What's new

'India can leave China behind in manufacturing if given certain facilities' Delhi CM suggests

You can dream whatever you want, I prefer to remain on the ground.
Just 1 news of Indian IT industry:

TCS, Infosys and other such big Indian companies are IT services companies, who don't have a single computing product to give to the world.

Can you name one Indian operating system and one Indian microprocessor ?

This despite some of these companies being decades old. TCS is 52 years old !

TCS, Infosys and other such big Indian companies are IT services companies, who don't have a single computing product to give to the world.

Can you name one Indian operating system and one Indian microprocessor ?

This despite some of these companies being decades old. TCS is 52 years old !
You stick to your communism. I ignore you without putting you on ignore list.
Forget India, the entire world knows only few OSes and few processors, all of which come from ONE country.

You can dream whatever you want, I prefer to remain on the ground.
Just 1 news of Indian IT industry:

Where is India's answer to Tencent? Alibaba? Tik Tok? Baidu? India is totally dominated by foreign apps.

If India wants to increase manufacturing in India, does it creates a jealousy factor in China??
Less 'wants' more 'do'.
no wonder why india became a big joke today.
everyday is 'want' 'if' 'will', but after a while, nothing has been done.

India should at least become self-sufficient and efficient in manufacturing through various techniques like 3D Printing, Vertical Farming, researching on new electricity sources and banning of privately-owned personal transport vehicles. These are all interconnected.

You stick to your communism.

Why ?

If I have knowledge in some field I should be able to ask questions.

Forget India, the entire world knows only few OSes and few processors, all of which come from ONE country.

Not exactly one country. For example, QNX OS came from Canada, ARM processors came from Britain and Linux initially came from Finland.

But is it written by the stars in the night sky that a processor and an OS has to come from USA only ?

In India more than 200,000 computer engineers graduate from colleges every year, and this has been so for at least the last 20 years, so let's take their total number to be two million, yet they have not designed locally the two most fundamental elements of a computer : the processor and the OS. Why ? What have these two million computer engineers been doing ? Many of them are highly paid... What for ?

Now I am a middle class person with no access to the money and engineers like TCS, Infosys etc have, yet for some years I have been designing a clock-less processor and a microkernel-based OS. I am a 12th class dropout yet I am better at computer design than all those fancy-degreed people at the aforementioned companies.

Last edited:
'India can leave China behind in manufacturing if given certain facilities' Delhi CM suggests
Updated: 20 Feb 2021, 05:18 PM IST
20210203162L_1613821591088_1613821607313.jpg

Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal

Arvind Kejriwal, chief minister of Delhi, said on Saturday that India has potential to leave China behind in manufacturing, given certain facilities. He was speaking at the governing council meeting of Niti Aayog.

"If state and central government set up manufacturing hubs, give tax breaks and all necessary facilities to manufacturers especially to medium & small industries so that they can make products cheaper than China, then it'll create jobs and we can leave China behind in manufacturing," Kejriwal said.

"We didn't focus on manufacturing in last 70 years. Our country is lagging behind in manufacturing. The way Chinese products are replacing India products, it is necessary that we aggressively pursue manufacturing," Delhi chief minister added.

"We need to aggressively promote start-ups. It will create a huge number of jobs in the country," Kejriwal said.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday urged the centre and state to work closely to boost economic growth. He also made a strong statement for repealing archaic laws and making it easier to do business in India

"Centre and states should work together for the nation's progress... The government has to respect and give due representation to the private sector for economic progress," Modi said while speaking at the governing council meeting of Niti Aayog.

He said that the positive response to the Union Budget 2021-22 indicates that the country wants to move forward on the path of development at greater speed.

PM MoModi said that the initiatives taken by the government would provide opportunity to everyone to participate in nation building to its full potential.

He asked the states to form committees to reduce regulations which are no longer relevant in the wake of technology growth.

Modi further said that the private sector of the country is coming forward with more enthusiasm in this development journey of the country.

"As a government, we also have to honour this enthusiasm, the energy of the private sector, and give it as much opportunity in the AatmaNirbhar Bharat campaign," he added.

What facilities?

Lol. If kejri become pm and remains PM for 20 years then ya sure...

Chances of that hapenning? 0

No county in the world is able to replicate the spirit and the determination of the Chinese people, let alone surpass it. No government is God to manufacture such hardworking and smart population.

'India can leave China behind in manufacturing if indian manufacture output is two times of China' Delhi CM suggests

Arvind Kejriwal, chief minister of Delhi, said on Saturday that India has potential to leave China behind in manufacturing, given certain facilities. He was speaking at the governing council meeting of Niti Aayog.
I guess, Mr. CM meant mental faculties above everything.

I lost count to factory owners from around Guangdong setting up in India finding out for themselves that Indian bureaucrats manage to beat even ours :alcoholic:

Account of a former coworker in the motorcycle industry:

"Our bureaucrats are dumb, but at least want to get rich, and live well. Indian ones... best to say neither, will both take the money, and do nothing. They are paid to not to let the industry work. Some of town Rajas were piss poor, but still took extra effort to boss foreign factories around."

In other words, Indian Rao wants to be treated like a Rao, even if a piss poor one. Very bossy, will chose a chance to be bossy, over a chance being rich.

Hindustan Ambassador is a totally correct car allegory for Indian bureaucracy, and no wonder they still drive some in the more worse off parts of the country.

Last edited:
Not exactly one country. For example, QNX OS came from Canada, ARM processors came from Britain and Linux initially came from Finland.

But is it written by the stars in the night sky that a processor and an OS has to come from USA only ?

QNX is 2nd tier RTOS that has all been displaced by Linux

ARM is a British company. It does not mean all the work is done in Britain. A lot of ARM's work is done in USA and India

Just because Linus Torvald is born in Finland it does not make Linux "Finnish"

Back
Top Bottom