What's new

India invites Sialkot Stallions for Champions League

Champions League will have INTERNATIONAL STANDARD bowlers which will knock Malik over in 10 seconds
he has plenty of experience at international level as well and the pressure of high profile domestic tournament is always lower than high profile international tournament. Remember him playing the final of T-20 world cup in England that Pakistan? his calmness was one of the reason of our success in the tounament although there is no denial of greater credit going to Afridi, Akmal and Younis Khan

and Pakistan has always produced few of the world's best bowlers so he has plenty of experience playing against top notch bowlers

he has plenty of experience at international level as well and the pressure of high profile domestic tournament is always lower than high profile international tournament. Remember him playing the final of T-20 world cup in England that Pakistan? his calmness was one of the reason of our success
See his horror tour to Australia

Champions League: ‘We’re going straight for the trophy’

KARACHI:
Just when it seemed that relations between the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and its neighbouring officials stood at its record lowest, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) sprang up a major surprise by confirming a slot for a team from Pakistan in the Champions League (CL).
The CL is jointly hosted by the BCCI, Cricket South Africa, Cricket Australia and the England and Wales Cricket Board. The BCCI relayed to the PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf that it had no problems in a team from Pakistan taking part – a notion they will propose to the governing council. If approved, it will be the first time a team from Pakistan, believed to be reigning champions Sialkot Stallions, will be the part of this high-profile event.
While Ashraf called the move a major breakthrough, Stallions’ star all-rounder Rana Naved vowed to give it his all if the team managed to be part of the event.
“Our aim is to lift the trophy in our first try because we’re hungry for success and have been kept away from this for the last four years,” Naved told The Express Tribune. “Stallions have top T20 players like Imran Nazir, Shoaib Malik, Abdur Rehman, Raza Hasan, Haris Sohail, Shakeel Ansar and myself which makes us a formidable unit and we can’t be taken lightly.”
He added that, together with Malik’s leadership, the Stallions’ combination was the best among the participants.
“Malik an outstanding captain who respects the juniors and carries the seniors with him.
“He also invites opinion and advice from everyone. I’ve never seen a team fight for victory the way we do and that’s down to Malik’s leadership.”
Earlier, the PCB chief confirmed that BCCI chief N Srinivasan’s nod was an occasion to rejoice.
“It’s great news for us, the players and the fans that they’ll be able to see Stallions in the Champions League,” he said. “The board’s efforts have paid off and hopefully the Stallions will make their presence felt in the event.
“Srinivasan called me to give the good news and we also spoke about the restoration of a bilateral series. We might see Pakistan and India in action next year.”
Ashraf added that the central contracts, with a pay-rise, and awards for winning the Asia Cup will be announced on May 26.
Bhatti looks ahead to ‘life-changing decision
Meanwhile, Stallions’ pacer Bilawal Bhatti said that the tournament could change the players’ lives forever.
“There are many players who are from poor backgrounds so the CL brings a lot for us,” he said. “The money involved is something we can’t even think of earning our whole lives by playing domestic cricket. A good show can also invite offers from different leagues as well as the national side.”
Rana Naved
“Our aim is to lift the trophy in our first try because we’re hungry for success and have been kept away from this for the last four years. Stallions have top T20 players which makes us a formidable unit, one that can’t be taken lightly.”
Zaka Ashraf
“It’s great news for us, the players and the fans that they’ll be able to see Stallions in the Champions League. The board’s efforts have paid off and hopefully the Stallions will make their presence felt in the event.”
Published in The Express Tribune, May 13th, 2012.

True I rather them have them concentrate on making a successful PPL then playing in this league.

After the way the indian cricket board has acted, why would you even want to involve your self in one of their leagues?!

IPL or no IPL. CL or no CL. PCB should hold a PPL this year. Pakistan Cricket needs it's own league. Hell even BD has a league(even though they don't pay the money they promise to the players.). Srilanka is also going to organize a league this year.

I have no issues Sialkot Stallions participating in CLT20. Hopefully BCCI won't troll PCB this time and things would go smooth as expected. But this shouldn't effect PPL in any way. PCB should organize it's own since this is what Pakistan Cricket needs today.

BCCI and PCB used to be friends but then pakistan got terrorists to spoil even the game.

You missed those who got selected for upcoming Srilanka Tour.
Shakeel Ansar (Promising Wicket Keeper)
Haris Rasool (Great Left Hand Batsman)
Raza Hasan (Super Left Arm Spin Bowler)

Raza Hassan is the best among these guys. He is a real deal. Might be next saeed ajmal of Pakistan or even better.

BCCI and PCB used to be friends but then pakistan got terrorists to spoil even the game.

You are trying hard to troll on this thread. :lol:

You are trying hard to troll on this thread. :lol:

If 26/11 and attack on Sri lankan team are not the reasons for killing international cricket in pakistan, then offcourse I am trolling :lol:

If 26/11 and attack on Sri lankan team are not the reasons for killing international cricket in pakistan, then offcourse I am trolling :lol:

PCB or Pakistan Cricket team didn't send or supported Kasab or attackers of Srilankan team.

But anyways since this isn't the thread for this discussion so I will leave it here. And you should too.

well this is without a doubt a great development as it will increase our ties with indian cricket well no prob lets see how shoib will do it part of me wants the team to win but part of me wants shoib malik to lose hope we win and he gets out at 0:devil::devil:

Imran Nazir

i am going to look forward to this guy and raza hassan and shakeel ansar

I think its a very positive development in the cricketing world. Cricket is the only thing which bring the two nations closer. I believe people from both countries would love to watch Sialkot Stallions vs any team in ICL. Its a great opportunity for both countries to further strengthen the "people to people" relations. At least i am very optimistic about this development.

See his horror tour to Australia

hello,

stallions depends on his captaincy more than anything else

he is a good domestic type captain

i think standard wise, all the clubs dont get much of an international exposure, they play their domestic leagues, if you are talking about international players then sialkot has many experienced intl players

either our domestic standard is very low that sialkot has picked 6 trophies, or either it is too good for others, either one shall be proved in the upcoming torney

seeing the IPL standard i would think sialkot as worthy competitor than say NZ, WI, ENG, IPL etc

i would rate SA T20 and AUS higher though, but as i said all will be proved in CL

Back
Top Bottom