What's new

Important: Negotiations with several countries, including Egypt, to purchase JF-17 Thunder fighter

I as a Turk, would like to see Jf-17 in Egyptian Air force rather than Rafale... Pakistan would earn some money and if the situation becomes bad between Turkey and Egypt, you can always embargo Egypt for us. (It is an option, isnt it?) But be carefull about teknology, Egypt is an Israeli puppet right now.
Btw, Egyptian F-16's doesnt have the capacity of BVR I read, why did they brought F-16 if they couldnt even have this capacity? It is like a wolf wilhout teeth...
Look who is talking! trying to fool Pakistanis who is Usraeli puppet.. they already know who has weapons partnerships with them..

Where will the money from these sales go into AZM or PAC/PAF or federal government???

I as a Turk, would like to see Jf-17 in Egyptian Air force rather than Rafale... Pakistan would earn some money and if the situation becomes bad between Turkey and Egypt, you can always embargo Egypt for us. (It is an option, isnt it?) But be carefull about teknology, Egypt is an Israeli puppet right now.
Btw, Egyptian F-16's doesnt have the capacity of BVR I read, why did they brought F-16 if they couldnt even have this capacity? It is like a wolf wilhout teeth...
turk talking about israel ? omg

Hi,

My understanding was and it was clarified by Shahid Latif---that all the design parameters and features were mandated by the Paf---.

Paf design requirements were way ahead of what the chinese mechanical engineering could offer in the begining---.

The chinese wanted to make compromises & offered other options---but the Paf refused---.

Shahid Latif would talk about fierce battles with the chinese engineers but would not budge from his stand---.

Kudos to the chinese that they never took these heated exchanges as a negative---but kept on pushing forward---and as newer and modern machinery became available---the JF17 kept on moving towards the design that was the requirement of the Paf---.

One has to understand that the chinese engineering had no access to a very high quality western fighter aircraft---. The suggestion from the Paf did not only stop at the design of the JF17---it had a major effect on all the projects that were in production at that time---.

Thank you for confirmation.

And to ad something on the same line. Some times we forget that there is more in design that what meets the eye. I may see a fuselage with two wings, tail rudder and wings as a lay man. But inside the fuselage and so on there is much more....

A lot has been said about Egypt and Turkey and their ties with Israel. I think one should look at the whole picture in proper perspective. I dont think the Egyptians or the Turks have established relations with Israel for the love of Israel. It is simply a decision for their survival and economic growth respectively. Having vicinity with Israel places Egypt in a precarious situation. They need the money from Tourism for maintaining a very populous nation and it is simply a decision of expediency which they have taken. The Turks in the past have retained relations with Israel and collaborated with them on technological front. Things have changed since Erdogan's arrival but collaboration on various products continues.
As to JFT and Egyptian interest in it, it is simply a fourth generation small sized fighter which is economical to maintain and run. It is a jack of all trades being a multirole platform and Egyptian interest in it is natural as it is a medium income nation with a defence need and a need to retain a large air force. The Egyptians have every interest in safeguarding the specifics of the JFT and the SD10A but even if they were to reveal it I dont think it will make much of a difference to PAF. There is nothing out of the ordinary in JFT which we would want to hide from anyone. IAF probably has a full dossiere on it already.
A

Last edited:
Did I hit a nerve? All world knows, Sisi is an Israeli puppet.
Sisi looks ONLY after his own interest just like Turkey has done in collaborating extensively with Israel. SO if the point of contention is friendship with Israel, both are equally guilty. Being selective here is very myopic and bereft of logic and truth. And before you jump into the fray with the kitchen sink, there are a lot of Arab nations including Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar and many others who are in bed with Israel. I dont want to discuss the ethics of it as it is beyond the scope of this discussion but am just stating facts.
A

Egypt gave Pakistan and north Korea missile tech long time ago.. maybe because it was in the Usraeli camp and with approaval of of the latter!!??..just stop the BS..
Sir it is an interesting fact can you please elaborate further how Egypt provided Missile tech to Pak and North Korea

What is the source of this new buzz twitter or the actual air show news ?

In the 2019 Paris Air Show, the domestic Snapdragon fighters came out with good news. Many users have come to negotiate, the most eye-catching of which is the Egyptian Air Force. The Egyptian Air Force not only introduces the Xiaolong fighter, but also may introduce the production line to assemble and produce itself. If the plan is completed, it will help the Dragon Fighter open the Middle East market.

As is known to all, the Egyptian Air Force is one of the first overseas users of domestic fighters. The first foreign trade fighter was the Egyptian Air Force. In the 1980s, Egypt introduced the J-7 fighter from China. In the 1990s, the Egyptian Air Force not only introduced K- from China. The 8E trainer also introduced a production line and assembled it by itself. Entering the new century, the Egyptian Air Force purchased Chinese aircraft mainly in the field of drones, and introduced AS-209 drones and pterosaur drones. The latest news is that the Egyptian Air Force ordered 32 pterosaur 1D drones from China, which played an important role in combating militant groups in Egypt.

Egyptian Air Force J-6 fighter jet over the pyramid
Egyptian Air Force J-6 fighter jet over the pyramid

The Egyptian Air Force now has 200 F-16 main fighters, 18 other Mirage 2000s, and more than 200 F-4E, Mirage 5 and MiG-21 fighters. In addition to the F-16 and Mirage 2000, other fighters are very old and need to be updated. Earlier, it was reported that the Egyptian Air Force had introduced 46 MiG-35 fighters, but the number of these aircraft was too small to replace the existing second-generation fighters. In addition, the Egyptian economy is still developing, and it is difficult to fully replace the US, Russia and European countries. Three generations of fighters, so they have been looking for a relatively cheap fighter, which is the main reason for the Egyptian Air Force to watch the Dragon Fighter.

The gusted fighters just introduced by the Egyptian Air Force, with a unit price of more than 200 million US dollars
The gusted fighters just introduced by the Egyptian Air Force, with a unit price of more than 200 million US dollars

In fact, when the 枭龙 fighters flew, the Egyptian Air Force showed a strong interest in it, but the domestic situation has been unstable, and the funding is relatively tight, the introduction plan has not started. In addition, the Egyptian Air Force also has reservations about the early tactical technical indicators of the Xiaolong fighter, and hopes to introduce more advanced models. This is the three batches of Xiaolong. The three batches of Xiaolong are a major improvement model of the Xiaolong fighter. Compared with the previous Xiaolong fighter, it uses a larger wing and a vertical tail to increase the internal oil. The flight control system was upgraded to a three-axis four-degree fly-by-wire control system. The cockpit is equipped with a large-screen display and diffraction flat display. The airborne fire control system uses active phased array fire control radar. The weapon is modified with PL-15E medium long-range air-to-air missile and PL-10E short-range combat air-to-air missile. With a variety of ground attack weapons, the electronic warfare system uses an integrated electronic warfare system, and the overall combat performance has been able to compete with the international three generations of improved and three generations of semi-fighters . However, the price is only about 30 million US dollars, which is much cheaper than the latter. The price of the gusted fighter jets introduced by the Egyptian Air Force from France is as high as 250 million US dollars, which is almost 8 times that of the three batches of fighters! It is a relatively cheap MiG-35 fighter, the unit price is more than 50 million US dollars, about two times the three batches of fighters. And the MiG-35 fighter still uses flat-slot array radar, R-77 medium-range air-to-air missile, and R-73 short-range combat air-to-air missile. The overall combat capability is significantly lower than that of the three batches of Xiaolong fighters.

Egyptian Air Force MiG-35 fighter, the unit price is also about 50 million US dollars
Egyptian Air Force MiG-35 fighter, the unit price is also about 50 million US dollars

As mentioned earlier, the Egyptian Air Force needs to eliminate more than 200 second-generation fighters. Although 46 MiG-35 fighters have been introduced, there are still nearly 100 fighters to replace. In addition, gust fighters also need a pilot training aircraft to avoid consuming valuable flight hours in the simple subject. Therefore, the Egyptian Air Force has set its sights on the three batches of fighters. It is widely believed that the Egyptian Air Force should introduce a production line after the introduction of the Dragon Fighter. Egypt now has a K-8E assembly line that can be used to rebuild the Snapdragon fighter aircraft to keep the Egyptian aircraft factory running, saving investment and costs.

Saudi Air Force pilot test Snapdragon fighter
Saudi Air Force pilot test Snapdragon fighter

Judging from the public news of the Paris Air Show, the Snapdragon fighters have gradually become better in the international market. China and Pakistan are now working together to open up the international market and learn from each other's strengths. For example, Egypt is a traditional Chinese aircraft customer, the Egyptian Air Force Snapdragon fighter project is negotiated by the Egyptian side by China Aviation Technology, and Pakistan is promoted to If the Egyptian Air Force introduces a Snapdragon fighter into a line, it marks that the Snapdragon fighter has entered the Middle East market and will have a profound impact on the regional and international markets. Driven by many potential customers, the most direct possibility is the Saudi Air Force. It is said that Saudi pilots have already tested the Snapdragon fighters. It is not ruled out that Saudi Arabia has also introduced Snapdragon fighters after Egypt. (Author's signature: Xiaofei pig's defense observation)

For the full content of "Sheathing", please pay attention to the Sina military official WeChat preemptive view (see WeChat public number: sinamilnews for details), "Slinging" is a full start on Sina Weiwei official WeChat every day.

Last edited:
Thank you for confirmation.

And to ad something on the same line. Some times we forget that there is more in design that what meets the eye. I may see a fuselage with two wings, tail rudder and wings as a lay man. But inside the fuselage and so on there is much more....

Hi,

Thank you---. That is what it is all about---what is inside of the aircraft that we cannot see---that has turned out to be more important than what shows from outside---.

Years ago---who would have thought that whole of the skin of the air craft would be working as 360 deg sensors---or that the air craft would be visible right in front of your face---and your electronics would be not able to see it.

Even I was thinking the same, they have 240 F16's all are sitting ducks in front of Israel.
Now that Israel has F35, Egypt should be thinking of 5th gen planes not JF17's.

Even I was thinking the same, they have 240 F16's all are sitting ducks in front of Israel.
Now that Israel has F35, Egypt should be thinking of 5th gen planes not JF17's.
Funny thing is, F-16 is not a cheap jet. They paid so many dollars to that and than look at the results... They could have brought Su-30 kind of Russian jets with this money... And this russian jets would be have BVR capacity... Really weird. Btw, United States wont sell F-35 to them. Su-57 isnt ready yet. Their only option is China. And I am not sure if China would be okay with that.

Back
Top Bottom