What's new

India misses out on world uni rankings

Just bursting your bubble from http://www.topuniversities.com/univ...subject-rankings/engineering/computer-science

Computer Science

Rank Title Country Academic Employer Citations Score

43= Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD) India 29.7 55.5 30.4 37.7
43= Tsinghua University China 55.4 34.9 16.9 37.7
45 Peking University China 46.3 45.4 18.1 37.6
50 Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) India 34.5 60.6 16.5 36.9

Civil & Structural Engineering Rankings 2011

17 Tsinghua University China 61.5 37.0 30.7 48.0
30 Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) India 33.4 56.7 47.0 43.1
34= Peking University China 42.9 45.4 30.1 41.1
38 Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK) India 29.4 40.1 65.0 39.7

I can go on making these charts, which only suggests that research in Indian univs have been cited more than form chinese univs.

Thanks for pointing out my misspelling. I don't have my checker enabled in Chrome. To avoid further misunderstanding due to such totally harmless/not important/negligible language issues, I hereby agree to post in two United Nation working languages which have a total native speaker of probably 2.5 billion. Now let's start:

----- In English -----

Your reply is a "straw-man" because you tried to use White-East Asian distribution in the ongoing East Asia - South Asia IQ comparison. If this is not straw man, tell me what is?

------ 中文 -------

你的回复是偷梁换柱,因为你妄图在东亚-南亚智商分布的讨论中混淆的引入北高加索人-东亚人智商分布比较作为你的论据。如果这不是偷梁换柱,什么才是?

I am not proving the point that Indians are more intelligent than Chinese but the distribution of IQ for Chinese is a little bit skewed, 90% of chinese have intelligence ranging from 95-110, they have very less very intelligent individuals.

Dude IEEE, ACM are organizations that publishes Journals and conduct conferences not journals themselves. There are many Journals/conferences good, bad and ugly comes under these organizations. No body is saying that India is at some advanced states in research, but your assumption that there is no research in IIT's is purely wrong. Students from IIT's are publishing in very good conferences and journals these days and its only time for us to reach the quality that is akin to those of US/European papers.

For your kind information not only IEEE,ACM but Nature ,EMBO ,PLOS,CELL ALL conducting conferences ,WORKSHOPS,meetings ,annual magazine ,review articles ,scholarships,brief communications . I never said no research in IIT , What I trying say is IIT is top teaching institutes nobody compete with them but research wise they are at budding state . But TIFR ,IISc are research institutes and dng gud they having published in reputated journals even in CELL ,Science etc .

dude, I can honestly tell you your source of information is just a piece of XXXX.

In China, Tongji has the best Civil engineering department in the country, this is undisputed, it is followed by The South-East University in Jiangsu. Again, this is undisputed.

Now your lovely source is saying Tsinghua ranked No.1 in civil engineering. :lol:

Now you are calling this source **** on which this whole discussion has been based on. God bless you and god bless chinese. I am out of it.

I am not proving the point that Indians are more intelligent than Chinese but the distribution of IQ for Chinese is a little bit skewed, 90% of chinese have intelligence ranging from 95-110, they have very less very intelligent individuals.

assuming a similar distribution for india, for which you are more than welcomed to present evidence to show that I might be wrong. 90% indians will have an IQ of 75-85. Remember, the national average is 80.

assuming a similar distribution for india, for which you are more than welcomed to present evidence to show that I might be wrong. 90% indians will have an IQ of 75-85. Remember, the national average is 80.

I am not assuming, i am citing the facts unless you find similar stats for India don't BS or atleast try to be agnostic about India.

I am not assuming, i am citing the facts unless you find similar stats for India don't BS or atleast try to be agnostic about India.

india has an average IQ of 80. in China below 80 IQ is considered as disabled/brain injured.

Period.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Pakistanis are funny, they dont believe in failed state list produced by US and believe in their top uni list lol

anyways, IITs, IIMs, AIIMs, ISB and even BITS Pilani are just as good as top 100 if we compare placement, facility, quality etc..we only lack in no. of researchers..if we manage to achieve more Phd students we will easily make to top 50 and excluding the research parts our univ are not less than any top universities

dude, your universities couldn't even get power supply without buying foreign made power generator.

face the reality, talk less.

india has an average IQ of 80. in China below 80 IQ is considered as disabled/brain injured.

Period.

are you dumb?? souce to prove chinese below 80 IQ is considered disabled,
recently south african rejected import of chinese condoms for women because they think its too small..but should we generalize that all chinese womeen's ****** is of same size as their ****??

Chinese condoms 'too small' for South Africans - World - DNA

dont be such a dumb

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Period.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

dude, your universities couldn't even get power supply without buying foreign made power generator.

so jealous of Indian uni?? better take back all Chinese students jumping to our university !!

paksiatni's failed state list is unacceptable to pakistani and its a truth face the reality

are you dumb?? souce to prove chinese below 80 IQ is considered disabled,
recently south african rejected import of chinese condoms for women because they think its too small..but should we generalize that all chinese womeen's ****** is of same size as their ****??

Chinese condoms 'too small' for South Africans - World - DNA

dont be such a dumb

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

so jealous of Indian uni?? better take back all Chinese students jumping to our university !!

paksiatni's failed state list is unacceptable to pakistani and its a truth face the reality

LEAVE THE GODDAMN TROLL ALONE.

[/COLOR]

Period.

VINOD DHAM He is popularly known as the Father of the Pentium chip. for his contribution to the development of highly successful Pentium Processors from Intel
AJAY BHATT CO creator of USB
VINOD KHOSLA founder of sun microsystem
even HOT MAIL was founded by indian

see these r too disable people according to your standards

Nice to see my alma mater, the University Of Wisconsin-Madison, ranked 41. A lot of subjectivity in any of these rankings and department considerations always go much further. So too does the effort made by each undergraduate student to avail themselves of all available resources.

Back
Top Bottom