What's new

India offers electricity at Rs15 per unit

thats nonsense from Indian govt.

its own citizens are facing electricity.cuts...........with paddy season ahead we r lokking at atleast 6 hours cut in punjab

Its total mismanagement and nothing else. They have been in government for four years and the problem could have been resolved only if they had the integrity and good reputation.

There are investors in Middle East and China willing to invest in coal development. But they dont as the government reputation is so bad, no one is willing to trust them with money. Thats what happens when you have thieves ruling the country.

In recent floods, the Saudi government paid the money to the affectees through its embassy. When the 'honorable' PM belatedly appealed for funds from general public, the people paid insignificant amount compared to what charities were able to collect.

Back to the topic. Its makes no sense to import electricity when power generation in the country can be solved through resolution of circular debt problem. But again, its mismanagement and lack of will.

I m afraid this govt will not be able to pay to India and instead of improving relations, it could make it worse. :) :)

Eventually Pakistan needs to get away from furnace oil dependence.

Private investors, MNCs all like corrupt governments so that can get away by paying low royalty to the Government. Also they are not trusting the govt with their money. They use their money and expertise to exploit the natural resources. So I believe that the main reason for their unwillingness is that the Pakistani coal may not be up to the mark.

Anyways I feel that Pakistanis are very critical of the current govt for things that they are not responsible for like the energy crises.Power plants and dams cannot be built in a day. What was Mushraff doing for the 9 years before Zardari?

I think GOI is fu@king kidding with everyone. We are running short on domestic requirement and some hotshot thinking it of export. :D

I think it was explained in some other thread that sometimes its more economical to sell Pakistan power than transfer that to parts in India that suffer power shortfall.

thats nonsense from Indian govt.

its own citizens are facing electricity.cuts...........with paddy season ahead we r lokking at atleast 6 hours cut in punjab

May be Punjab Electricity Board cannot afford to buy power.

Private investors, MNCs all like corrupt governments so that can get away by paying low royalty to the Government. Also they are not trusting the govt with their money. They use their money and expertise to exploit the natural resources. So I believe that the main reason for their unwillingness is that the Pakistani coal may not be up to the mark.

Anyways I feel that Pakistanis are very critical of the current govt for things that they are not responsible for like the energy crises.Power plants and dams cannot be built in a day. What was Mushraff doing for the 9 years before Zardari?

I think it was explained in some other thread that sometimes its more economical to sell Pakistan power than transfer that to parts in India that suffer power shortfall.

May be Punjab Electricity Board cannot afford to buy power.
There is national Grid inplace. You don't need to do much to transfer electricity. If you don't know please see GOIs report on shortage of electricity generation in India. It might be economical to sell it to Pak. But it's not true that we are over producing. Infact deficiate is around 8000/12000 MW( or may be even more). I will post a link if I can find it. This it the only reason that GOI is installing 1000 MW reactor chain on fast track basis

Punjab Electicity board can offort to buy but can't to give for FREE that might be reason. Gurjarat is the only state I know which is over producing electricity. And they are expanding with the 10/20 % considering the growth of state in this decade. Maharashtra is underproducing since last decade and havent taken any measures yet to counter it so it more likely they are going to suffer with cut.

this is definitely not a good idea. india need to make its electricity system more efficient. we now have 3rd largest installed capacity, but production is not as high as it should be. selling electricity to pak will help generate revenues but not help indians.

There is national Grid inplace. You don't need to do much to transfer electricity. If you don't know please see GOIs report on shortage of electricity generation in India. It might be economical to sell it to Pak. But it's not true that we are over producing. Infact deficiate is around 8000/12000 MW( or may be even more). I will post a link if I can find it. This it the only reason that GOI is installing 1000 MW reactor chain on fast track basis

I never said that we are over producing but as far as I know, if my state wants to import power from a particular state we have to pay the Power Grid Cooperation of India rent on the distance from that state to my home state. Sometimes that may not work out economically. Also I think the power grid in India still have a long way to go. For example Kerala is now having half hour load shedding . The Kerala EB is ready to buy power but the power corridor to Kerala is already booked by Andhra Pradesh.So we will not get power eventhough we are ready to pay for it.

Punjab Electicity board can offort to buy but can't to give for FREE that might be reason. Gurjarat is the only state I know which is over producing electricity. And they are expanding with the 10/20 % considering the growth of state in this decade. Maharashtra is underproducing since last decade and havent taken any measures yet to counter it so it more likely they are going to suffer with cut.

Don't worry, if things remain as it ,Kerala will also join the club.Our proposed hydel projects are being repeatedly shot down by Ministry for Environment. Environmentalists are also playing their part. The nett result is we are on the verge of a major power crises.

I never said that we are over producing but as far as I know, if my state wants to import power from a particular state we have to pay the Power Grid Cooperation of India rent on the distance from that state to my home state. Sometimes that may not work out economically. Also I think the power grid in India still have a long way to go. For example Kerala is now having half hour load shedding . The Kerala EB is ready to buy power but the power corridor to Kerala is already booked by Andhra Pradesh.So we will not get power eventhough we are ready to pay for it.

Don't worry, if things remain as it ,Kerala will also join the club.Our proposed hydel projects are being repeatedly shot down by Ministry for Environment. Environmentalists are also playing their part. The nett result is we are on the verge of a major power crises.
Either I am or you are far away from facts. Don't take it as offence and correct me if I am wrong. In CENTRAL power grid you don't have to actually get the electricity from the state you are buying from. That's what grids are for. According to my knowledge there are regional grids consisting of the few states. And these regional grids are connected by central grid. If suppose Assam has to buy from Gujarat electricity doesn't go all the way to Assam from Gujarat. It will provided by nearest grid eg from Kolkatta. So Kolkatta will make up by getting it from MP grid. And mp will make up it from Gujarat. And charges for transmission are actually for this relay exercise and loss during transmission and power corridor is booked by AP ? I don't get it. If there is surplus ELE and state has money to buy it. Not probs. I think what you mean is AP buy before Kerala and there isn't anything to buy for kelrala. Correct me if I am wrong

^ My cousin was telling me about it when I was in Pakistan last summer.

"My friend said so".. ridiculing reply I was about to post.....

Hope, u r not trolling intended

Either I am or you are far away from facts. Don't take it as offence and correct me if I am wrong. In CENTRAL power grid you don't have to actually get the electricity from the state you are buying from. That's what grids are for. According to my knowledge there are regional grids consisting of the few states. And these regional grids are connected by central grid. If suppose Assam has to buy from Gujarat electricity doesn't go all the way to Assam from Gujarat. It will provided by nearest grid eg from Kolkatta. So Kolkatta will make up by getting it from MP grid. And mp will make up it from Gujarat.

Just heard it. Can't confirm it with a credible source. What you said is practical but theoretically its considered that power from Gujurat is transmitted all the way to Assam.

Anyways lets hope somebody with good knowledge on this matter clears it up for us.

And charges for transmission are actually for this relay exercise and loss during transmission and power corridor is booked by AP ? I don't get it. If there is surplus ELE and state has money to buy it. Not probs. I think what you mean is AP buy before Kerala and there isn't anything to buy for kelrala. Correct me if I am wrong

The Southern Corridor has only a transmission capacity of 1500 MW and is already booked by other Southern States (AP being the main customer according to our Electricity Minister) leaving very little for Kerala.

Even if power is available outside the state, the transmission corridor, which can transmit only about 1,500 MW every day, has been booked by the four southern states leaving no room for fresh purchases.

AP not alone in facing power crisis - Times Of India

^^^^i think they offered to produce electricity from trash (by creating methane)
Yep! 'Trash' meaning politicians who do nothing else but create methane!!
lol-003.gif

"My friend said so".. ridiculing reply I was about to post.....

Hope, u r not trolling intended

No trolling as it was true. What our electricity has to do with you Indians is beyond me.

yaar this chutiya electricity board of india cant even increase efficiency of our plants to atleast 90%. coal india cant even gaurentee coal to all thermal plants. its a govt organisation but refuses to ffollow govt demands:rofl:. and now we are exporting to pakistan for generating revenues. is it just me or indian policy makers are really :crazy:??

We are sitting on the World's largest reserve of coal and we run our power plants with imported oil. The whole World uses coal to generate more than 50% of their electricity, even the mighty USA and then they tell us not to use coal because it effects the Environment. We are using less than 3 % to generate power with coal. When will we learn and throw out these bums out of Power.

We are sitting on the World's largest reserve of coal and we run our power plants with imported oil. The whole World uses coal to generate more than 50% of their electricity, even the mighty USA and then they tell us not to use coal because it effects the Environment. We are using less than 3 % to generate power with coal. When will we learn and throw out these bums out of Power.

india also imports coal from indonesia and australia, but we dont import it from their govt, but we simply buy the whole mine so the coal is ours then just getting it from their land. great idea isnt it.

anyways no one will stop u from using thermal plants. but it takes 3 billion to build one, sorry but u dont have that much. pakistan has extremely low sayings rate only good enough to keep the army running. economic development is yet to reach pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom