What's new

India as a great power: Know your own strength

Mauryan Empire
[video]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3d/Maurya_Dynasty_in_265_BCE.jpg[/video]

@Pakistani Nationalist Well, you can say whatever you want. You are entitled to do so. I just told what Indians are trying to get.

@AUz Buddy, you can do one thing, since you felt angry because what your friend said, tell him, the song "Lat Lag Gayi", the actress is Sri Lankan, Indianized as she is acting in an Indian movie and song is in Hindi, Indian language. :D

BTW also tell him that Reliance Entertainment, Indian Company, owned by Indian, has financed one of the successful movie of US, Lincoln, last year. And Reliance owns 50% stakes in Dreamworks of Steven Spielberg. So when next time he watches any Dreamworks's movie, tell him that its produced by Indian contribution.

World comes to India and We go to world, Its two way street.

I won't comment on his customs, religion or national identity. Because we have been taught to respect everyone.

Even Respect Thy Enemy. Lord Ram told Laxman to go to Ravan who was dying, to take some teaching from him, as Ravan was a Highly Intelligent and Successful Brahmin, Laxman stood besides Ravan's head. He was told to go to feet of Ravan, as Guru is supposed to be respected.

We speak English, work for foreign companies, I submit papers in Western nations' journals, use their technology, but whenever I meet my Prof., my guru, I touch his feet and take blessings. And this is not a big thing in India. We are taught it to do so. It has become our habit. Its in our "Sanskars".

Also tell him that few of the most successful doctors in US are Indians. They are famous all over the world. They save so many US citizens. And I can't rub that on his face, because it is their duty, The Karma, they have to do. An honest way of earning a living.

Indian origin residents have higher average income than average US household income.

So many Indians are living in US, so called westernized, take him to any Indian's home, he will see a small Mandir, Guru Nanak Dev ki Pic, Flowers, Scented sticks, etc. and many worship their Gods every day.

Indians respects local US citizens, they live by rules of US, they do their jobs and duties as US citizens are expected to do, and they don't impose their religion, customs etc. on local US citizens.We just take care of our family and people around us while remain connected to our roots.

After all we believe in

Karamanya Vadhikarasthe
Maa phaleshu kadachana

Meaning, Do your Karma, Don't think or worry about Result.

Having said all this, Don't Say anything to him. We don't like to Rub all this on their faces.
:enjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:
He thinks his country will take west Bengal from India and form "greater Bangladesh". And apparently Bengalis in India are all yearning for Bangladeshis to come rescue them from evil indian occupiers. A Bangladeshi version of that common Pakistani delusion about kashmiris or Sikhs.

Yes, there are people like him on the internet.

he he he. I think we should let him have his dream, only caveat being they have to declare mamta banerjee their PM for life....lots of scope for entertainment :lol:

1.And what were the ideals of your Father of the Nation? Passivity, Submission, Ahimsa, etc. Offer the other cheek; don't hit back. The Hindu performs best under a foreigner. That's why you retained Mountbatten and the trend continues in Sonia Italia.

2. And you had performed best and were happiest under us, the Muslims. We did not disturb your customs or desecrate / destroy your culture. For instance, we looked the other way when you burnt your widows or offered narabali / human sacrifice.

retarded and stupid comments. Gandhi booted out the brits- something no one else could ever do. Moountbatten was retained because he had (& did) good things to offer on the table. Sonia Gandhi is a figurehead. We can see on both our sides countries created on the basis of relegion. Despite talking big big things, have you ever achieved anything? According to your theory, your state basis a relgion is better than India- how come if we flip a switch here you will be completely run over?

1.We do not follow Gandhiji's ideology every time,otherwise Bangladesh would have never come into existence.And Sonia Gandhi rules a party,not India.
2.Under you?:lol:Are you claiming to be direct descendant of Babur?If so,read his autobiography and his view about Hindustan which you were also a part of.

Gandhiji said, between non violence is used as a cover for cowardice, I'd prefer you violent. The idea of non violence is not passive submission- only a brave understanding that you practice if you are convinced that it will make the world better. If you are a coward or if you are not convinced that it will make the world a better place, he would rather prefer you to be a violent man than charade around with non-violence.

More than half of India remains outside the writ of GOI. Ever since 1947, multiple insurgencies, freedom movements, cast killings, religious riots, etc have continued without break. 15,000 Indian farmers in 2010 and 14,000 in 2011 committed suicide out of hunger. That's per statement made by PM, MMS. The truth would be worse. One million illegal Indians enter the West every year. The Hindus simply do not know how how to rule; they have never been rulers. Only a return to Muslim rule can make their lot better.

which country do you belong to again?

What 5000 year culture? Your culture started when the Indus River Valley culture spread to Ganges plains. Before that, the Indians of today were living like sub-saharan empires... with no writing, or language communications

:angel: you see buddy?

Eh....Indus vallue culture is 5000 year culture so it is technically correct to say that we are at least 5000 years old. And no one knows how Indians lived 'before' that.

Nice post mate :tup:

@KRAIT NRI's are the highest earners in USA off late they even crossed Jews :cheers:

@Pakistani Nationalist Well, you can say whatever you want. You are entitled to do so. I just told what Indians are trying to get.

@AUz Buddy, you can do one thing, since you felt angry because what your friend said, tell him, the song "Lat Lag Gayi", the actress is Sri Lankan, Indianized as she is acting in an Indian movie and song is in Hindi, Indian language. :D

BTW also tell him that Reliance Entertainment, Indian Company, owned by Indian, has financed one of the successful movie of US, Lincoln, last year. And Reliance owns 50% stakes in Dreamworks of Steven Spielberg. So when next time he watches any Dreamworks's movie, tell him that its produced by Indian contribution.

World comes to India and We go to world, Its two way street.

I won't comment on his customs, religion or national identity. Because we have been taught to respect everyone.

Even Respect Thy Enemy. Lord Ram told Laxman to go to Ravan who was dying, to take some teaching from him, as Ravan was a Highly Intelligent and Successful Brahmin, Laxman stood besides Ravan's head. He was told to go to feet of Ravan, as Guru is supposed to be respected.

We speak English, work for foreign companies, I submit papers in Western nations' journals, use their technology, but whenever I meet my Prof., my guru, I touch his feet and take blessings. And this is not a big thing in India. We are taught it to do so. It has become our habit. Its in our "Sanskars".

Also tell him that few of the most successful doctors in US are Indians. They are famous all over the world. They save so many US citizens. And I can't rub that on his face, because it is their duty, The Karma, they have to do. An honest way of earning a living.

Indian origin residents have higher average income than average US household income.

So many Indians are living in US, so called westernized, take him to any Indian's home, he will see a small Mandir, Guru Nanak Dev ki Pic, Flowers, Scented sticks, etc. and many worship their Gods every day.

Indians respects local US citizens, they live by rules of US, they do their jobs and duties as US citizens are expected to do, and they don't impose their religion, customs etc. on local US citizens.We just take care of our family and people around us while remain connected to our roots.

After all we believe in

Karamanya Vadhikarasthe
Maa phaleshu kadachana

Meaning, Do your Karma, Don't think or worry about Result.

Having said all this, Don't Say anything to him. We don't like to Rub all this on their faces.
:enjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do people start a war between culture here ???

And the dumbest thing is to say that India has a 5000 year old culture. Indian culture more diverse than any other culture in the world with Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhist influence.

Mate culture is different from religion,
-> the way you dress.
-> the way you treat your family parents, Gurus,women, family members
-> the way you cook
-> the way celebrate the important etc...

Come under culture, so on that note family values and other stuff are very old and dates back thousands of years.

what you are talking about is Niyoga

On Topic> India is Regional Superpower. But we have a long way to go, before we could be called as great power on global scale

We need a more effective economic policy, more pro-active strategic thinking and effective leadership.

If we continue to perform well in fields like HRD, Technology, Economy, Health care,R&D then we will be in far better position than now
what does this mean?

Some excellent posts - however most are very defensive, a majority of Indian friends, it seems, think of "know your strength" in terms of the failures of Pakistan, which is an idea that has it's place, however, there is a "push, pull" at work here, the West wants India to flex her muscles against Pakistan and China, while we have been suggesting that focusing on Pakistan , India and China together is the way to go -- in the push pull of these ideas, Indians must decide for themselves what "being great" means for them, and such a dscussion and debate will be instructive for those who advocate "push" as well as for those who advocate "pull".

Oh come on! Even the INSAS rifle has been rejected by IA. Rifles are now being imported. FYI, we have been producing rifles for long. You can try us - if we have any surplus.

More than 30 lakh INSAS rifles are in service with Indian Army as of 2008.Indian Airforce,Indian Navy and various paramilitary forces are also using it.
That itself speaks about how successful INSAS is .

Ignoring the CHEAP posts about poverty of some of our pakistani freinds INDIA HAS INDEED made great strides .

INDIA MAY HAVE 400 MILLION POOR even starving BUT THE INDIAN NATION. ITS GOVT AND ITS MILITARY HAS GREAT WEALTH

A LOT OF WONGA $$$$$44 and growing at an (for som,e people/ neighbours) ALARMING RATE.

HOWEVER i do not see INDIA HAS A GREAT POWER JUST YET. certainly NOT until 2030 timeframe.

by 2030 india WIL BE where CHINA is today...

with regards to POVERTY its better to be poor in a STRONG CONFIDENT GROWING NATION like india

RATHER THAN POOR/POVERTY in a bankrupt poor corrupt nation with no future and no global support or TRUST or goal/direction.

Oh please. We have managed to keep our cultural identity for the past 5000 years, despite suffering invasion after invasion. If the forced attempts of central Asians couldn't change our identity and character, you can bet that a few walmarts across India wont either. (And about the economic side of it, it is farmers who are actively lobbying FOR walmart and retail FDI, and it is traders who are arguing against it. You got that factually wrong.)
Besides, we don't have one single "culture", we have hundreds. The culture of tamils or biharis or marathas are all very very distinct from each other. All these cultures have existed long before present day European cultures began, and will probably outlast them, if history is anything to go by. Our identity (whether of the Vedic/post Vedic cultures or Dravidian and other cultures) all existed before ancient romans or greeks or Egyptians. While those civilizations all perished in the sands of time, ours has endured, despite the constant attacks from without. So I wouldn't worry much about television or walmart putting an end to five millennia of indomitable cultural endurance. Foreign influences and ideas have only enriched us, never destroyed us.
In the words of pakistan's national poet and conceptual founder, in India's most famous patriotic song (tarana-e-hind or saare jahaan se accha),
YUNAAN - O - MISR - O - ROMAA SAB MIT GAYE JAHAAn SE
AB TAK MAGAR HAI BAAQI NAAM - O - NISHAAn HAMAARAA!
KUCHH BAAT HAI KE HASTI MIT - TI NAHIEn HAMAARI
SADYOn RAHAA HAI DUSHMAN DAUR - E- ZAMAAn HAMAARAA!
(The Egyptian, roman and greek civilizations have all vanished from the earth. But our civilization's imprints endure on an on. There is something about our existence that we cannot be effaced, though the cycle of time has forever been inimical to us.)
So Indians are not worried about walmart or a new song "lat lag gayi" or whatever destroying our culture. Sorrry, but our culture is far too old, far too strong and far too proud to be erased by such trivialities.
Allama Iqbal Poetry کلام علامہ محمد اقبال: (Bang-e-Dra-039) Tarana-e-Hindi
Dr. Allama Iqbal continued this poetry

Chin O arab hamara hindustaN hamara
Muslim haiN hum watan sara jahaN hamara

Tauheed ki amanat sin O main hai hamare
AasaN nahi mitana nam O nishaN hamara

DuniyaN k but kadoN mai phahla wo ghar khuda ka
Hum is k pasbaN haiN wo pasbaN hamara

TighoN k sayee main hum pal kar jawaN huyeN haiN
Khanjer helal ka hai koumi nishaN hamara

Magrib main diwarooN main gunji azaN hamari
Thamta na tha kisi se sil E rawaN hamara

Batil se dabne wale ai aasmaN nahiN hum
Saw bar kar chuka hai tu imtehaN hamara

Ai gulistan E undulus woh din hai yad tujh ko
Tha teri daliyoN main jab aashyaN hamara

Ai mauj E dajla ; tu bhi pahchanti hai hum ko
Ab tak tere darya main afsaNa khah hamara

Ai arz E pak ;teri hurmat pe kat mareN hum
Hai khuN teri ragooN main ab tak rawaN hamara

Salar E karwaN hai MIR_E HEJAZ apna
Is nam se hai baqui aaram E jaN hamara

Iqbal ka tarana bang E dara hai goya
Hota hai jada paimaN phir karwaN hamara

Dr. Allama Iqbal continued this poetry

Chin O arab hamara hindustaN hamara
Muslim haiN hum watan sara jahaN hamara

Tauheed ki amanat sin O main hai hamare
AasaN nahi mitana nam O nishaN hamara

DuniyaN k but kadoN mai phahla wo ghar khuda ka
Hum is k pasbaN haiN wo pasbaN hamara

TighoN k sayee main hum pal kar jawaN huyeN haiN
Khanjer helal ka hai koumi nishaN hamara

Magrib main diwarooN main gunji azaN hamari
Thamta na tha kisi se sil E rawaN hamara

Batil se dabne wale ai aasmaN nahiN hum
Saw bar kar chuka hai tu imtehaN hamara

Ai gulistan E undulus woh din hai yad tujh ko
Tha teri daliyoN main jab aashyaN hamara

Ai mauj E dajla ; tu bhi pahchanti hai hum ko
Ab tak tere darya main afsaNa khah hamara

Ai arz E pak ;teri hurmat pe kat mareN hum
Hai khuN teri ragooN main ab tak rawaN hamara

Salar E karwaN hai MIR_E HEJAZ apna
Is nam se hai baqui aaram E jaN hamara

Iqbal ka tarana bang E dara hai goya
Hota hai jada paimaN phir karwaN hamara

1) This thread is more than a year old, and the discussion was laiid to rest a long time back.

2) Yes I know the rest of it, but what is your point? I quoted a couple of lines that supported my point poetically. If the poet has written other verses, that doesn't mean my point is invalid. The truth of the claim does not lie in what the poet may have believed. His name was not mentioned because his word is authoritative - it is not. I mentioned his name only to quote two lines of his poetry. He was wrong in the first two lines that you have quoted - India does not belong to muslims, India belongs to Indians of any faith or none.

Back
Top Bottom