What's new

India could seek foreign help for light combat aircraft

JF17 cannot be sold by Pakistan.

Who will buy a fighter without a Engine which comes from Russia and

Radar & Weapons which come from China.

Only china will export the plane if they get buyers.

BUT most countries are more interested at the AWESOME looking J10..

i DON,T BLAME THEM. this baby will be available from china for $40m a peice. AND is a whole generation ahead of JF17.

Iran Syria North Korea Vietnam Burma & Bangladesh will all buy the J10 has long term replacements for their chinease supplied F7s.

There is no chance that it will be any better, a country which has never made fighter jets before, doesn't just start making 4.5 gen planes from the get go, you have to learn and research before you start doing trials, and then fix your mistakes. China has a better chance of making a 4.5 gen or 5 gen plane because they have been making jets for a long time.

Hal Marut. China has been building Soviet planes.
LCA would be of a similar gen as Mirage2000/5-9 IMHO.

why are you so lame i mean your posts?

JF17 cannot be sold by Pakistan..
says who, you?
btw you do know that both china and pakistan will have 50-50% share on every sale!?
and who will sell a plane without a engine i mean you must be simply the dumbest of the idiots! Its china who has bought RD-93 engines from russia and the figure could be up to 100 with re-export licence. depending on costomers requirment the engine could be diffrent origin such as french. and just to let you know, there will be only 50 JF-17 with RD-93 in PAF and that too will change.

like i said before, it depends on costomers requirment and they can chose non chinese systems if they wish to and again, it will be a 50-50 profit deal between china and pakistan.

oh really?
Iran Syria North Korea Vietnam Burma & Bangladesh will all buy the J10 has long term replacements for their chinease supplied F7s
you are a fool.
J-10 is not available to anyone out side china other then pakistan period. Iran recently requested J-10s from china but they refused and so did north korea but it was again turned down.

If the lca block 2 can have the elta aesa the new engine and the weapons Integration done then it's definetly 4.5 gen it's on the lower spectrum but it's still a solid 4.5 gen aircraft. It has the avioncs but the radar and engine are letting it down. I don't know what the by deal is about havng the Kaveri engine. Snemca or eads wouldn't force sanctions on the engine if war broke out and if they forgot the engine and put a more powerful one in the plane would have IOC by now

If the lca block 2 can have the elta aesa the new engine and the weapons Integration done then it's definetly 4.5 gen it's on the lower spectrum but it's still a solid 4.5 gen aircraft. It has the avioncs but the radar and engine are letting it down. I don't know what the by deal is about havng the Kaveri engine. Snemca or eads wouldn't force sanctions on the engine if war broke out and if they forgot the engine and put a more powerful one in the plane would have IOC by now

elta aesa and reworked kaveri will be letting it down ?? :what:

Thats under the assumption block 1 will ever fly. Poor thing has a stated ability of 9g (which many indians like to boast about being greater than 8.5g) but hasn't been able to go above 6g in practice.

What kaveri? fighters fly on a working engine not an engine on paper.

They went to US for some "help" but apparently US firms said the amount of work they would do will require the "100% Indian Indigenous" aircraft to be approved by US for production.

There's a good reason IAF has only ordered 20 and is going for the MRCA. LCA project was conceived in 1978, about the same time the first F-16 rolled out. Today, F-16s are being phased out from USAF and possibly get inducted in IAF while LCA is looking for an engine, a radar and above all...a customer.

You are generalising the things here..On the onside people are saying India invested almost three decades of R&D on this project ..some of them are saying the effort is not enough to produce an outright 4th generation fighter..
Reaserch is hard effort no one is denying the fact..but there are exceptions in science also..
How much time it took for US to create a nuclear weapon and end ww11..?

Well i highly doubt that the Atom Bomb was created very quickly. There was alot of research going on around that time, and it was just a strike of luck that the found about it. It was like a break through, not like they were looking for it. After the break through they started to elaborate on it. And finally produced it. It had many years of research behind it. Now if some how there is a break through during R&D for LCA, then yes there is a good chance that they will make a 4.5+ gen plane. But you can't control break throughs lol. There are alot of other countries, in far better shape than India who havn't made such a jet yet, so chances are pretty slim at that. But India has to start somewhere first the LCA 3.5 gen, and then eventually you can advance.

What kaveri? fighters fly on a working engine not an engine on paper.

WTF are you dumb or just wishfully ignorant please stop posting BS :crazy:

kaveri has been manufactured but is not suitable to power LCA as per user (IAF) requirements

please don't get carried away:argh:

:cheers:

Still posting lies and rumours iceman?
JF-17 is being sold by a joint China-Pakistan organisation and Pakistan recieves 50% of the profits - confirmed.
JF-17 has TWO engines, Russia has allowed re-export to several countries in 2007 - confirmed in many news articles. Chinese engine was in final testing stage 1-2 years ago, confirmed by Chinese sources. According to Pakistan Air Force test pilots, JF's Chinese radar and weapons are very good so people will buy the fighter with Chinese radar/weapons whether you LCA fanboys like it or not.
BUT most countries are more interested ... at J10..
this baby will be available from china for $40m a peice.
Iran Syria North Korea Vietnam Burma & Bangladesh will all buy the J10 has long term replacements for their chinease supplied F7s.
Prove J-10 costs 40 million and China will sell J-10 to all those other countries, or stop posting lies.

Last edited:
WTF are you dumb or just wishfully ignorant please stop posting BS :crazy:

kaveri has been manufactured but is not suitable to power LCA as per user (IAF) requirements

please don't get carried away:argh:

:cheers:

No...you are the dumb one. An engine that does not satisfy the requirements goes back to the drawing board or goes to power something else. Thats common sense which unfortunately is not that common.

Tell me what good is kaveri for LCA until it matches the IAF requirement?

BUT most countries are more interested at the AWESOME looking J10..

i DON,T BLAME THEM. this baby will be available from china for $40m a peice. AND is a whole generation ahead of JF17.

What a load of crap! :sick:

You realy must hate or envy the progress being made on the Thunder to come up with such bs!

Don't take your LCA frustration out on JF-17. :smokin:

what are you guys talking about? ADA has been asking for and getting help from everywhere for a while now, it's nothing new. whether it's computer-aided design, systems integration, engines, even the entire delta-wing design, almost everything is coming from abroad. it's time india corrects the Hal Tejas acronym for J-LCA or Joint-Light Combat Aircraft. trust me when I say this, if Pakistan had as much foreign help from the west as india, we would have made it to the moon by now.

what are you guys talking about? ADA has been asking for and getting help from everywhere for a while now, it's nothing new. whether it's computer-aided design, systems integration, engines, even the entire delta-wing design, almost everything is coming from abroad. it's time india corrects the Hal Tejas acronym for J-LCA or Joint-Light Combat Aircraft. trust me when I say this, if Pakistan had as much foreign help from the west as india, we would have made it to the moon by now.

extreme height of expectations i must say .:what:

My anger & frustration stems from the fact that India asked for foreign assistance NOW and not earlier. If the assistance was requested at the design or modelling phase, it would not have been objectionable since such kind of cooperation exists in every aircraft programme and there is nothing to be ashamed of it.

But asking for help AFTER the jet is flying and has not performed according to the user's expectation is a clear sign of FAILURE. Begging for help now just shows that GOI/MOD/ADA/DRDO's strategy of "indegenisation" in this programme was a FAILURE. It's sad that most of my countrymen still don't like to accept the truth.

SO, what will finally happen to the LCA?! My guess it that the LCA Mk-1 will
1) end up as "item numbers" doing acrobatics in flypasts & flying displays and will just remain a technology demonstrator project from which the successful bits & pieces will be carried forward into the MCA project (worst-case scenario).
2)It will be inducted into the IAF as lead-in trainers for preparing pilots/squadrons for operating the LCA Mk-2/3.... IF these become available (best-case scenario).

I pass the HAL/ADA complex every afternoon on my way to work. By the look on the faces of those fuckers walking aimlessly to their lunch and back, I don't think they care a **** about this programme. I guess that's the beauty of being in the 'world's largest democracy' - you can do whatever you please without having some military dictator or committee member sticking a gun in your back and forcing you to work!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom