What's new

In a snub to US, India to go ahead with S-400 missile deal with Russia

US will do anything -- it can't do anything -- about India and Russia. India is not Turkey, a NATO member, where it can browbeat it into submission. US has lost a lot of goodwill for unilaterally withdrawing from Iran deal and imposing punitive tariffs on friends and foes alike.

Respects where it is due. If only Pakistan have such highly efficient and smart politicians.

India can always fight external wars very easily but US would fight India internally. They have enough resources on ground to destroy India from within. External war would unite Indians but when an internal war is waged India would only know about it after she has lost the war.

I agree. The "secular, liberal, free, open, modern yada yada" political, intellectual and media entity is one such internal war machine that US elites have planted in India. To deal with these scum, the Chinese method is perfect. Give them no chance to rise at all.

Add to that the increasing cultural and identity estrangement our children are going through these days, it will be very easy for them.

Conclusion - Trudeau cares more about his Khalistani voter base than relations with India.

Then there was no point coming to India because he won't get any Khalistani support for dancing in a Bollywood award show. :lol:

Respects where it is due. If only Pakistan have such highly efficient and smart politicians.

Buddy, our politicians are no different. Yes Ajit Doval and PM Modi as well as some visionary ministers like Suresh Pabhu, Piyush Goyal etc are smart and efficient. However, the system that we have created is the enemy of smart and dedicated people. The PM is not a king here sadly and there are times when he is forced to listen to stupid mob logic which is planted through 'demonstrations' and 'hartals' by people who are paid a few bucks by NGOs, Church and other entities in cohorts with anti-national elements.

I am sure there are brilliant Pakistanis in your country as well who want to come out of the past and make the future secure and peaceful and strengthen your country from within. But even your elitist nexus will never let such a talent rise.

Non Aligned Movement "Peace can not be achieved with separation, but with the aspiration towards collective security in global terms and expansion of freedom, as well as terminating the domination of one country over another". We will show them an eternal middle finger should they sanction us. Hell we would be happy to join hands with China more than the US.

US can cut off F404 and F414 engine supply and killed LCA. It will bring India to its knees. :enjoy:

Same as cutting off support for Apache, P-8, C-17, C-130J. :lol:
....and will lose much needed $$$ and jobs in the process. of course, with trump being trump, anything is possible.
his ego over everything.

I agree. The "secular, liberal, free, open, modern yada yada" political, intellectual and media entity is one such internal war machine that US elites have planted in India
so u need a "communal, medieval, occupied, closed, ancient paada paada" political and godi media? wow
To deal with these scum, the Chinese method is perfect. Give them no chance to rise at all.
chinese banned religion. try doing that in india. it would hurt the present govt the most.
try imposing an emergency like indira did.
before comparing with china, try to understand that our fundamentals, our societies and our pluralistic nature is opposite of what china is today.
hell, our business model is replicating the US model and the current govt throws in its full support to this madness.

Buddy, our politicians are no different. Yes Ajit Doval and PM Modi as well as some visionary ministers like Suresh Pabhu, Piyush Goyal etc are smart and efficient. However, the system that we have created is the enemy of smart and dedicated people. The PM is not a king here sadly and there are times when he is forced to listen to stupid mob logic which is planted through 'demonstrations' and 'hartals' by people who are paid a few bucks by NGOs, Church and other entities in cohorts with anti-national elements.

I am sure there are brilliant Pakistanis in your country as well who want to come out of the past and make the future secure and peaceful and strengthen your country from within. But even your elitist nexus will never let such a talent rise.

On average, there are way far more "country first" centric politicians in India than in Pakistan. Indian politicians see things through Indian prism and in the process if they could make few bucks, (without hurting country's interests), here and there, I'm sure no one would mind. Pakistani politicians see things only through self interests and of course if in that process they would be trying their max to generate $$$ for themselves.

before comparing with china, try to understand that our fundamentals, our societies and our pluralistic nature is opposite of what china is today.
exactly. india has an opportunity to become a superpower, that doesn't mean it will be the next china.

It takes a lot to change potential into reality. Some ppl are too optimistic sometimes.
yeah but what i meant was that india doesn't have to follow the same route as china to becoming a superpower and end up like china. that doesn't mean india cannot surpass china in development. often you see people recommend routes that countries can take to becoming developed based on the routes that other countries have taken in the past, for example the turkish model for pakistan. whilst it is not impossible for such things, they need to be considered in the context of the country. for example, state atheism won't work in india.

exactly. india has an opportunity to become a superpower, that doesn't mean it will be the next china.

The age of super power ship is long gone. Today almost 10 countries have nuclear weapons, ready to annihilate each other several times.

I somehow doubt it. US economically is not the powerhouse it used to be so its influence is also being limited. India is a regional power house and money does talk. Keeping the red bear interested with some honey is a matter of survival for India.
We need to start to look at the asian countries and their buying power. Their population accounts for nearly 1/2 the world. We have remained in the conflict zone to appease the western defence industry for far too long. Let us settle differences and shift Eastwards. This in reality is what the West fears.
A

Thats the truth.Heck if we let the religion go(india and pakistan).....only sky is the limit.And trust me,that day will come.Our cultures are too intertwined.Once the religion is not a dominant force anymore,maybe in next 50-60 years there will be collaborations just like an EU.And by sheer numbers we will do great.

Lol.. we are talking about engine which is the most difficult part to make and you try act smart by diverting to FCS?

Let me repeat again, india is no way to make a class of F404 even in next 15years time. You are at mercy of American , British or Russian. Period. :enjoy:

And what innovation have u achieved in engines??
Shamelessly buying shit from ukraine and reverse engineering that from the last 15 years,still u have no respectable engine powering heavier jets.Don't try to claim yourself to be innovators,u people have copied everyone,i congratulate u for that and have only recently started innovating.

What makes u think we wont start doing that in another 15 years?

Possibly a load of bias or lack of critical thinking,decide what it is.

On average, there are way far more "country first" centric politicians in India than in Pakistan. Indian politicians see things through Indian prism and in the process if they could make few bucks, (without hurting country's interests), here and there, I'm sure no one would mind. Pakistani politicians see things only through self interests and of course if in that process they would be trying their max to generate $$$ for themselves.

U people made bad choices and still continue to.Indan system is shitty too but its very very stable.Thats what pakistan lacks and will always lack till the army stops calling the shots.

And of course religion.The problem with islam(dont worry,i would make a rational comment) is the burden exerted on child early on to learn quran and what not.The school homework is already so much,on the top of that u start another language literally.Then u have mother tongue and english.This needs to go if u want a child to develop critical thinking.I guess this is much less in turkey but mostly exists a lot in subcontinent.Brain has finite capacity afterall.
Indians too are wasting time on religion but not to this extent.

The funniest was the Canadian PM getting royally snubbed in India. The parliament in Canada have still not stopped discussing it. The snub literally brought down the Canadian PM's rating into the negative.

That useless man is a joker and was trolled heavily in canada for his stupid antics.He is openly in support of khalistanis just for votes.

I don’t believe s-400 is that potent of weapon, Indian might not have bought it but now when some one trying to dictate us .. this deal will definable be finalized you never tell an Indian what to do haha...
S-400 is no match for a Su-30 MKi carring 12 BVR missile and Rafale carrying Meteor missiles guiding by Phalcon Awacs now thats what I call some air defense.

Go and search the s-400 constituents before making useless statements.

I agree they will not take (major) punitive actions against India though you and a few others are wrongly comparing the US's handling of affairs with India and those with China. With China, they have and will be confrontational albeit without trying to jeopardise trade ties but they will not be as hawkish with India. It is rather due to their geostrategic ambitions in the South Asian and even Asia-Pacific reason that they will ensure they do not alienate India.

Do not be mistaken, if the US wanted, they could break India just as they could with most other countries bar China and a few others.

Its not that easy,u need public support for taking such actions.India is a democracy,we generally have a good reputation for being relatively non violent (relatively,ok)...loads of doctors,scientists,engineers etc are already working in the usa for decades.All this plays a role.
We pose no threat to the usa whatsoever even if we grow very strong due to democracy.We will just form a bloc with usa like EU has.
With china and russia the problem is mainly ideology as both are not democracies(even russians are not,state is too powerful,there is some control on elections).So the major difference is this.

India is looking after its interest, fair play to them. I think Russia will appreciate this gesture greatly.
But I believe it's the end for US arms sales, apart from a few things.

Those few niche things are all we need. It's not like we are very serious about buying defence articles from the US in the first place. Even from Russia, we are focusing only on niche items now. Indigenization has become the first priority, followed by JVs.

US can cut off F404 and F414 engine supply and killed LCA. It will bring India to its knees. :enjoy:

Same as cutting off support for Apache, P-8, C-17, C-130J. :lol:

New deals will get affected, not old ones.

U people made bad choices and still continue to.Indan system is shitty too but its very very stable.Thats what pakistan lacks and will always lack till the army stops calling the shots.

And of course religion.The problem with islam(dont worry,i would make a rational comment) is the burden exerted on child early on to learn quran and what not.The school homework is already so much,on the top of that u start another language literally.Then u have mother tongue and english.This needs to go if u want a child to develop critical thinking.I guess this is much less in turkey but mostly exists a lot in subcontinent.Brain has finite capacity afterall.
Indians too are wasting time on religion but not to this extent.

Army only takes over when there is national security risks. For example, today Nawaz Sharif is comitting treason, he is 24/7 talking nonsense on media and that is after he was a PM for 3 terms. Today the country have massive debts, energy crises, mammoth trade deficit, depleted reserves, etc all after 10 years of democracy. India has never face any crises similar to these.

And no Quran is not compulsory in schools, I have no idea where you picked that from. Many parents do it on weekend schools though. And learning Quran is important so no group can deceive you.

Exert pressure how? it is not 1960 or 1970 those days are gone.

US wont. But if they want to pressurise India they easily can. They will start upgrading Pak's F16s and provide advanced AtoA missiles, etc.

Back
Top Bottom