What's new

India: Juvenile gets 3 years in reform home

Pakchina

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The younger brother of December 16 Delhi gangrape victim on Saturday allegedly tried to attack the juvenile who he was awarded three-year sentence for the rape and murder of his sister by Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) in New Delhi.

"When the judgement was being delivered by the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB), presided over by Principal Magistrate Geetanjali Goel, the victim's younger brother tried to attack the minor," the sources at the Board said.

Your take on punishing the juvenile rapist in the Delhi gangrape case | Five chilling similarities between Delhi and Mumbai gangrape cases | Timeline of Delhi gangrape case

They said victim's brother, who was waiting for the Board's decision since morning, suddenly moved towards the juvenile and tried to slap him, after the order was pronounced.

However, the boy was brought under control by those present inside the court room, including the prosecution, defence counsel and the 23-year-old victim's father and mother.

From the mag: Young and Dangerous | India's Most Hated

The victim's brother had accompanied the parents to hear the verdict of the Board.

After coming out of the JJB, he broke down and expressed disagreement with the quantum of the sentence awarded to the juvenile accused.

"The accused has been sentenced to three years, which is very less for him in comparison to the crime he committed. He should be hanged here only," he said in tears.

Without waiting further, he forced his way along with his parents by pushing the iron gate where policemen were posted.

The parents were also upset over the verdict and broke down and rushed outside the court room, saying "they lost the battle" and "there was no need for these proceedings".

"I was already dead on December 29, when I lost my daughter. However, I gathered courage to attend the proceedings at the Board thinking the minor will also be hanged", he said.

He further said "the Board should have senetenced the juvenile keeping in mind his crime and not thinking of his age at the time of offence."

The mother said the verdict is not acceptable to them.

"There was no need for these proceedings. We have been fooled. I don't accept the judgement. What was the need for keeping us waiting for the whole day"? she said.

On the night of December 16, last year, the 23-year-old victim, a paramedic student, was gangraped and brutally assaulted by six persons in a moving bus. The victim later succumbed to her injuries in a Singapore hospital on December 29, 2012.

The four adult accused are being tried by a fast-track court in Saket in New Delhi. Another accused Ram Singh was found dead on March 11 in his cell in Tihar Jail and the trial against him has been abated.

Delhi gang-rape: Juvenile gets 3 years in reform home, victim's brother tries to attack the minor accused : India, News - India Today

Meanwhile, Bapu Asaram is roaming around free and his supporters are thrashing journalists. :rofl:

that was not rape that was paid sex

2jettw5.png

Meanwhile, Bapu Asaram is roaming around free and his supporters are thrashing journalists. :rofl:

I hate Congress Government of Rajsthan for it who let him escape , that monster dressed as baba needs to be hunted down just like rapists of Mumbai photo journalists.

seriously disappointing.
i thought courts were doing great job but i am really disappointed in supreme court and juvenile court.

Is there any case before where juvenile is sentenced more than three years ?

I hate Congress Government of Rajsthan for it who let him escape , that monster dressed as baba needs to be hunted down just like rapists of Mumbai photo journalists.

yar dnt knw y i feel that asaram cnt do such act dnt knw yar.....im not a fan of him i just hate babas but dnt knw y i stil cnt believe he did so ::what:

yar dnt knw y i feel that asaram cnt do such act dnt knw yar.....im not a fan of him i just hate babas but dnt knw y i stil cnt believe he did so ::what:

He has broken many laws in the past. Why do you put such acts past a powerful old man? Its happened throughout history. Did you forget his retarded comments on Delhi rape case?

You do realize that a person declares himself a divine baba automatically makes him a crook?

ONLY one kind of person I'd give a benefit of spirituality - one who does not accumulate ANY wealth, let alone the thousands of crores these people do. I'll always use that litmus test. A spiritual holy man does not that kind of wealth, a charlatan does.

These all godmans are just good at making fool of common men, how can you let your instincts decide on such a grave issue, someone's life has been spoiled , you know our society.

Let him prove himself innocent in courtroom, why is trying to evade law, if he proclaim himself to be innocent ??

seriously disappointing.
i thought courts were doing great job but i am really disappointed in supreme court and juvenile court.

No one said that for the other 1000 judgements when the same yardstick was applied. In any case, what do you think will happen? He'll serve 3 years and then they'll let him off. Then after 3 months they'll pick him up again on some trumped up charges and put him behind bars. Or likely they'll even make him 'disappear' altogether one day, making him leave behind some letter like 'I feel too ashamed' etc. This kind of decriminalizing is very common around our country. His goose is cooked, no matter which way you look at it. Trust me.

'Rape Charges against Asaram are a Congress Conspiracy'- a BJP leader

Last edited by a moderator:

the above post is for you

seriously disappointing.

As per law, Judge could have allowed him to just walk free but it was public pressure which forced them to grant him highest sentence a juvenile could get, one more thing his this crime won't be recorded that means after 3 years he would have clean record.

It's high time India reduces juvenile age to 16 as per UN since in India 66% of juvenile crimes are commited by 16-18 age group adolescents.

the above post is for you

That BJP leader is bastard.It's his personal views not the BJP's official stand while Gheylot is the CM of Rajsthan.

Back
Top Bottom