What's new

India has 10 Satellite Monitoring Borders

utterly naive remark.The satellites are there to notice any large scale movement and the mobilizations.It can surely not monitor anything and everything that floats on the sea.
However,Kasab and is accomplices overpowered an Indian boat to enter Indian territories.

What i conclude from ur statment is that fine we have satellites but it could not detect anything whose size is equal to or less then a boat. Well then good luck for the future.

Can somebody give him the Wiki link of "satellite" , so that he can learn what it is.

god damm why dont you understand kasab sea jacked an indian boat... if he would have come by a pakistani boat ,we would have loacated the boat ...:hitwall:

A boat is a boat and satellites cannot sense differences between a Pakistani boat and an Indian boat unless its of millitary nature with appropiate feedback sensors. If a boat origniated from Pakistan and ended up in India, it must put security men on enough vigiliance. Where was the coast guards and indentity verifications. Further not only he was able to smuggle himself and his men but also their arms.

Goes to show that:

1. either indian security is as incompetent as it looks to be
2. ajmal kassab was an inside job
3. he was one of those indian dissidents turned down by Pakistan and gone awary. Strongest suspiction due to him bearing Pak identity documents without having a homebase.

Pakistan may soon needs its very on spy bird to keep an eye on our northern border, baluchistan and brotherly Indians

No we don't have. Weather satellites don't really count as satellites. We nearly lost our only reserved spot and rely on an Indonesian satellite that suffered numerous problems and was abandoned. It was relocated to our reserved orbital location and caters to our communication needs now.

PAKSAT-IR, the one in development is utterly an archaic design. I have studied it and I've got numerous friends still working on the project. SUPARCO is one big sinkhole of an organization.

Patriotism need not make one claim what is not true. India is way, way, way ahead of us in the space department. They've got numerous EOS and Cartosat-II just added another one to their list. And we do have a spaceport(s). Both Tilla and Sonmiani have been upgraded recently.

Surprising that Pakistan does not have a space program considering that Pakistan has an active missile program. The line between launching warheads and satellites is very thin.

Of course Satellites have to be made to be launched but that is usually the easier part.

India has 10 remote sensing satellites but all of them are not capable of monitoring border or spying.

India does have many next generation imaging/monitoring/spying satellite programmes. They will take three/four years.

Surprising that Pakistan does not have a space program considering that Pakistan has an active missile program. The line between launching warheads and satellites is very thin.

Of course Satellites have to be made to be launched but that is usually the easier part.

Do you think that missle program is of pakistan? i hope everyone know who am i refering.

Don't worry, China will shoot them all down.
chilli.gif

Its not that much easy. Destroying own satellite and destroying other's satellite are different things.

1) Now ISRO and DRDO working on security of space based assets. That includes satellites for monitoring space and ASAT weapons. If it recognize any threat to any Indian satellite, the satellite will be relocated in a new orbit or change its position to evade the incoming ASAT. It will carry EW systems to jam ASAT. ISRO strategic project department overseeing the project.

2) Its very difficult to identify which country's satellite it is. Whether its Indian or American or Israeli or Russian!!! You need very advanced real time satellite monitoring capabilities. I guess NORAD has such capability.

pakistan is 10 years behind with India in every sector and I accept the reality...
But we will definitely closen the gap in the nearest future.
INSHA Allah..

There have been recent developments but the focus (and obsession) has always been solely with defending the country against any aggression and conducting an offensive strike. For that, the best of SUPARCO lot have been stolen always for the missile program leaving the poor ones behind to look after satellite development and the SLV program has been a victim of the obsession with missile development. I won't say it's a thin line but we could have and can have an SLV if we put an emphasis on it within a couple of years. However what would we launch on it? A single communications satellite is in development and it's a seriously archaic one.

However, the space program was one of our initial national scientific successes with numerous regional breakthroughs and the entire organization was successful in developing local capabilities. Since the late '80s it has become a victim of the sole focus on missiles, more advanced warheads and the military machine has at least for now stolen the dream of a SLV.

I seriously hope we launch a number of comm and EO satellites, but let us feed and teach the poor first. This can be halted for sometime.

Back
Top Bottom