What's new

India offers to export electricity to Pakistan

We ain't going to take it you know why?

Pakistan was offered these following:

China offered to take control of Pakistan supply lines, they promised no more power cuts and it will be $3 per unit. Pakistan goverment declined.

Iran offered is energy for $5 per unit. Again Pakistan goverment declined.

UAE offered to build a free Power Plant for Pakistan, again Pakistan goverment declined.

Now USA has offered us $15 per unit of enegy and guess waht The Pakistan Goverment accepted that sh*T.

That's how corrupt our goverment is.
:mad:

The Zardari Govt has taken no step to materialise these offers and i wonder if his govt is active enough to do something about Indian offer or it is going the same way as were earlier ones

In Indian punjab rate is around 6-7 RS per unit..................how can india offers so much cheaper to foreign country????..................will not be under a dollar (more than RS 45 )

If India offers at Rs15 (Indian currency) per unit it will cost us Rs30 PKR per unit. so not cheap for us even if they offer at Rs10

BS. if this is true :angry:

Transfer the current inland to places that dont have electricity or better to my home which suffers two hours of 'scheduled' cuts everyday.

India offers to export electricity to Pakistan

electricity-5431.jpg

Discussions will be held on how much electricity should be imported from India and at what rate it will be supplied

ISLAMABAD: India on Wednesday offered to export electricity to Pakistan, stating that they are willing to help Pakistan deal with its energy shortfall, DawnNews reported.

According to Commerce Secretary Zafar Mehmood, the Indian offer will soon come under consideration and discussions will be held on how much electricity should be imported from India and at what rate it will be supplied.

Pakistan and India will hold trade secretary level talks during April 27-28 in Islamabad. The meeting is part of the resumed dialogue process between the two South Asian neighbours.

India offers to export electricity to Pakistan | Business | DAWN.COM

India offers to sell cheap electricity to Pakistan

ISLAMABAD: At a time when Pakistan is facing acute shortage of electricity , India has offered to sell power at cheap rates to its energy-starved neighbour, Commerce Secretary Zafar Mehmood said today.

India's offer will be discussed at the meeting of the Commerce Secretaries of India and Pakistan to be held in Islamabad during April 27-28, Mehmood told the media.

However, he did not give details, including when New Delhi had made the offer.

The meeting between the Commerce Secretaries is part of the resumed dialogue process between the two countries.

India has been pushing for greater trade and economic ties with Pakistan.

India offers to sell cheap electricity to Pakistan - The Economic Times

Expecting various theories of why India is offering electricity. Before the India bashers take centre stage ...

From Pakistan point of view, they should continue their effort for self reliance but in the interim, this will be a desirable relief.

:cheers:

They won't take the offer. It allows India some strategic advantage over them (however little it is). Although, I hope they do. More $$$ for us.

Good move by India....wether they accept the offer or not....shouldnt be a big concern for us.

Nice move to ridicule. I remember, there was a time we offered Electricity to India. And after privitising the plants, we lost that.

Do we really have surplus electricity? We should fulfill our needs then worry about others, and why sell at cheap rates:confused: Its no charity, its publics tax money!

Gujarat has 12K MW plants while only need 5K MW. Other states don't seek Gujarat for electricity which makes power production underutilized. Moreover excess electricity from Gujarat to Bihar would be costlier. I think its good move and even in my past post, I have wished this things to happen.

Do we really have surplus electricity? We should fulfill our needs then worry about others, and why sell at cheap rates:confused: Its no charity, its publics tax money!

It would not be cheap. It might for Pakistan as their rates are around 8-12 Rs. while in India its 4 Rs. Therefore India can sell the electricity at 9-10 Rs. I guess.

It would not be cheap. It might for Pakistan as their rates are around 8-12 Rs. while in India its 4 Rs. Therefore India can sell the electricity at 9-10 Rs. I guess.

Ah that makes sense, don't we have a national grid in India?

Why will Pakistan buy form us, Is there any way we can export this electricty to UAE or other middle east countries, then Pakistan can buy from them at higher rate.

Back
Top Bottom