What's new

India clears $660 million deal for M777 artillery guns

Even USA bought these from UK for their forces.These are the best in the world of their categories,very difficult to build a 4000 kg gun of 155mm calibre,that gets such great range from its shells and has a great FCS.We have our indigenous 105mm light guns but they can't match the capability f these.And since these will equip the corps facing any chinese aggression its imperative they are armed with the best.

Even USA bought these from UK for their forces.These are the best in the world of their categories,very difficult to build a 4000 kg gun of 155mm calibre,that gets such great range from its shells and has a great FCS.We have our indigenous 105mm light guns but they can't match the capability f these.And since these will equip the corps facing any chinese aggression its imperative they are armed with the best.

Actually the division of BAE that designed and devloped this peice of arty was based in US so it is pretty much an American peice of kit but part of BAE's portfolio which is a MNC. IA is buying these from US through FMS, this peic of equipment is UK in name only.

As far as i understood....MOD has cleared the purchase, we still need clearance from finance ministry and US govt.

He is sitting in India Mr Hyper..if you suspect someone.. report it..not pass fatwas.
that way ..whether you are wrong or right..you wont get an infraction.

Unfortunately now u see he wasn't sitting in india.

Yeah but com'n, Lightweigt Howitsers arent that hard or long to build even with the R&D Time. I mean something like Fighters jets or any other Heavy metal i understand but i think the things that India can do in a short period time, They should do it.

we have lightweight field guns.but thats a old technology.M777 is latest technology and too light.so,with heavy lift helo and aircraft can easily lift them.we were building our own howitzer.though the project was stopped.but later it was restarted.

Looks to be a C-17 (although C-130J can also transport 2 M-777) a plane IAF will soon be
getting-"arming without aiming" my ***!

I read that article too. Now he must be eating his own hat. Heavy strategic transport, light weight howitzers, offensive attack choppers and the Arjun MBT. "Arming without aiming" now seems a joke.

Yeah but com'n, Lightweigt Howitsers arent that hard or long to build even with the R&D Time. I mean something like Fighters jets or any other Heavy metal i understand but i think the things that India can do in a short period time, They should do it.
Actually we are planning to build them these are just a stop gap arrangement......The plan is to upgrade the existing M46 130 mm design to this level. This will also be cost effective......
Ordnance Factory Board

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom