What's new

India offers electricity at Rs15 per unit

What's the use some stupid dumbf*** will come and blow himself up over the transformers and they'd have to keep repairing and maintaining them as well as securing them from those terrorists every day.

What's the use some stupid dumbf*** will come and blow himself up over the transformers and they'd have to keep repairing and maintaining them as well as securing them from those terrorists every day.

Thats not our concern.

Electricity from India costlier than import from Iran

14/04/12 The electricity to be bought from India will be Rs 5 per unit costlier as compared with Iran.

According to sources, India has offered to provide 500MW of electricity at a cost of Rs 8 per unit equivalent to Pak Rs 14.08 per unit.

The import of electricity from India will be Rs 5.08 per unit costlier as compared with buying electricity from Iran.

On the other hand, the cost of per unit electricity through hydel projects is Rs 22 while the per unit power production from diesel is Rs 19.26.

The electricity generated by furnace oil costs Rs 16 per unit while power generated from gas costs Rs 4.36 per unit and the electricity produced from nuclear plants costs Rs 1.21 per unit. The average cost of per unit production of electricity in Pakistan is Rs 13.50.

Electricity from India costlier than import from Iran

Well for me it's too expensive that would be 330 Toman / KWh
here an average family pay less than 70 Toman / KWh in fact it's about 48 Toman / KWh

Well for me it's too expensive that would be 330 Toman / KWh
here an average family pay less than 70 Toman / KWh in fact it's about 48 Toman / KWh

You cannot compare the energy production in Iran to India, mostly because we don't have oil.

Here in Gujarat we pay Rs. 4.5 (Rs. 5 if included all taxes). Which is roughly Rs. 9-10 per unit in Pakistani Currency. You guys pay Rs. 18 which is pretty high.

On the other hand, the cost of per unit electricity through hydel projects is Rs 22 while the per unit power production from diesel is Rs 19.26.

What?? and I always heard that hydel is the cheapest form of energy production.

Here in Gujarat we pay Rs. 4.5 (Rs. 5 if included all taxes). Which is roughly Rs. 9-10 per unit in Pakistani Currency. You guys pay Rs. 18 which is pretty high.

In Tamil Nadu its Rs 1 something and in Kerala its Rs 3 something.(Correct me if I am wrong).

well , Instead of oil you have Thorium .

That technology is still under development .

This is a cruel running joke, Pakistan is in negotiating with the entire continent but nothing has happened anywhere!!

^ Dude it was a Chinese company in Pakistan. Is it hard to understand?
you really think chineese can do miracles dont you? somehow they would have just made oil out of nothing and hence electricity. Do some reading instead of listening to your cousin.

well , Instead of oil you have Thorium .
well we are doing some research to cash it.

Here is the tariff in Andhra Pradesh

0-50 units @INR 1.45
51-100 units @ INR 2.60
101-200 units @ INR 3.60
201-300 units @INR 5.75
301-500 units @ INR 6.75
above 500 @ INR 7.25

Upper middle class usually falls under III or IV categories.

Its total mismanagement and nothing else. They have been in government for four years and the problem could have been resolved only if they had the integrity and good reputation.

There are investors in Middle East and China willing to invest in coal development. But they dont as the government reputation is so bad, no one is willing to trust them with money. Thats what happens when you have thieves ruling the country.

In recent floods, the Saudi government paid the money to the affectees through its embassy. When the 'honorable' PM belatedly appealed for funds from general public, the people paid insignificant amount compared to what charities were able to collect.

Back to the topic. Its makes no sense to import electricity when power generation in the country can be solved through resolution of circular debt problem. But again, its mismanagement and lack of will.

I m afraid this govt will not be able to pay to India and instead of improving relations, it could make it worse. :) :)

Eventually Pakistan needs to get away from furnace oil dependence.

Men decrease the price, we can buy 2000-3000MW of electricity from you every single day, the moment you agree to it instantly. And if things are good, we can propose to buy even more.

Its total mismanagement and nothing else. They have been in government for four years and the problem could have been resolved only if they had the integrity and good reputation.

There are investors in Middle East and China willing to invest in coal development. But they dont as the government reputation is so bad, no one is willing to trust them with money. Thats what happens when you have thieves ruling the country.

In recent floods, the Saudi government paid the money to the affectees through its embassy. When the 'honorable' PM belatedly appealed for funds from general public, the people paid insignificant amount compared to what charities were able to collect.

Back to the topic. Its makes no sense to import electricity when power generation in the country can be solved through resolution of circular debt problem. But again, its mismanagement and lack of will.

I m afraid this govt will not be able to pay to India and instead of improving relations, it could make it worse. :) :)

Eventually Pakistan needs to get away from furnace oil dependence.

It won't be Govt of India selling you electricity. It would be some PSC doing the job for GOI. As far as payment is concern it would be settled with third party mostly banks which may take deposites from Pak in advance. So that's not problem.
But it's high time for Pak to think about the issue seriously. Go to china and ask for 10 to 20 nuclear reactors capable of generating 550 MW. And be selfsufficent. You can't develope if you rely on others for energy that much. Your all wether friend should be able to help you with this. But I sincerely double that cuz China is more interested in arming Pak than to develope it. Sad.

Men decrease the price, we can buy 2000-3000MW of electricity from you every single day, the moment you agree to it instantly. And if things are good, we can propose to buy even more.
I think GOI is fu@king kidding with everyone. We are running short on domestic requirement and some hotshot thinking it of export. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom