What's new

India now ranks 3rd in global scientific publications

Guy's got a major axe to grind, not sure what his deal is.

Manipuri separatist maybe ? :P

Let them say whatever they can.

The reality is that, in 2021,
as per SJR which is a collection of all the top journals in the world like nature, etc.

1671822265828.png

India published 237 k articles v/s 860 k for China and 144 k for Japan.

India has also outpaced USA on many key areas. While China has already outpaced USA in overall and almost anything we can think of.

Not only that, researchers per million population in India is too low:

India at 253, China at 1585, Japan at 5,455

Meaning total scientist in each nation are:
India: 352 k, China: 2,219 k, Japan: 654 k

Japan should be publishing 2x more in top scientific journals than India as it has 2x more scientists. But publishes 50% less.

China should be publishing 6.3x more than India based on number of scientists, but publishes 3.5x

Clearly, average Indian scientist is publishing 2-3x more than average in China and Japan in top most RnD journals. As per above indexes.

India just needs more scientists. That's it.

Once, RnD per million population in India (currently, 253) reaches developed nation like USA and Japan, numbers for India will be hard to control.

All this talk about research papers and "publications" is a bunch of hogwash. Everything is a lie in Sanghiland.

In their Northern cow belt poorer states, where Hindutva is a major force, their high-school graduation exams are all marked by rampant cheating. If this is what their basic high school educational standard is, then you can make some idea about what their university educational standards are...just pathetic.

People are hired to climb up four stories to deliver cheating notes....if teachers try to stop them, they are beaten up.....

Just a f*cked up situation, and then they try to boast about how advanced and prolific their "research" is - yeah right !!!

Like their toilet situation, they should try to fix the basics of their education system, the primary and secondary education level.

iu

iu

Forget school exams, you can hire people to fake your name and stand in for you in Police force exams.

iu

Believe me - I have seen what the "best' H1B's Indian companies send stateside.

If this is their 'best' talent, then Lord help the US companies.

When Boeing hired Indian H1B's to build software for the 737 Max - we saw the results....

Wherever they go, they ruin companies.....

As per survey done by multi-national corporations (including Chinese companies):

1671823289670.png

Indian coders were ranked higher than Chinese coders.

The above is European news and research (BTW), just in case, you do not trust Indian sources.

Same is seen in Chinese RnD centers in India.

Where companies like Oppo file 125 patents every year from Indian RnD:

From just 200 RnD staff.

In China, they get 6000 patents from 35,000 people (3x below India on per capita basis)

Please bother to explain, why Qualcomm's 50% patents are filed by their small and tiny Indian RnD center these days (including 5G patents):

And how come (as per every news article), these had higher quality than over-hyped Huawei:

India just needs more people in RnD.

RnD per million population in India is too low (257). And is easily scalable by 10x, which will make Indian contribution to science by 10x as well.

“India’s position globally in scientific publications, has improved from 7th position in 2010 to 3rd position in 2020. He also added that India’s scholarly output increased from 60,555 papers in 2010 to 1,49,213 papers in 2020," stated a press release by the Press Information Bureau.

India also ranks third globally in the number of PhDs produced annually. In a similar upward trend, the number of patents granted by the India Patents Office to Indian scientists has more than doubled in just the last four years.

Minister Singh credited the government’s reforms for this success. According to him, the government has helped by “successive increase in allocations for Scientific Departments, incentivizing investment by private sector to increase their share in GERD, improving the ease of doing business in the Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) activities; introducing flexible tools for public procurement; creating avenues for collaborative STI funding through portfolio-based funding mechanisms such as Public-Private-Partnerships and other innovative hybrid funding mechanism."

Another reform has been the treatment of research and development by the government as a part of Corporate Social Responsibility spending (CSR).

“Corporates can invest in technology business incubators or contribute in research efforts carried out by institutions and national research laboratories as a part of their CSR," mentions the PIB press release.

Further, there “are specific investment incentives offered such as Location-based tax incentives that enable 100% deductions of profits generated from establishing and doing business in northeastern states of India."

The Global Innovation Index (GII) 2022, released by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) also saw India’s innovation ranking improve from 81st in 2014 to 40th in 2022.

Back in 1998-2000, india used to publish more scientific papers than ~all major Asiatic Muslim states combined.
Today, Asian Muslim states combined scientific output dwarfs india (with far less combined population, mind you). Indians look at raw data for their own country and live in their inferiority-complex driven delusions of "suPa PowA RisiNg inDia" ...meanwhile in real world, the difference between india and say Islamic World has increased manifold in the last few decades...and its only widening further :lol: And lets not even talk about China here (which has lapped india multiple times over at this point compared to what the difference was in the year 2000)

1671823695802.png

Back in 1998-2000, india used to publish more scientific papers than ~all major Asiatic Muslim states combined.
Today, Asian Muslim states combined scientific output dwarfs india (with far less combined population, mind you). Indians look at raw data for their own country and live in their inferiority-complex driven delusions of "suPa PowA RisiNg inDia" ...meanwhile in real world, the difference between india and say Islamic World has increased manifold in the last few decades...and its only widening further :lol: And lets not even talk about China here (which has lapped india multiple times over at this point compared to what the difference was in the year 2000)

View attachment 907448

Not really.

Yes, in 2000, India used to publish more than all Muislim nations combined.

But it was ranked 13th in the world.

Today, it is ranked 4th.

Even you have cited scimajor numbers.
It is very easy to filter by year on scimajor:

1671824451424.png

India published 25 k in 2000, 237 k in 2021 (9.5x growth).
And moved it's position from 13th to 4th.

China published 50 k in 2000, 860 k now (17x growth).

It's not falling behind as what you are portraying (rather going up exceptionally fast).
Muslim nations have grown much faster than India though.

Credits to them.

Not really.

Yes, in 2000, India used to publish more than all Muislim nations combined.

But it was ranked 13th in the world.

Today, it is ranked 4th.

Even you have cited scimajor numbers.
It is very easy to filter by year on scimajor:

View attachment 907456

India published 25 k in 2000, 237 k in 2021 (9.5x growth).
And moved it's position from 13th to 4th.

China published 50 k in 2000, 860 k now (17x growth).

It's not falling behind as what you are portraying (rather going up exceptionally fast).
Muslim nations have grown much faster than India though.

Credits to them.

No, that was my point (faster relative growth elsewhere, even beyond China)

Although, I dont think india published more than all Muslim nations combined in 2000s? I thought it was only Asian Muslim states. I read it somewhere so I quoted it. May be I need to look into the numbers myself :D

India is making admirable advances and indians should be happy about it. The problem arises with extremely pompous and over-the-top rhetoric from indians online en masse and even indian political/intellectual class---and this is why non-Indians often mock and push back against india's advances (which are praiseworthy but do not match the world-conquering rhetoric that comes with it in general lol)

View attachment 907448

Yes, it published more than all Muslim nations combined.
In my above link, you can filter by year, and then count yourself.

Like for 2021, the numbers are in below link:

Even you are citing scimajor numbers BTW.

I just did the maths.

Now, Muslim nations are almost at par with USA.

Like (in 2021):
Iran: 77 k,
Turkey: 67 k,
Indonesia: 50 k,
Saudi: 50 k,
Malaysia: 41 k,
Egypt: 40 k,
Pakistan: 36 k,
Iraq: 17 k,
UAE: 12 k,
Bangladesh: 12 k

I could count 400 k.

Don't know where the rest of 100 k (out of 500 k) mentioned by you comes from. Please help in above link, if you know.

It is touch short of USA (700 k), but will be above USA on many subjects.

All the Muslim nations need is unity among themselves. And if that happens, they can throw away USA out of it's place in 10-20 years.

It shouldn't be USA bombing Iraq, Iran, etc.

Anyways, India has a lot of people.
We all know they aren't too friendly with Chinese and Pakistani. So, can't comment what happens here. Obviously, I have seen badmouthing by all here (Chinese -> Indians, Indians -> Chinese, Vietnamese -> Chinese, etc.)

But their behavior seems fine on many other online forums, as per my observation.

Can't generalize though.

As per survey done by multi-national corporations (including Chinese companies):

View attachment 907445

Indian coders were ranked higher than Chinese coders.

The above is European news and research (BTW), just in case, you do not trust Indian sources.

So you say Indian coders are good. OK, according to this article from July 2022, 500,000 software engineers graduate from the thousands of software engineering institutes across the country every year. And this must have been the general trend for at least 20 years. So in 2022 there must be at least 9.5 million software engineers in India right now at various corporate positions - coder, "team lead", project manager, "system architect" and many other fancy titles and the remainder 500,000 software engineers can be allowed to to get deducted into this count because they will be working in other countries. So from this 9.5 million software engineers living in India right now can you name even one Indian-designed operating system ?

So you say Indian coders are good. OK, according to this article from July 2022, 500,000 software engineers graduate from the thousands of software engineering institutes across the country every year. And this must have been the general trend for at least 20 years. So in 2022 there must be at least 9.5 million software engineers in India right now at various corporate positions - coder, "team lead", project manager, "system architect" and many other fancy titles and the remainder 500,000 software engineers can be allowed to to get deducted into this count because they will be working in other countries. So from this 9.5 million software engineers living in India right now can you name even one Indian-designed operating system ?
At least they, indian code monkies, earn decent money... You can call them names all you want but you are still an adult virgin, who lives with his mum in a dirty slum..

Those "code monkeys" live much more fulfilling lives than you can ever hope to... You dirty gutter rat piece of shite delusional commie pervert.

Lol

You should probably contact frontnet.eu who says Indian coders are better than Chinese ones.
And get the details on what research was done and further details.

I just posted what I could find on online news.
I don't own that study, European agencies do.

I will give you a brief about how Indian software industry looks like, and it is for you to decide whether you find it good or bad.

India has it's own version of Amazon: Flipkart, Uber: Ola.

And has 100+ unicorn startups. Many amazing software companies working on AI/ML.

It has it's own Twitter like platform: Koo.

You get groceries delivered in 10 minutes via online platforms like Zepto. Something I haven't seen in Indonesia, Singapore.

Has a great UPI based payment system and leads the world in online payments:

With a transaction volume higher than China and USA.

India does not have it's own operating system currently.

You are the example of cringey nationalist Indians why rational Indians are embarrassed. All this constant bragging without achieving much. So on which part of Mars might I find India's crewed research station that has been there for 30 years ? After all you have "higher ability" - in your own words. Or is there an Indian space station in low Earth orbit built under the able leadership of Modi jee through his "Make in India" programme ? The problem is that such a space station exists only in CGI ( at 2:59 mins ) :

At least give me India's achievements in computing, what with the large number of computing companies especially the 41-year-old Infosys with a worker count of 335,186 out of which most will be computer engineers, and the 54-year-old TCS with a worker count of 600,000+ out of which most will be computer engineers. Of "higher ability" these will be, yes ?
I have seen highly touted professors in my university struggling to keep tenure because they have up their game in publishing their research papers. Give credit where it is due.

You should probably contact frontnet.eu who says Indian coders are better than Chinese ones.
And get the details on what research was done and further details.

I just posted what I could find on online news.
I don't own that study, European agencies do.

I am quite there in the computing field so I know who is capable. I am not saying that every Indian computer engineer is an idiot because I am working with a few on my projects, they just need guidance to present their ideas, talents, experience and knowledge. However, the vast majority are misfits who are in the computing industry only because their parents pushed them into it as a means to bring money-money-money into the extremely Capitalist Great Indian Family.

So I don't need to contact frontnet.eu. :)

I will give you a brief about how Indian software industry looks like, and it is for you to decide whether you find it good or bad.

India has it's own version of Amazon: Flipkart, Uber: Ola.

I agree and it is wonderful. My house uses Amazon and I have used Ola. But such platforms are also available in China and elsewhere, yes ? :)

Secondly, the softwares and hardwares used to build these platforms - the web servers, databases, proxies, user interfaces, the phones and the interconnectivity - they are not Indian. The Indian people who built these undeniably wonderful and useful platforms just used what others built outside India and used them for years before they came to India.

And has 100+ unicorn startups. Many amazing software companies working on AI/ML.

Yaar, let us not use these cringe words like Unicorn. They are nothing but a Capitalist delusion. Even a nonsense company like Byjus which does nothing but do "Behti Ganga may haath dhona" with the irrational lust among most Indians for those needless and useless exams in schooling so that the student will be pushed into a further life of needless competitive and Capitalist dog-eat-dog life that the parents and their parents did, and then Byjus earns from this zombie lust and contributes nothing to society, even this Byjus is a "Unicorn". In India even a motorcycle factory producing those stupid, noisy Bullet bikes and a company dedicated to dog food and dog clothing to earn from the irrational love for dogs in Indian culture, even these companies can be "Unicorns". So let us take a step back and stopping using that word.

It has it's own Twitter like platform: Koo.

A direct copy of Twitter, existing to pander to Bhakt sentiments.

You get groceries delivered in 10 minutes via online platforms like Zepto. Something I haven't seen in Indonesia, Singapore.

Has a great UPI based payment system and leads the world in online payments:
With a transaction volume higher than China and USA.

1. Sure, Zepto is wonderful. My family also uses it. If I were to live alone I will use it too.

2. As for UPI, I currently only have a post office savings account but if I were to start using it will be a temporary convenience because I being a Communist speak for money system itself to be abolished and thus get rid in simple permanence of the system that for thousands of years in humanity been one of the major means of injustice, inequality, violence and oppression.

India does not have it's own operating system currently.

But why not, after five decades of computing in India and massively rich companies like TCS and Infosys which have hundreds of thousands of workers each ? I won't speak about my own achievements but I will present an arrogant announcement by the Bhakt and then chief of DRDO, VK Saraswat in 2010 about DRDO setting up a team of 25 to devise a "futuristic" "indigenous" operating system for Indian needs :
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is working on creating a futuristic computing system, including India's own operating system, said V.K. Saraswat, Scientific Adviser to the Defence Minister and DRDO Director-General.

Talking to journalists after inaugurating the DRDO Transit Facility here on Saturday, Dr. Saraswat said: “We do not have our own operating system. Today, various bodies, including banks and defence establishments, need security. Having our own operating system will help us prevent hacking of our systems.”

Two software engineering centres are being set up for this purpose in Bangalore and New Delhi. “To start with, we will have 25 scientists at each of these centres. We are in touch with institutes such as the Indian Institute of Science, Indian Institute of Technology Madras and the Centre for Development of Telematics, besides universities and industries. We will use available talent.” Citing security reasons, he refused to provide details of organisations involved in the project.

The new operating system would also have commercial use, he said and added: “With a home-grown system, the source code will be with us and it helps in securing our systems,” he said. Asked about the money involved for the project and the timeframe, Dr. Saraswat said it was fairly a costly affair, without elaborating on the timeframe.

He said a series of indigenously built military satellites with surveillance imaging and navigation capabilities were being launched. “There will be a series of [defence] satellites. Numbers cannot be revealed because they are classified. Each year, you will find one or two satellites going up.”

These satellites will be dedicated to different defence applications and launched as per the schedule put out by the Department of Space.

“The Army, the Navy and the Air Force each have their own requirement, and it won't be appropriate to say how many each of them would need,” Dr. Saraswat said.

It will have payloads for surveillance, imaging, navigation and communication. “You should be able to see with very high resolution and precision the movements of troops and things like that [in the neighbourhood].” Data and commands can be sent through these satellites to cruise missiles, he added.

Dr. Saraswat said there was a possibility of exporting many things developed by the DRDO laboratories, including the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), which, he said, was regarded as the best aircraft. “Many countries are approaching us for Akash and Nag missiles, and the LCA,” he said. The priority was to provide indigenous technology. “Export is only incidental,” he said.
In 2012, two years later, the team had grown to 150 but now in 2022, 12 years after the start of this project to devise a "futuristic" "indigenous" Indian OS there are not even kernel calls described. What have these 150 "computer scientist" DRDO grandees achieved in 12 years other than be smug about being in government employment and enjoying some socio-economic benefits denied to the rest of the citizenry ? And these 150 fools may have been awarded too, before they got drafted into this team and during.

I have seen highly touted professors in my university struggling to keep tenure because they have up their game in publishing their research papers. Give credit where it is due.

Give credit to who ?

I am quite there in the computing field so I know who is capable. I am not saying that every Indian computer engineer is an idiot because I am working with a few on my projects, they just need guidance to present their ideas, talents, experience and knowledge. However, the vast majority are misfits who are in the computing industry only because their parents pushed them into it as a means to bring money-money-money into the extremely Capitalist Great Indian Family.

So I don't need to contact frontnet.eu. :)

I agree and it is wonderful. My house uses Amazon and I have used Ola. But such platforms are also available in China and elsewhere, yes ? :)

Secondly, the softwares and hardwares used to build these platforms - the web servers, databases, proxies, user interfaces, the phones and the interconnectivity - they are not Indian. The Indian people who built these undeniably wonderful and useful platforms just used what others built outside India and used them for years before they came to India.

Yaar, let us not use these cringe words like Unicorn. They are nothing but a Capitalist delusion. Even a nonsense company like Byjus which does nothing but do "Behti Ganga may haath dhona" with the irrational lust among most Indians for those needless and useless exams in schooling so that the student will be pushed into a further life of needless competitive and Capitalist dog-eat-dog life that the parents and their parents did, and then Byjus earns from this zombie lust and contributes nothing to society, even this Byjus is a "Unicorn". In India even a motorcycle factory producing those stupid, noisy Bullet bikes and a company dedicated to dog food and dog clothing to earn from the irrational love for dogs in Indian culture, even these companies can be "Unicorns". So let us take a step back and stopping using that word.

A direct copy of Twitter, existing to pander to Bhakt sentiments.

1. Sure, Zepto is wonderful. My family also uses it. If I were to live alone I will use it too.

2. As for UPI, I currently only have a post office savings account but if I were to start using it will be a temporary convenience because I being a Communist speak for money system itself to be abolished and thus get rid in simple permanence of the system that for thousands of years in humanity been one of the major means of injustice, inequality, violence and oppression.

But why not, after five decades of computing in India and massively rich companies like TCS and Infosys which have hundreds of thousands of workers each ? I won't speak about my own achievements but I will present an arrogant announcement by the Bhakt and then chief of DRDO, VK Saraswat in 2010 about DRDO setting up a team of 25 to devise a "futuristic" "indigenous" operating system for Indian needs :

In 2012, two years later, the team had grown to 150 but now in 2022, 12 years after the start of this project to devise a "futuristic" "indigenous" Indian OS there are not even kernel calls described. What have these 150 "computer scientist" DRDO grandees achieved in 12 years other than be smug about being in government employment and enjoying some socio-economic benefits denied to the rest of the citizenry ? And these 150 fools may have been awarded too, before they got drafted into this team and during.

Give credit to who ?

Dude, you seem to be a biased critique of India. And there doesn't seem a point justifying to you about India.

Before commenting about Indian startups, I would want you to watch a show called Shark Tank India to see how innovative Indian startup ecosystem is becoming.

And yes, Indian startups are raising more money from investors than Chinese startups. South East Asia is not in competition now.

Even though India is 6x below China on GDP.

And even the Chinese are investing many folds in India:-

www.thehindubusinessline.com/info-tech/chinese-investments-into-indian-startups-hit-a-3-year-high-in-2021/article64937879.ece/amp/

So you mean all the investors are stupid ? Including the Chinese investors.

Why are Chinese investors investing so much in India and not in Japan, Pakistan, South East Asia ?

Secondly on the platforms mentioned by you.

They exist everywhere, but not to the extent they do in India.

Let's say, for home food and grocery delivery, in South East Asia, there is majorly just Grab and Gojek.

In India, you have Swiggy, Zomato, JioMart, Zepto, Bigbasket, Grofers and many more.

It is well known to everyone here that Bluesmart has dwarfed even Uber on EV based can rides.

In VR/AR, I have personally seen very high end tech in Indian startups.

Like VR based virtual shopping (Amazon in VR style), VR based education apps for kids.

That's why there is so much investor confidence towards Indian startups.

Whether it is better than China or not, I don't care.

The fact of the matter is, India is certainly on the map when it comes to future technology as of today.

Such high levels of innovation in startup sector wasn't there in India 10 years back.
You mentioned that "why India didn't make OS".

Why should we reinvent the wheel ?

When OS technology came into place (1990-2000), India was not that great in IT.

It lost the race for OS, etc.

There was no point in making another OS when Microsoft is 100 billion dollar company.

Will any new startup entrepreneur go for making another Google ?

No, it has no scope. You can hardly compete with something as big as Google.

During internet and e-commerce boom (2010-2015), India was much better equipped.

That's why you see India having so many ecommerce startups.

In coming technology (VR, AI, ML), India is even better placed.

Even top scientific publications in my link above, show that India is slowly overtaking USA in software tech.

It may be behind China, but that's not what I am talking about (India vs China).

Indian researchers does not usually go for high impact journals because of the costs involved in publication. One of my co-authored paper was published in ACS nanotechnology, and it costed my professor about $4000, some publications from Elsevier (related to oncology and neuro science) costs even more than $10,000.

India needs its own share of high impact publication house for scientific journals with higher quality barrier for entry and lower cost.

Believe me - I have seen what the "best' H1B's Indian companies send stateside.

If this is their 'best' talent, then Lord help the US companies.

When Boeing hired Indian H1B's to build software for the 737 Max - we saw the results....

Wherever they go, they ruin companies.....
I wonder why Indians in US make almost double that of yours.
List of ethnic groups in the United States by household income - Wikipedia

Whether Indians are incapable or not, the US might be even more stupid to pay double to Indians. And if we do trust you, Bangladeshi migrants in US are among the lowest earners among all minority groups. What does this say about the quality of bangladeshi superior race?
I won't even go about the number of CEO's in big tech/finance etc.,

Back
Top Bottom