What's new

India offers to export electricity to Pakistan

Pakistan should accept this offer because this is the the time when Pakistan's economy is building up energy is one of the major factor hindering it. This will also develop trade relations which is good for both

There is already another thread already running on the same topic.

Zardari Govt is so lazy to accept even Chinese, UAE, US offers for cheap and free electricity dont know if they can move on this

Doesnt sound like a feasible idea because India itself has many shortfalls of electricity during the peak season.
and import electricity is ought to be expensive.

Yeah..Why doesn't Congress govt. decide to EXPORT electricity to Bihar for a change...
We are having 15 hours power cut in the summer season which can be stretched to 24 hours at will...

It makes sense for Indian state of Gujrat to export any surplus to Pakistan. Yes, there are national grids but electricity losses over long distance make it too costly to send to long distances.
Pakistan should take it if it is cost efficient. Pakistan's economy needs it badly. And may be this will be one more real 'confidence building measure' to lead toward the eventual and inevitable peace between the two countries.

Doesnt sound like a feasible idea because India itself has many shortfalls of electricity during the peak season.
and import electricity is ought to be expensive.

Probably not correct. I have been for months in Rajasthan and Gujarat. In Rajasthan I live in very small town and hardly there is shortfall. Only time light goes off is the time of rainy season, since that small town have wire opens.

In Gujarat, electricity company has to put forward notice in advance of light getting off any day. They put notice in national newspaper that for that particular Light will go off for 1 hour in particular areas as some electricity grid parts will be replaced. I have not seen any bijli off in the last 2 years. And if you call how much avg. here light goes, than I will tell its like 1 hour avg. each year.

Although there is do shortfall of electricity at some places in Maharastra, Bihar, UP because of problem with utilization of electricity and lack of proper grid lines. But we are constructing more than our needs in the coming days.

So Figures crossed. We might be exporting you in near future.

One more thing India has objective of Power for All by 2012. Probably 2012 is overestimated, we can have power to all by 2020 atleast.

It was 121000 in 2001
It is now 180000 in 2011
Although not substantial increase but lot of power projects are in pipeline. This is because private sector policy was announced just few years back.

Probably not correct. I have been for months in Rajasthan and Gujarat. In Rajasthan I live in very small town and hardly there is shortfall. Only time light goes off is the time of rainy season, since that small town have wire opens.

In Gujarat, electricity company has to put forward notice in advance of light getting off any day. They put notice in national newspaper that for that particular Light will go off for 1 hour in particular areas as some electricity grid parts will be replaced. I have not seen any bijli off in the last 2 years. And if you call how much avg. here light goes, than I will tell its like 1 hour avg. each year.

Although there is do shortfall of electricity at some places in Maharastra, Bihar, UP because of problem with utilization of electricity and lack of proper grid lines. But we are constructing more than our needs in the coming days.

So Figures crossed. We might be exporting you in near future.

One more thing India has objective of Power for All by 2012. Probably 2012 is overestimated, we can have power to all by 2020 atleast.

Tamil Nadu( except chennai ) has power cut for 2hrs. Andhra has power cut for 3hrs, Kerala- if monsoon is good then no power cut.

Gujarat is the only place i have lived and not faced power cut of even 5 min in 2 years.

We ain't going to take it you know why?

Pakistan was offered these following:

China offered to take control of Pakistan supply lines, they promised no more power cuts and it will be $3 per unit. Pakistan goverment declined.
Source of your news?

It never happened Sir,

3 dollars per unit? loll i am sure you meant 3 cents per unit. 3 dollars is 100 times more expensive than what you are thinking
Iran offered is energy for $5 per unit. Again Pakistan goverment declined.
5 dollars? i think you want to say 5 cents

no actually Iran never offered us electricity for 5 cents per unit. These rumors appears and disappears from Pakistani public but it has nothing to do with reality i am afraid

Iran offered us cheap electricity for 8 rupees per unit if I am not wrong... that is still cheaper than Rental power projects though. Both countries are still under negotiation and the transmitters are supposed to be laid by 2015.
UAE offered to build a free Power Plant for Pakistan, again Pakistan goverment declined.
lol, UAE offered "used" - "free" power plant of 325MW that uses gas to generate electricity and the whole plant is assembled in Karachi. If I am not wrong they offered two, 1 assembled in Faisalabad second in Karachi. So this offer was never rejected
Now USA has offered us $15 per unit of enegy and guess waht The Pakistan Goverment accepted that sh*T.

That's how corrupt our goverment is.
:mad:
wa la hawla wala quwwata :lol:

15 dollars nahi uncle, 15 cents kaho

nahi nahi USA never offered us energy for 15 cents per unit. Pakistan hired turkish ship to generate electricty at Karachi sea, that rental power project cost us 15 cents per unit. Other than that there is hardly any rental power project that costs 15 cents per unit. Most of them are between 12-14 cents.

No, if USA would have installed energy projects in Pakistan, it would be costing half the price than this. In fact whatever USA is installing is a combination of Hydro and Wind power projects... so their generation cost is at least 4 times lower than this.

Yeah..Why doesn't Congress govt. decide to EXPORT electricity to Bihar for a change...
We are having 15 hours power cut in the summer season which can be stretched to 24 hours at will...

Lagta hai janab ki dua lag gai.

Coming up in Bihar, thermal, biomass power plants

Patna, April 14 (IANS) Electricity-starved Bihar is setting up five thermal power plants of 7,900 MW capacity and others based on gas and biomass, say officials adding the sector has attracted private investment worth hundreds of crores of rupees.

‘More than anything, Bihar attracted private investment in the power sector till March 31,’ said an official of the Bihar State Investment Promotion Board (SIPB).

The thermal power plants, of 1,320 MW each, will be set up at Kajra in Lakhisarai, Piparpainti in Bhagalpur, Areraj in East Champaran and one in Banka district. Besides, a plant of 2,640 MW will be set up at Rajauli in Nawada district.

‘The proposal for establishing five new thermal power plants has been approved by the government,’ an official said.

According to official sources, the plant in Lakhisarai is estimated to cost Rs.8,343 crore, Piparpainti Rs.7,374 crore, Areraj Rs.7,300 crore, Banka Rs.7,960 crore and Rajauli power plant Rs.14,800 crore.

SIPB officials said investment proposals to set up gas- and biomass-based power plants in Rohtas, Gaya and Kaimur districts have also been cleared.

Industry Minister Renu Kumari Kushwaha said changing Bihar had attracted private investors.

‘Big and small industrialists are showing a keen interest in Bihar after Chief Minister Nitish Kumar initiated measures to develop infrastructure, including power,’ she said.

After fulfilling the dream of good roads in Bihar in his first term as chief minister, Nitish Kumar now wants to make a difference in the power sector during his second stint.

Coming up in Bihar, thermal, biomass power plants | CalcuttaTube

one of the main advantages of living in mumbai is that there is no power cut...but situation may change as heat increases...
i guess we are offering pakistan electricity which will go waste if connected in our national grid..its just a guess

Tamil Nadu( except chennai ) has power cut for 2hrs. Andhra has power cut for 3hrs, Kerala- if monsoon is good then no power cut.

Gujarat is the only place i have lived and not faced power cut of even 5 min in 2 years.

Looking forward for similar kind words from other ppl.

Look at electricity production stats - States of India by installed power capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gujarat consumption is just around 5000 MW while it produce 15000 MW and soon going to add another 15000 from private investor and 6000 from Kalpasar Project. So, Total of 40000 MW by 2020 is expected. Gujarat Chief Minister in his speech in WB said that "if even electricity goes for 5 Minutes in Gujarat, ppl start blaming me because I have set so much high standards for Gujarat's people".

Looking forward for similar kind words from other ppl.

Look at electricity production stats - States of India by installed power capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gujarat consumption is just around 5000 MW while it produce 15000 MW and soon going to add another 15000 from private investor and 6000 from Kalpasar Project. So, Total of 40000 MW by 2020 is expected. Gujarat Chief Minister in his speech in WB said that "if even electricity goes for 5 Minutes in Gujarat, ppl start blaming me because I have set so much high standards for Gujarat's people".

Gujarat power consumption is only 5000 MW because all major process industries there have their own Captive power plant to run their industries and the excess power is sold to GEB through feeder wires of GETCO installed in every company...brilliant!!

Gujarat power consumption is only 5000 MW because all major process industries there have their own Captive power plant to run their industries and the excess power is sold to GEB through feeder wires of GETCO installed in every company...brilliant!!

Definitely True. As per new policy of Gujarat Urban Society. Each city which is developed totally new and for first time must have its own electricity plant. E.g. is GIFT city Electricity Plant coming up for the upcoming Financial center GIFT City around 900 MW.

Back
Top Bottom