What's new

India must respect Vienna convention on Italy envoy's immunity says EU

Whats the progress in the case?

they said there are more than 100 Indians in Italy jails

if India do not release the ambassador. Indian gov would be no different than that of
ayatollah Khomani in 1979 when they hold American hostages for 444 days.

if India do not release the ambassador. Indian gov would be no different than that of

Release from where ? He is not arrested yet.

This is getting more and more interesting.....

The EU seems to press forward for a compromise while the US said that they will stay out of this since this is a matter between India and Italy.

The Ambassador did not even kill the fishermen. Diplomatic immunity means you cannot get arrested, not even for murder. But you have to leave the country immediately. In this case the Ambassador is not responsible for killings, so why is he being held?

India is just try to create an issue out of nothing. Showing how they care for the fisherman's lives. While everyday people die in other parts or get raped in the Capital. Nice priorities.
Is it so hard to comprehend? He lied to court and helped the accused escape.. he is bound to face legal action. May be expelled or might be symbolically jailed .The court decides that. If you still cannot comprehend.. well no point talking.About priorities.... people are dying....so you just let Italians get away with killing indians? .. As as member said earlier "we can multitask".Life of all indians is to be valued.. we dont choose. But then you do take your advice seriously right? ya you did let davis off and ignored getting droned ..and concentrate on better law enforcement... oh wait!. well .. ya lets just say that. WE have our prorities right! get yours corrected! @ faithful guy. Supremecourt doesnt give a **** about what you think. The courts decide the actions. The country stands by it. Lets see how far you go defending liers and killers. Fortunately your govt is sane enough not to get its hands dirty.

LOL do you actually picture him handcuffed blind folded and a gun to his head, and jailed in darkest depts of the country? enlightend yourself. He is in house arrest? ya! a house as big and the lands of India. I doubt he would feel suffocated in such a vast house!He is not arrested! He is not to leave the country until the court decides what to do with him.That is all.

You are blind in ur hatred.

Open ur eyes, you will find the culprits.

You aren't aware of politics works I guess...people who aren't cunning and concieted dont rule...specially the congis.

Have you checked the adress allready to reassure this panicked fellow?
No,it won't mean war,because the EU won't ever go to war over this,economic war ...Yes.Will this affect the EU,ofcourse but it will affect India more and your goverment knows it.I see that many of you seem to think that some of the european nations will prefere you over Italy,well,i hate to burst your bublle but the EU would have taken this stance even if it was the latvian ambassador,EU membership it's something that the other states don't take very lightly,an assault against one is an assault on the union,not to mention that it can cause a precedent.Personally,i'm not the biggest fan of Italy and i do think that in this special case they were a bunch of liars but the bottom point is that they fooled you and there is noone you can do about it without tarnishing your reputation,economy and your nations well beeing in general....But,rest assured,your goverment will do the right thing,they just like to pose as a great superpower,it gives happyness to the civilians while taking lunch.

This kind of threads sometime make me believe that evolution has bypassed a significant chunk of humanity,especially India.

The comprehension power of some people is so low that they could not understand even after being repeatedly told with proofs that " Even if a diplomat plants a H-Bomb in a city and vaporizes it" let alone give false affidavit in court,he could not be legally tried in that country according to article 29 of Vienna convention which India has ratified and Included in its constitution as article 253.

What some judge and lawyers with over inflated ego in SC thinks does not matter.What they are doing is illegal under international laws and unconstitutional under Indian laws.

Back
Top Bottom