What's new

If you are an unmarried Pakistani, you cannot visit Sweden

I do not know about tourism but lots of lone students are studying there. Now that can be something to facilitate Chinese administration but my counter parts need to understand that they are using it out of context in their haste to score their points.
That is because they are students studying in valid Universities.

This is about people from Pakistan who want to enter China on a tourist visa. For them, this rule applies.

Please dont. I have personal interest in a certain pakistani easily travelling to Nepal. The nearer SL option is already out :(

@Razia Sultana compared to educating that person it would be more fun to bang your head against a wall, however unbecoming of someone named razia sultana.

Btw did u know a coast guard vessel is named in your honor?
Thats my id here and not real name. The women rulers have always impressed me from Razia Sultana, to Laxmi Bai to Indira Gandhi.

The author is needlessly making a fuss over this issue. Many European countries will not issue visas to those people of developing countries who are young, unmarried and jobless. As the official from the Swedish embassy said "Your reason to return to Pakistan could not be ascertained." They know the majority of the young people form developing countries will come and never go back. I am sure Pakistan is not an exceptional case, they would treat the people of other developing countries like Iran, Turkey, Egypt, India or even China in the same way.

Edit: In 2014 alone Sweden received 50,000 asylum applications. If only 400 were from Pakistan then what is this all fuss about?

Last edited:
At the end of the day - their country their laws. Strange laws, but laws nonetheless.

I still respect Sweden as a multi-cultural country - and one that had the balls to stand up and recognize Palestine. Reality is that we do need to introspect. Most of the Pakistanis on this forum are educated and would give a good name for Pakistan wherever they go - but we do have less educated people, mostly from lower income bracket but also middle class - who give bad name and reputation to Pakistan while overseas. They are the reason for things like this.

There's a sizeable Pakistani expat community living in several of the Scandinavian countries and most are law abiding and hard working people, like the other immigrants or permanent residents.

The author is needlessly making a fuss over this issue. Many European countries will not issue visas to those people of developing countries who are young, unmarried and jobless. As the official from the Swedish embassy said "Your reason to return to Pakistan could not be ascertained." They know the majority of the young people form developing countries will come and never go back. I am sure Pakistan is not an exceptional case, they would treat the people of other developing countries like Iran, Turkey, Egypt, India or even China in the same way.

Nothing sums it up more perfectly. I was denied visa to Canada during my trainee student life, and I said okay thank goodness its too cold there and they don't deserve to enjoy my company.

Maybe, but not all the countries you wrote in example. Pakistan has been labeled with many bad words in past. They call us terrorist hub. This is one reason. Second reason is that we are Muslim nation and they are afraid of us because of it too. Third reason is the one you cited above but many of these European countries have population issues, so they welcome people from other regions.

There are many other reasons for which they won't allow us i n Sweden.

Thats my id here and not real name. The women rulers have always impressed me from Razia Sultana, to Laxmi Bai to Indira Gandhi.

Benazir Bhutto? Or you left her out on purpose?

but we do have less educated people, mostly from lower income bracket but also middle class - who give bad name and reputation to Pakistan while overseas. They are the reason for things like this.

Underestimate kar rhay ho bai iss class ko, a hint on their talent they were caught with drugs inside fully grown intact cabbage.

Maybe, but not all the countries you wrote in example. Pakistan has been labeled with many bad words in past. They call us terrorist hub. This is one reason. Second reason is that we are Muslim nation and they are afraid of us because of it too. Third reason is the one you cited above but many of these European countries have population issues, so they welcome people from other regions.

There are many other reasons for which they won't allow us i n Sweden.

Turks in Germany, Pakistanis in Norway and north Africans in France will face the wrath because they make up the majority of the immigrant work force in these countries. I lived most of my life in central European countries and never saw people calling Pakistan hub of terrorism.

My wife was a Swedish Migration Lawyer..........

She said "Why not the boy go with the family to Sweden?"

Being 17, and with no proof of whatever, Migrationsverket tend not to give Travel Visa to those people. To get a travel visa, you first need to establish you have mean to stay in Sweden for the duration, apart from money, you will need to get a guardian of sort (Being underage).

And If you go apply standalone like that, of course you are going to get banned...You can try one of the following.

Get a visa to elsewhere in EU(Except UK), then go to Sweden during your stay via land border.
Get a visa with your family (Ask your family to be your sponsor)

Turks in Germany, Pakistanis in Norway and north Africans in France will face the wrath because they make up the majority of the immigrant work force in these countries. I lived most of my life in central European countries and never saw people calling Pakistan hub of terrorism.

many of them have been there for ages when demand for foreign workers was high.....now that EU growth rates are either flat-line or in some cases shrinking (and in some countries - they are losing the welfare benefits they've become so accustomed to) - xenophobia and a fascist or even leftist form of "nationalism" will rise in some places....Germany, Greece, Norway for example

that mass murderer Anders Breivik sure as hell wasnt a Pakistani

By details you mean to provide you with a link or type the full story and source I heard it from?

either one.....never heard that case before

though i do know that drug smugglers (MORONS) have very witty ways to smuggle their merchandise.....me personally I think the Saudis handle them the correct way.

anyone stupid enough to smuggle drugs into an international airport deserves to lose his head b/c he probably lacks brain matter to begin with

but anyways I digress

It happens all the time. A decade ago while I was working for a company head quartered in America, a lot of colleagues of mine(some of them married) were denied business visas to America.

You need to convince the caseworker that you will be returning back to your country before you will be given a visa. Unfortunately for a 17 year old from a poor country travelling to a rich country, this is very difficult to demonstrate convincingly. Even Indians in a similar situation as the writer would face similar problems.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom