What's new

India and Commonwealth Games.. will india show its power??

Do you think common wealthgames would make image of India as an upcomming power?

• Yes

Votes: 83 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 53 22.2%
  • Can't say

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • India already have an image of upcoming power

Votes: 86 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The whole CWG mess is well planned by England plus Aussies....but they will lose..their advance teams have done this sabotage !!!

in my country, we do our hard work and give no excuse. we rapidly modernized our nation and preserved our very unique culture and the ones we imported from India 1000 years ago.

4965942984_37d394af84_b.jpg

4759397406_fc1226cfc2_b.jpg

however, india still refuse to acknowledge its own failure and keep using excuses to justify its systematic failure.

excuse after excuse, promise after promise, what average indians really get from such liars?

in my country, we do our hard work and give no excuse. we rapidly modernized our nation and preserved our very unique culture and the ones we imported from India 1000 years ago.

4965942984_37d394af84_b.jpg

4759397406_fc1226cfc2_b.jpg

however, india still refuse to acknowledge its own failure and keep using excuses to justify its systematic failure.

excuse after excuse, promise after promise, what average indians really get from such liars?

who says indians dont accept this?.every indian here saying that govt n oc are responsible for this mess.so wats ur point??

Kalmadi should be given serious punishment. Same for all other involved.

You know how we plan something like this in India.
7 years back we got this games.
People figured out what needs to done and what budget is needed
Next thing is who gets how much budget so that they can make money.
*Important focus is making money for yourself*
Groups fight till a amibicable corruption formula is reached where everyone get to make fare share of money.
Everyone is concerned if they are getting there share or not. No one cares if it is done right.

So as the focus is money corruption is highest compared to any games.

*The above comments are part of my fiction*

After reading this read my signature.

Last edited:
Kalmadi should be given serious punishment. Same for all other involved.

You know how we plan something like this in India.
7 years back we got this games.
People figured out what needs to done and what budget is needed
Next thing is who gets how much budget so that they can make money.
*Important focus is making money for yourself*
Groups fight till a amibicable corruption formula is reached where everyone get to make fare share of money.
Everyone is concerned if they are getting there share or not. No one cares if it is done right.

So as the focus is money corruption is highest compared to any games.

*The above comments are part of my fiction*

After reading this read my signature.

Agree with you, however there are other big fish in this whole episode who always get away. Kalamadi was the obvious culprit the media picked up and rightly so but what about the other big fish?
Contrary to popular belief that OC had the right to spend Rs 30-40,000 crores on the organisation, we only had Rs 1,600 crore allotted. The rest was taken care by the government and Indian Olympic Association
Kalmadi accepts responsibility, refuses to step down

Check how some nations are using the CWG to speak nonsense!

Check PM’s car too, says England
Utpal Borpujari, New Delhi, Sep 26, DH News Service:

No one argues that there are security concerns surrounding the Commonwealth Games, considering the past incidents of terror attacks in the capital, but the English contingent has taken the security paranoia to a new, almost bizarre level.

On Saturday, it demanded that even Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s car be checked while entering any Games venue, a demand that was flatly rejected by India.

“How will you feel if Prince Charles’ car is checked?” Indian officials retorted to the England Chef de Mission when he said he had seen VVIP cars enter Games venues without any security check.

“Check all cars, including that of the PM and Union ministers as they enter any stadium,”he demanded during a meeting with Indian officials, who shot down the demand, saying: “There is no question of the PM and cabinet ministers’ cars being checked.”

The England official made the demand at a meeting between representatives of participating countries and Delhi government officials, including those from the Delhi Lieutenant Governor’s office and the chief minister’s office, the Delhi Police, the DDA and the Organising Committee, sources said.

As part of the security drill, it has already been decided that all VIPs, barring the likes of the prime minister and Prince Charles, would leave their vehicles at certain designated points and travel by bus to the opening ceremony venue at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium so that security cover could be more effectively provided.

Delhi police officials told the foreign delegates that only very few VIP vehicles would anyway get access to the venues as most of the VIPs and officials would travel in designated CWG vehicles only. Over a lakh security personnel are being deployed in the days to come all over the capital and they will be on duty till the games get over on October 14.

A special contingent of 175 sharpshooters separately will be tasked to shoot down any manned or unmanned aerial object that is seen to be flying without permission.

Saturday’s meeting saw rejection of another suggestion from some chefs de mission that no non-Games vehicle should be allowed to ply on the dedicated games lanes on busy Delhi streets for 17 hours a day during the Games period.

The demand was for banning non-Games vehicles from 6 am to 11 pm every day, but the government said such a move would inconvenience the public in a major way. Now, the lanes would be blocked for non-Games vehicles only when there is any movement of Games-related vehicles.

The chefs de mission were also assured that the hygiene levels at the Games village, which have come under scathing allround criticism after it was revealed that the apartments to be used by athletes and delegates were left extremely dirty, would be of “international”standards.

Check PM’s car too, says England

Congratulations! Unfortunately there is a thread about the Asian Games already. :coffee:

We already know what tamasha the CWG has been, no need to beat a dead horse.

who says indians dont accept this?.every indian here saying that govt n oc are responsible for this mess.so wats ur point??

No, this is just typical indian excuse and fingerpointing game.

Let's just talk about real actions, not excuses.

1. There are wide spread corruption during the preparation of the game, your tax payers are paying for such failure. But how many officials responsible for such failures have been formally charged?

2. As the head of the government, your PM is clearly not qualified for his job. He should NOT hold emergency talks a few days before the opening of the game. It is his paid job to do it months before the opening. What did he do? He let the nation down AGAIN.

However, you are still keeping this ugly monkey in office under the excuse of "democracy". Trust me, after this mess, you are the bad example of democracy and your PM should be formally charged for his negligence.

I don't think this is going to happen as the systemic failure would stop any real reform in your country. You PM and government can safely finish its term no matter how bad/stupid they are.

3. Let's don't just limit ourself to this coming game, let's just look at the past decades. How many ministers were charged with corruption in India? Are you suggesting there is no corruptions in those ministers?

Yes, people are unhappy with the current government, but that is just another fingerpointing games, problems are not going to be solved.

Dear Indians, I have nothing against any of you, I have nothing against any average Indian citizen, we all come from the same backgrounds (Asian, born in developing countries, we want better life, we want peaceful nations).

However, I just couldn't understand why your PM is not formally charged with negligence. According to the law of any civilized nation, he is a criminal. He refused to coordinate when things go wrong. He refuse to enforce better government monitoring of the progress. He refused to raise the issue to the government and people in general.

In my home country, we put such morons into jail.

No, this is just typical indian excuse and fingerpointing game.

Let's just talk about real actions, not excuses.

1. There are wide spread corruption during the preparation of the game, your tax payers are paying for such failure. But how many officials responsible for such failures have been formally charged?

2. As the head of the government, your PM is clearly not qualified for his job. He should NOT hold emergency talks a few days before the opening of the game. It is his paid job to do it months before the opening. What did he do? He let the nation down AGAIN.

However, you are still keeping this ugly monkey in office under the excuse of "democracy". Trust me, after this mess, you are the bad example of democracy and your PM should be formally charged for his negligence.

I don't think this is going to happen as the systemic failure would stop any real reform in your country. You PM and government can safely finish its term no matter how bad/stupid they are.

3. Let's don't just limit ourself to this coming game, let's just look at the past decades. How many ministers were charged with corruption in India? Are you suggesting there is no corruptions in those ministers?

Yes, people are unhappy with the current government, but that is just another fingerpointing games, problems are not going to be solved.

if u r saying how much minister r punished in past,then ur point is valid.i understood ur point.
but if u talk abt PM then i refuse ur claim.PM is not responsible for this.we have separate chairman and sports minister for this.PM force fully intervened coz foreign delegates were asking questions.to show how much serious is this,pm had to intervened.anotherwise as PM ,i dont think any body can question his ability.he is the best economist in the world but he is not politician.

in my country, we do our hard work and give no excuse. we rapidly modernized our nation and preserved our very unique culture and the ones we imported from India 1000 years ago.......

:blah:

apparently your parents didn't teach you about humbleness and modesty, its Confucian y'know ? maybe you've lived on the mainland too long.....
:disagree:

if u r saying how much minister r punished in past,then ur point is valid.i understood ur point.
but if u talk abt PM then i refuse ur claim.PM is not responsible for this.we have separate chairman and sports minister for this.PM force fully intervened coz foreign delegates were asking questions.to show how much serious is this,pm had to intervened.anotherwise as PM ,i dont think any body can question his ability.he is the best economist in the world but he is not politician.

for your laughable claim that he is the best economist in the world, I just want to laugh and laugh. Let me introduce you a Chinese man who never give excuses for his jobs and whom also happen to know a lot on economy:

Keqiang Li is set to become the next PM of China in 2013 (yes, we are not democracy, we don't portend to be one), his research outcome in his university was used as the blue print of China's privatization in the 90s. 15 years on, the outcome of the privatization proves his belief. The direct consequence of this contribution is the vastly improved daily lives for hundreds of millions Chinese.

Your PM may did some fancy writing, published some papers, did some talks. He is now called a "economist" even when he could never improve the overall economy of India. Our next PM helped to make us who we are today.

Li Keqiang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If your PM is the best economist in the world, them I assume Li should be considered as the best economist any time in history.

:blah:

apparently your parents didn't teach you about humbleness and modesty, its Confucian y'know ? maybe you've lived on the mainland too long.....
:disagree:

Confucian? can I fxxk it for $5?

btw. I was born in the mainland, grew up in the mainland, although I am currently living oversea, I will eventually return to the mainland to have my career/family there. like all my family members, 百年以后,我也会被安葬在中国大陆。

Without the mainland, I am just a piece of ****, my doctoral degree from a world top ranking university would worth no more than a piece of toilet paper, my life won't be happy. Without the mainland, Taiwan will just be a dead island nothing different from India.

This is not because I love the mainland, it is because of the fact that mainland is the market in which I am making a difference.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom