to hold onto Chinese territory for an extended period of time even if victory occurs.

It's like if the Finnish went on the offensive against the Soviet Union during the Winter War, utter insanity.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And I hope you can keep the Viets convinced.

It seems you have a problem if a land war occurs. We understand your consternation!

You understand nothing. China will not be foolish to attack Vietnam on the land border. The lesson in 1979 was enough for them.

You have problems with "bold", or you always want to shout here?

Even if I give the Vietnamese military the benefit of doubts that they did a good job of defending their country in 1979, you think they have the abilities to invade Chinese territories all the way to Nanning with their second handed WWII arsenal, General Korean?

Even if I give the Vietnamese military the benefit of doubts that they did a good job of defending their country in 1979, you think they have the abilities to invade Chinese territories all the way to Nanning with their second handed WWII arsenal, General Korean?

I think you've missed the point here.

He just wanted to be a cheerleader, that's all.

Yes, Viet Nam capable of invade China in short term, and enough to force China take deal for exchange. It's the only way and only chance for Viet Nam to squeeze China and its economics collapses. In returned, northern Viet Nam totally destroy by China missiles. In this case, Viet Nam dies, China got badly wounded the other China enemies will takes advantages.

Yes, Viet Nam did not has chances to stands with PLA Navy's in short term, but its can be use tactics that will be hit and run ,ambush all China oil tanker ships, commercial ships, until China gives up or UN will send peacemaker for its security.

Back
Top Bottom