What's new

India must respect Vienna convention on Italy envoy's immunity says EU

Exactly! And before people start to think that this is just arrogance from the West towards India they must know that this system works both ways,if an indian ambassador did that in Italy,France he would have walked free also.It's international law regarding diplomatic imunity,it has nothing to do with power or arogance.The italians pulled a dirty trick hiding behind the law.

I really have to admire India for having so much guts that they can arrest Italian marines and keep them hostage. I have to wonder how an aggressive foreign policy gives people confidence. India has a strong foreign policy... Pakistan-here we have forgotten not only foreign policy but don't even have a concrete policy in order to deal with the terrorists.

I used to look at our flag, the crescent and star shining like the sun of foundation and would always find pride pounding out of my heart. Now whenever I look at it I still feel pride but it is accompanied by a melancholy, a sadness which stems from the fact that my nation is not independent. They will even sell me to the devil if the devil is willing to pay them. Pakistan must have an independent strong foreign policy.

Economic growth and a strong foreign policy go hand in hand. If no one believes me compare it with the increasing assertiveness of India and China and you will see that increasing economic power also translates into rising assertiveness. It has been covered in the book the clash of civilizations.

The great Italian nation had to resort to lies and trickery to get those @ssholes out :lol:
and, the EU are defending these ****** - no surprises there, cheating and fooling is in built.

Exactly! And before people start to think that this is just arrogance from the West towards India they must know that this system works both ways,if an indian ambassador did that in Italy,France he would have walked free also.It's international law regarding diplomatic imunity,it has nothing to do with power or arogance.The italians pulled a dirty trick hiding behind the law.

At first this outrage over Italian government's resort to cheating was justified and excusable as most people have little knowledge of International laws but after being told 100's of time in 18 pages in this thread and wide reporting by media in India,i see same people coming up again and again with "but he give an undertaking" excuse.I have simply started doubting both psychometric and emotional intelligence of these people.

It would be a pleasure to see what Indian government would do if Italy orders it's diplomat back and the reaction of "No diplomatic immunity" posters if Pakistan arrests Indian Ambassador for espionage.

It is expected that Indian Ambassadors don't lie to the EU court and Vice Versa. Diplomatic immunity is enshrined on the principle of fair play and trust. You cannot have a situation where you deliberately plan a fraud basis this and not expect a blowback on the relationship.

It is expected that Indian Ambassadors don't lie to the EU court and Vice Versa. Diplomatic immunity is enshrined on the principle of fair play and trust. You cannot have a situation where you deliberately plan a fraud basis this and not expect a blowback on the relationship.

A politician lied?That's a shocker:eek:
A blow back will exist,it can take the form of expelling the italian ambassador,severing economic and political ties with Italy,filing a complaint against the italians in International Courts but you can't arrest him.You just can't do that without risking becoming the new Iran or N. Koreea of the world.

Indians are overstepping their bounds when they try to ask Italians for their Marines.

How do Italians compare to Indians?

The answer can be seen in India's political system.

They only sent one Italian woman, and now she rules over one billion Indians, which means one Italian woman equals one billion Indians.

We don't even want to imagine what would happen if they were to send two more Italians.

We would have two gods, there - Giovanni Bhagvan and Shri Antonio Chander Ji :omghaha:

Anywhoo, facilitating the murders of South Indians, in general and Tamils, in particular, is not an issue for the Indian theocracy, who believes there should be no development in the Sethusamudram and no bridge should be built to connect the Tamil nation because according to the Ramayana myth, Hanuman and the monkeys (euphemism for Tamils) crossed that into Lanka to bring back Sita (thus, the celebrations of Divali that the Dravidians don't indulge in, and rightly so).

This religious bigotry is why the Indians would never bother about the deaths of a million Tamils (as they just blame it on the "Church" out of bigotry) - where do you think that puts two poor and poverty-stricken Kerala fishermen on this list? Pretty low, right? No. They aren't even on the list.

India does not care about this and is only posturing to score points and seem tough compared to the Hindutva extremist bigots who believe toughness is defined by slaughtering innocent and unarmed young boys, women and children.

BTW, Prabhakaran, the Indian tout, who they conveniently abandoned along with Tamils from TN and Sri Lanka, was also from Kerala. If they didn't care about him, where does that place these fishermen on the list (we just went over this, didn't we?)

A politician lied?That's a shocker:eek:
A blow back will exist,it can take the form of expelling the italian ambassador,severing economic and political ties with Italy,filing a complaint against the italians in International Courts but you can't arrest him.You just can't do that without risking becoming the new Iran or N. Koreea of the world.

We didn't arrest him. We have only stopped him from leaving the country until he explains. As far as legal grounds are concerned, the Supreme Court of India rarely takes an action without being on good footing on these issues. It is the supreme court that has barred, not GOI- and it has a legal consideration in doing so.

Indians are overstepping their bounds when they try to ask Italians for their Marines.

They only sent one Italian woman, and now she rules over one billion Indians, which means one Italian woman equals one billion Indians.

We don't even want to imagine what would happen if they were to send two more Italians.

We would have two gods, there - Giovanni Bhagvan and Shri Antonio Chander Ji :omghaha:

Anywhoo, facilitating the murders of South Indians, in general and Tamils, in particular, is not an issue for the Indian theocracy, who believes there should be no development in the Sethusamudram and no bridge should be built to connect the Tamil nation because according to the Ramayana myth, Hanuman and the monkeys (euphemism for Tamils) crossed that into Lanka to bring back Sita (thus, the celebrations of Divali that the Dravidians don't indulge in, and rightly so).

This religious bigotry is why the Indians would never bother about the deaths of a million Tamils (as they just blame it on the "Church" out of bigotry) - where do you think that puts two poor and poverty-stricken Kerala fishermen on this list? Pretty low, right? No. They aren't even on the list.

India does not care about this and is only posturing to score points and seem tough compared to the Hindutva extremist bigots who believe toughness is defined by slaughtering innocent and unarmed young boys, women and children.

BTW, Prabhakaran, the Indian tout, who they conveniently abandoned along with Tamils from TN and Sri Lanka, was also from Kerala. If they didn't care about him, where does that place these fishermen on the list (we just went over this, didn't we?)

How do you manage to get facts 100% wrong,

Even the guys who get it right err soemtimes by some margin but your post reminds me of what i read at the back of AIM Maachis in India,

The only difference between Genius & Stupidity is that Genius is limited.

Touche,my friend.

At first this outrage over Italian government's resort to cheating was justified and excusable as most people have little knowledge of International laws but after being told 100's of time in 18 pages in this thread and wide reporting by media in India,i see same people coming up again and again with "but he give an undertaking" excuse.I have simply started doubting both psychometric and emotional intelligence of these people.

It would be a pleasure to see what Indian government would do if Italy orders it's diplomat back and the reaction of "No diplomatic immunity" posters if Pakistan arrests Indian Ambassador for espionage.
Espionage is a charge .. this is a written undertaking.Apples and Oranges. A gaurantee means that if the respective promise is not fulfilled the gauranteer shall be held accountable! The gov of Italy knew that .. the ambasador knew that! Well it is a cheap dirty trick they pulled off! One can argue ...you play dirty we play dirty!.But I would Take a stand that we let the ambassador go and degrade our realtions with Italy,to the lowest lvls.There have to be consiquences.Let it be economical.We trusted them they fooled us.Now on their word is worth nothing.Lets not give the Italians to point fingers at us. @Flamer .
Every country has self respect.Nothing wrong in having that. But there is somthing very wrong when you have Italians Giving a grand welcome to marines ,who have been charged of murder,eventhogh it maybe by mistake.I am talking about defence minister PM all right there welcome a national hero.A hero who killed 2 innocent men!It leaves a bitter taste. Maybe that is why you see people furious and not ready to accept diplomatic immunity.

Last edited by a moderator:

You just pulled that stuff out of your @$$ didn't you?

Let me tell you something that the Italian Ambassador will stay in India for 1-2 years more whether India bars him or not. This is because his tenure is not over. Diplomacy is not a piece of cake that you will get to know its flavor so easily. Both of the foreign ministries know that. The Italian ministers is getting paid and making good money staying in India as he is getting extra, allowances, servants, etc etc. The Ambassador will not go anywhere until next 3-4 months except for the holidays on government money to meet his family as all diplomats do.

Coming to the immunity, India has not detained its passport or any of his documents, plus neither the ambassador is leaving any time soon, so there is no harm in saying that ambassador will not be allowed safe passage.

This is all staged drama by our government.

And you have every right in the world to be angry,what the italians did was pure treachery but insisting on having their ambassador detained will hurt India more than Italy,it will give the italians just cause in the eyes of the world:"look at this indians,they can't respect international laws how can we trust that our marines will get a fair trial in that country?".Severing ties with them,exposing to the world their lies will hurt them more politically and economically in the long run,you don't need to risk the reputation of your nation for this,let the italians loose theirs,by acting like this you're practically forcing the EU to step in ,you're doing the italians a huge favour,they'll play the victim card.
As far as this case goes,I can even relate to you on an emotional base as an american marine killed in a traffic accident a very popular singer in my country.He was shipped to the US for trial where he was aquited even though there were tapes prooving him guilty for the accident.The public outrage was enormous.He died a few months later in an accident,so I guess destiny has a funny way of catching up with you.

This kind of threads sometime make me believe that evolution has bypassed a significant chunk of humanity,especially India.

The comprehension power of some people is so low that they could not understand even after being repeatedly told with proofs that " Even if a diplomat plants a H-Bomb in a city and vaporizes it" let alone give false affidavit in court,he could not be legally tried in that country according to article 29 of Vienna convention which India has ratified and Included in its constitution as article 253.

What some judge and lawyers with over inflated ego in SC thinks does not matter.What they are doing is illegal under international laws and unconstitutional under Indian laws.

May be, change the law...If you cannot keep your word then you should be punished for that! If they wanted.. They could have fought with India and exerted diplomatic pressure and got the two naval guards out of India... That is NOT fair!

What is the f**king need to have 35 Billion US $ Defense budget if it cannot protect its citizens!

How do you manage to get facts 100% wrong,

Even the guys who get it right err soemtimes by some margin but your post reminds me of what i read at the back of AIM Maachis in India,

The only difference between Genius & Stupidity is that Genius is limited.

Touche,my friend.

:yahoo:

I got refuted, point by point and in the end, I was starstruck by the amazing quote and the French loan-word.

Too bad, I have nothing left to say other than referring you back to the original post and suggesting you to try defending the indefensible.

Let me tell you something that the Italian Ambassador will stay in India for 1-2 years more whether India bars him or not. This is because his tenure is not over. Diplomacy is not a piece of cake that you will get to know its flavor so easily. Both of the foreign ministries know that. The Italian ministers is getting paid and making good money staying in India as he is getting extra, allowances, servants, etc etc. The Ambassador will not go anywhere until next 3-4 months except for the holidays on government money to meet his family as all diplomats do.

Coming to the immunity, India has not detained its passport or any of his documents, plus neither the ambassador is leaving any time soon, so there is no harm in saying that ambassador will not be allowed safe passage.

This is all staged drama by our government.

We see this in Pakistan, all the time (and not because of some intelligence screw-up), it's just another day, there.

Foreign diplomats live alongside the elitist Pakistanis who, like them, have absolute immunity.

Case in point: none of the elitists have been arrested for corruption or embezzlement of public funds (it's ironic because they don't even pay taxes but why bother if they're going to put it back in their personal accounts, anyway).

Wish I had a diplomatic passport, political dynastic genes and a sh!tload of money stolen from the public scoffers :bounce:

Back
Top Bottom