What's new

India and Commonwealth Games.. will india show its power??

Do you think common wealthgames would make image of India as an upcomming power?

• Yes

Votes: 83 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 53 22.2%
  • Can't say

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • India already have an image of upcoming power

Votes: 86 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This has been a very good eye opener for the Indian bureaucracy, compare this with the other two projects in Delhi, the airport by a private company and the Metro by a proficient CEO. There are some good lessons to be learned and some heads need to roll especially mr. K. I hope the media stays on this after the games instead of forgetting about it. I am more interested in what will happen after the Games.

This has been a very good eye opener for the Indian bureaucracy, compare this with the other two projects in Delhi, the airport by a private company and the Metro by a proficient CEO. There are some good lessons to be learned and some heads need to roll especially mr. K. I hope the media stays on this after the games instead of forgetting about it. I am more interested in what will happen after the Games.

India will definatey pull it off no problems
should hand over the work to Army to ensure speedy and round the clock completion
once the games are completed the lazy culprits must be made to answer

India will definatey pull it off no problems
should hand over the work to Army to ensure speedy and round the clock completion
once the games are completed the lazy culprits must be made to answer

Let the army do its role its meant to do, for the civil work there are a number of large industrial houses to do the job. Its unfortunate that Politicians stick their leg into everything, they should be just concerned with governing.

The whole episode has brought a bad name to India, the last minute face saving is no excuse for all the follies committed, once the games are over, the best we can do is Kick the Sheila Dixit Govt out of power.

it is time to wake up.

In China, we have thousands of kilometers metro built in the past decade, but no one can even name the boss of those metro operation or construction companies. We don't call them "proficient", they are doing their paid job and they are required to finish it with agreed standard with no BS excuse.

In general New Delhi's metro project is just a joke when compared to the metro in Shanghai and Beijing.

Shanghai Metro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Beijing Subway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who are the bosses of these projects? I don't know and I don't care. They get paid, they get the job done, they do it in an agreed standard.

This is how things work in China, no BS, no excuse, no finger pointing, you get paid and you get the job done.

time to grow up, india.

Let the army do its role its meant to do, for the civil work there are a number of large industrial houses to do the job. Its unfortunate that Politicians stick their leg into everything, they should be just concerned with governing.

The whole episode has brought a bad name to India, the last minute face saving is no excuse for all the follies committed, once the games are over, the best we can do is Kick the Sheila Dixit Govt out of power.

you didn't realise this has already become a national emergency, do you?

it not just about face saving, it is about the huge amount investment you already made. please also let me to remind you that those money spent on these projects are from your tax payer's pocket and we all know that your tax payers are not that rich.

it is time to wake up.
In general New Delhi's metro project is just a joke when compared to the metro in Shanghai and Beijing.

This is how things work in China, no BS, no excuse, no finger pointing, you get paid and you get the job done.

time to grow up, india.

Dude... I replied to one of your posts in another thread as well... you should not judge a book by its covers....and don't try to start flaming threads all over the forum

There are a lot of other things which Indians enjoy if you compare to the Chinese.... One of the basic human rights we enjoy is freedom... Freedom to choose who sits in the govt.... freedom to choose who needs to be kicked out... freedom to hold someone accountable if something goes wrong... and we are more than happy to exercise them.

please also let me to remind you that those money spent on these projects are from your tax payer's pocket and we all know that your tax payers are not that rich.

Actually it is otherwise dear... our taxpayers are rich!... poor don't have to pay taxes :no:

Actually it is otherwise dear... our taxpayers are rich!... poor don't have to pay taxes :no:

Does those "Rich taxpayers" including the 300million plus "2-4" dollars puchasing power middle class?:whistle:
And i wish all the best for Indian's CWG will successfuly of showing the world what Indians are made of="Power":yahoo: :partay:

it is time to wake up.

In China, we have thousands of kilometers metro built in the past decade, but no one can even name the boss of those metro operation or construction companies. We don't call them "proficient", they are doing their paid job and they are required to finish it with agreed standard with no BS excuse.

Shanghai Metro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Beijing Subway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who are the bosses of these projects? I don't know and I don't care. They get paid, they get the job done, they do it in an agreed standard.

time to grow up, india.

Thank you my friend ...

Though this is off topic discussion.. China has done great development towards it's infrastructure. The India is too on the same way. Every Indian has learnt a lot from this CWG 2010 mess. I can feel the pain how it pinches us. India is a democratic country and everyone knew the way how democratic country works. As India is one of the largest and successful Flawed democracy country. My friend, I am sure in your life time India will have something that you will admire.

Thank you for the example.

Pic Quality is not good bcoz its taken from a News paper.

See the under line path ?

Homeless person sleeping under the CWG banner :lazy:

Pic Quality is not good bcoz its taken from a News paper.

See the under line path ?

Homeless person sleeping under the CWG banner :lazy:

He could very well be a labourer at the CWG site. In india it is very common for labourers to sleep on/near the site of work.

china made a huge spending into conducting olympic games..

india spend as huge as 50,000cr ( USD 10 bn ) into the CWG..

apart from china & india , how many other countries can even try to go forward to spend such a monet on games..?

i was just thinking if such a huge spending can't make a game then one should forget about conducting any international event of such magnitude in future , looking at the economic health of majority of countries...

china made a huge spending into conducting olympic games..

india spend as huge as 50,000cr ( USD 10 bn ) into the CWG..

apart from china & india , how many other countries can even try to go forward to spend such a monet on games..?

i was just thinking if such a huge spending can't make a game then one should forget about conducting any international event of such magnitude in future , looking at the economic health of majority of countries...

:pop::pop::pop: why to spend so much for fake image in the first place

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom