What's new

If You Were a Billionaire for Five Hours

sirius

BANNED
Reaction score
If You Were a Billionaire for Five Hours
by Robert Frank
Thursday, April 1, 2010

When Paul Fischer checked his bank account Friday night, he had a happy surprise. His balance had exploded to $88,888,888,888.88. A very lucky number indeed, and close to $89 billion.

Of course, the balance was a technical error by SunTrust Bank (NYSE: STI - News), which quickly fixed the problem. It also may have occurred in other accounts.

"You say, 'Eighty-eight billion, what can I do with that?'" said Mr. Fischer, who owns a jewelry concessionaire for Florida theme parks. "Maybe a handful of us could have brought down SunTrust Bank."

Mr. Fischer had other ideas as well. Before the problem was fixed, he asked a SunTrust rep if he could move the money to an interest-bearing account until it was reclaimed and donate the interest to charity. Total interest: more than $7.3 million.

The bank said no.

The money was stripped out of his account by Saturday morning.

"It's all gone. I'm poor again," he said. "I was a billionaire for five hours."

This kind of bank error happens frequently. But Mr. Fischer raises an interesting question: What if, for five hours, you truly did have $89 billion?

What would you do with the money? The ground rules are that you would have to give the money back — and whatever you bought or invested with it — after five hours.
if-you-were-billionaire-for-five-hours: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

i would rather wait for the fifth hour to come and take them away from me.

If I were a billionare I would have pinched myself... :lol: and yes after that......... I don't share secrets ;)

KIT Over

Ha,
Transfer most of the money to a 'benami' untraceable 'foreign/overseas' account.
Buy myself a tropical island in the Pacific or the Indian ocean.

Build "Dr. Evil's Lair with a Death Star"!
Demand 1 MILLION dollars as ransom ;)
Stay put and enjoy life.

I'd just buy lots of stock at the KSE in businesses doing well (or with enough, just buy the entire market) and then when it's time to return the money, sell it all, then keep the profit.

I would heavily invest for NASA to built base on moon by 2015. :)

No money left dear........... prison me for life no problem

at least these poor childrens will live a better life

1 Sacrifice for 10,000s of childrens is not an expensive deal :tup:

10,000s times i want to thank you for this noble post.....:cheers:

Last edited:
Ha,
Transfer most of the money to a 'benami' untraceable 'foreign/overseas' account.
Buy myself a tropical island in the Pacific or the Indian ocean.

Build "Dr. Evil's Lair with a Death Star"!
Demand 1 MILLION dollars as ransom ;)
Stay put and enjoy life.

Damn you beat me to it Gubbi.....

Evil minds think alike.....:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom