What's new

'India not safe for Pakistanis' and the IPL controversy

Wrong - the major point of criticizm is the manner in which this was handled. If security was a concern on auction day then it was a concern when the Pakistani players were shortlisted and pursued by the IPL. The IPL should have at that point chosen not to shortlist the players and indicated why.

Even if the security concerns did not suddenly become an issue until two days before the auction, the IPL could have still made an announcement to that effect after informing the Pakistani players of the poor security situation. It did none of that.

If the IPL felt that the Indian government could not guarantee against acts of terrorism by Indians on visiting Pakistanis, then it should have been upfront about it and let the players and public know.

Indian govt fast tracked the visa for @ 17 cricketers, It cannot push for players of particular country.

66 players were in auction only few got auctioned. This heart burn should be in all players who came very close and did not get selected.

Get over it.

They just simply can't digest our superiority in T-20, even in that Champions League they didnt even reached Semi's with Three teams

Well, how Pakistan superior to India in T20?
How much times Pakistan beat India in T20 internationals? :)

Indian govt fast tracked the visa for @ 17 cricketers, It cannot push for players of particular country.

66 players were in auction only few got auctioned. This heart burn should be in all players who came very close and did not get selected.

Get over it.

Nothing in your post addresses the points I raised.:disagree:

Pakistan is the most consistent T-20 Team :smokin: :pakistan:

Consistent ok, that doesn't make Pakistan superior to India :no:

In Pakistan-India T20s , Pakistan loses consistently...:smokin:

Last edited:
I guess there are som threats against Pakistanies as kidnapping of our players etc which Indians have got from some were but dont want to tell truth it will look bad for next year world cup.

In my view its the risk is of one of the family or friends of the 140 indians massacarred by non state actors of Pakistan, in a distressed state of mind, attempting to take out their anger on the innocent Pakistani cricketers by doing something stupid. Also we have a bunch of idiots in India as well who are very well capable of using this sentiment for their selfish political gains..

My 2 cents..

Just because you are Indian does not mean you have the ability or desire to analyze events in India accurately and objectively.

Thats true.. However being in india we can see the events folding real time in which these franchise owners are giving interviews calling Indians and Pakistanis as immature who are blowing this out of proportion as its them who need to decide who to select and who not to select for the club they own. I dont say that the exclusion was coincidental, but then the owner took a call on who to include and who not. Even if their reasons were misplaced, its their money so its their call..

I though agree whole heartedly that this could have been handled more gracefully and elegently than what really happened..

Consistent ok, that doesn't make Pakistan superior to India :no:

In Pakistan-India T20s , Pakistan loses consistently...:smokin:

In Pakistan- India overall - India loses consistency in Tests and one days Internationals.

Tests : Pakistan won (12) . India won (9)

ODI : Pakistan won (69) . India won (45)

Always ...:pakistan:

In Pakistan- India overall - India loses consistency in Tests and one days Internationals.

Well, we are discussing T20s mate..:smokin:

I just love how people from the subcontinent have their priorities all skewed. Look at the outrage over a bunch of cricketers playing or not playing a cricket tournament. Where is this sense of outrage when Indian and Pakistani fishermen are put in each others' jails? When soldiers die - not out of fighting each other - but out cold in Siachen? Sohail Tanveer calls it "Hindu kee Zaneeyat hee aisi hai"...he didn't seem to complain about it when took a fat pay check in IPL-1. And if it is Hindu ki zaneeyat - then what are the likes of Owais Shah and Yusuf Abdulla doing in the IPL? What is Shahrukh? What are the Aussie and English players? Or is Sohail Tanveer questioning the zaniyaat of Hindu team mate Danish Kaneria? It is downright disgusting when religion is brought into such issues.

Just because you are Indian does not mean you have the ability or desire to analyze events in India accurately and objectively.

Same goes to you buddy specially when you are pakistani and not indian. i watch news most of my time even when am working in my shop. i personaly thinks IPL done bit bad karma. They shouldn't have done this to pak players. IPL should have let them know way before auction bid. i was bit hurt when i seen first name shahid afridi not picked and then 1 by 1 all 11 players..

Buddy its all about present and not past. India beaten pakistan alot more in present then in past. Recent pakistani win came in 2 important matchs. That's all. One of them was in T20 world cup. At the moment india champion in test and well placed in one day cricket. Pakistan went behind in both form of cricket. T20 can't feed their stomach specially when they not playing in IPL. There are not many T20 matchs. Just 1 or 2.

This is with no offence to any one on this forum but a perspective from the Indian side. I have not done any window dressing but put the thoughts of a people on streets of India.

I don’t know what happened at IPL auctions but some of my thoughts on the possible reasons.

A team consists of 11 playing and about 4 to 5 on bench in case of IPL teams like any other national team. Now in case of IPL each team can have only 4 international players.
Now all of you will agree that any team to do well all 11 will have to play like an orchestra team in sync to get the best performance. Now presence of a Pakistani player in any IPL team along with 8 Indians I am not sure will be welcome considering the events that happened in the last couple of years. This is my honest feeling and I am praying that I am wrong. In the given scenario as the owner of any team will anyone bid and buy a player (however good he is) at any value knowing very well the implications on the entire team. Cricket players are poor souls who are getting affected due to no fault of their own in the politics of hate that we have between us.

These IPL teams need tremendous home and away support of the local population of each city that they belong to or play for commercial reasons. Will the people of this country forget everything that happened on 26/11 for few hours of entertainment? Friends we have a long legacy of hate and animosity but today we have a young India and Pakistan where about 40 % of the population is below the age of 35 years. They are not going to forget things as bygones and the government of the day knows it. I am not sure how many people will go to stadium to cheer Mumbai Indians if Afridi was representing them and the same is the case with any other team. We love to watch Afridi play but we can’t forget he comes from the land of Kasab. I know of children who were witness to the barbaric act and still get up screaming at night. Friends you might have started swearing me by now but put yourself in my (Indian) shoes and think.

Already we have warnings of a impending LET attack …right or wrong if it happens the Pakistani players will have to rush back home. Who loses in the process the team owners who brought them? It’s not the players but the love and respect that you have for India which creates the problem. You can’t secure your strategic asset (Let) and at the same time smile and continue as nothing has happened. This is just the beginning the attitude on my side of the border is getting hard by the day which is unfortunate. This does not translate into war as most of you understand in India it means stop being good and ignore Pakistan and isolate them. You can hate me for saying this but this is the general feeling here unfortunately. We can’t produce Kasabs but this is the only way we can square up things is what we feel.

I am the last one to ask for cricket and films and people to people exchanges be held hostage to our animosity. I wish and pray that at least the next generation of both our nation don’t have to face this. It doesn’t help the cause when Mr.Gilani says he can’t guarantee a second Mumbai like attack, I know there is only so much he can do but statements like this made for domestic consumption has grave consequences. The whole world had to converge on Pakistan to make you accept your role in 26/11 and still many of you have doubts .It was the worst form of massacre in cold blood in the history of mankind and what was their fault of the victims other than they were law abiding taxpaying INDIAN citizens.

You feel hurt and humiliated when some of your players were not brought at the IPL I agree with you. Can you think how we Indians felt when I saw and heard helpless cries of my Brothers, Sisters, sons, daughters & old parents? In two years time lot of my brothers are ready to forget and forgive and carry on as if nothing had happened. If we had done the same to Pakistan I am sure they would have not taken this lying down see how they react when their players are not taken for INDIAN premier league when they have no locus standi on the whole issue.

I expect some of my Pakistani friends to ask themselves and their fellow countrymen to step into my shoes and have a look at the entire issue with some empathy. The bottom line is TERROR as a part of the state DIPLOMACY has to stop and together we can make a huge difference to the people of the subcontinent in a positive way.

@ all indians.. guys, lets stop defending/explaining the IPL actions. The tempers at this time are too freyed for that to have any impact and it results in further flame wars (like which cricket team is better).. Let this cool down..

Back
Top Bottom