What's new

India hands over soldier who crossed border

Indian army wet their dhotis after Chinese ultimatum forces them to hand over PLA soldier.

Once it is established that some one is PW / caught then everyone is bound by Geneva convention and the apprehended guy get many rights. In this scenario it is important to weigh pro and cons for holding him. If he is cooperative and divulges information and some of it is crosschecked then holding him for long is useless. In this case a foot soldier could hardly have much of information except that they are living comfortably with good food and gear.

Indian army wet their dhotis after Chinese ultimatum forces them to hand over PLA soldier.
Tbh, was expecting that, considering the same was being said by some Indian members when Abhinandan was returned.

Incidences such as these are and should be seen as acts of magnanimity from the host forces. Despite the tensions between us, one can find multiple such instances between our three nations. To cast a slight on one implies on all.

Tbh, was expecting that, considering the same was being said by some Indian members when Abhinandan was returned.

Incidences such as these are and should be seen as acts of magnanimity from the host forces. Despite the tensions between us, one can find multiple such instances between our three nations. To cast a slight on one implies on all.

I admire serious discussion, rather than trolling and humiliating each other

Standard operating procedures were followed in accordance with the Geneva conventions and the soldier was handed back to his country/military.
wasnt followed by india in case of Sepoy Maqbool Hussain..

last night i read india will keep him so many days . today morning i awake he was returened to china . i was sleeping so many days ?
You have slept for 5 years. It is the year 2025 and India has won the war. The super pooper power is now returning the Chinese POW.

what probably? give an example instead of indian soldier who went through the same what happened wth Sepoy mazbool more or less.i
Don't know of that case in particular but there's probably a lot of people from both sides who are languishing in jails across the fence, some of whom are ceremonially released and exchanged like the fisherfolk, but a lot are probably screwed for life with no hope.

No hard facts, but it's probably true.. don't you think ?

India - Pakistan hai, not exactly the US - Canada border :laugh:

Don't know of that case in particular but there's probably a lot of people from both sides who are languishing in jails across the fence, some of whom are ceremonially released and exchanged like the fisherfolk, but a lot are probably screwed for life with no hope.

No hard facts, but it's probably true.. don't you think ?

India - Pakistan hai, not exactly the US - Canada border :laugh:
i thought we were talking about soldiers..people that come under Geneva conventions esp. during wartime.

i thought we were talking about soldiers..people that come under Geneva conventions esp. during wartime.
Was just talking generally, not a history buff, can't cite specifics.

About captured soldiers, both sides have been quite proper in the conduct at times. Post 1971, and earlier in 65 from the Pakistani side are well documented.

itni juldi ? :O when Abhinandan was released, Indians were claiming that Pak did it because of Modi threat lol.

The way they were bragging a few days ago, it looked like they were going to ask half of China in return :D

Back
Top Bottom