What's new

India offers to resume talks with Pakistan

India shouldn't talk at all.. Not now, nor when the terrorist attacks resume.. Our netas have already done a lot of talking, And now our media is doing its part.. We Indians are fed up of all these talking.. Our SARKAAR has been talking to them for 6 decades now.. Is there still anything left to talk about?.. The guys in the Big building on the Raisina hills must be one hell of a GUPPBAZ lot..:blah:

Honestly, we should walk the Israeli path and shed this show-off of our Gandhian Values.. The next time they show their interest to support their favorite FREEDOM FIGHTERS again, we should quietly send in some more money-orders to the freedom fighters in SWAT and FATA.. :sniper: That would do the trick better than talking and talking and talking forever:cheers:

BAHERON KO SUNANE KE LIYE BOMB KI ZAROORAT HOTI HAI, GAPPON KI NAHIN...:pop:

May be they are already doing that..

Well. talks can happen in all fronts except kashmir, coz this not the right time to talk about kashmir, our countries have serious trust deficit.. unless that is cleared there wont be any positive outcome regarding kashmir. All our efforts should be to build the TRUST for now... and rest will all follow.

^^
u forgot russian girl we dating from record time :)

Sorry boss.. Itni ladkiyan hain ki saala pata hi nahin chalta kab, kisko date maar rahe hain..:cheesy:
Thanks for pointing that out though..
The Svetlanas and Natashas must be waiting:smitten:..
10+ billion dollars ka kamaal hai you kno..:devil:

The theory is that progress on the political front - in my ideal, seeking peaceful competition between India and Pakistan for Kashmiris' affections - will encourage the dismantling of the terror networks by the current GoP. If India continues to stall, that will rob Pakistanis of their hopes for a peaceful resolution and thus encourage future terror attacks - or at least greater Pakistani militancy.

Why should you not go for a talk with the Taliban Govt in Afgan after the 9/11:usflag:????:hitwall: why r u attack the small country????:hitwall:

Rules are for every one:yahoo::smokin:

That's my point! The way things are now, terror attacks give the militants political leverage to stop improving relations. That's why declaring that talks will continue no matter what will de-fang attacks - except against the negotiating principals, perhaps.

If another terror struck happens after the Peace Talk what should we do, Plz give some suggestion to us:what::what::what:

If the channel to Pakistan is open, ask Pakistan for a public response and see what happens - and keep the mouths of ministers and generals shut about possible military responses. No upping the alertness of air, sea, or border forces. And make sure that India's lack of response is publicized as much as possible...

Ugh, I'm giving Indians advice about how to appear holier-than-thou to the world! Sort of like selling snow to Eskimos, isn't it?

None of the Indian pre-conditions for dialog have been met, and yet India has decided on resuming the dialog with its neighbor to the West. Why this sudden change of heart? Does it have anything to do with the rapidly changing dynamics in Afghanistan?

Well, it is not a coincidence that India's offer of talks came soon after global powers endorsed an Afghan plan at a conference in London late last month to seek reconciliation with the Taliban in which Pakistan is expected to play a major role.
The US and NATO nations' pursuit of dialog with the Taliban is a clear indication of their plans to exit Afghanistan soon.

The American and NATO plans are probably causing growing fears among the Indian elite of being shut out of a potential deal with Pakistan over the future of Afghanistan. Such a deal could bring back the dynamics of the 1990s, a situation unacceptable to India.

Haq's Musings: US Afghan Exit : Trigger For India to Talk to Pak?

Can someone please pick up the phone its ringing all day , its distrubing my beauti nap ....

Hellooo........who ... Manmohan ji... tusi raat ho phone kion kerta hai???Its 4 am go to sleep? sone de mujh ko.......oh ...sorry wrong number .hann ji.. k ... bye....PLEASE.. sir ji ...don't call my home at night ...yes... ji ji ...ok ki...bye

None of the Indian pre-conditions for dialog have been met, and yet India has decided on resuming the dialog with its neighbor to the West. Why this sudden change of heart? Does it have anything to do with the rapidly changing dynamics in Afghanistan?

Well, it is not a coincidence that India's offer of talks came soon after global powers endorsed an Afghan plan at a conference in London late last month to seek reconciliation with the Taliban in which Pakistan is expected to play a major role.
The US and NATO nations' pursuit of dialog with the Taliban is a clear indication of their plans to exit Afghanistan soon.

The American and NATO plans are probably causing growing fears among the Indian elite of being shut out of a potential deal with Pakistan over the future of Afghanistan. Such a deal could bring back the dynamics of the 1990s, a situation unacceptable to India.

Haq's Musings: US Afghan Exit : Trigger For India to Talk to Pak?

Do you really believe that India is talking to Pakistan in hope that Pakistan will help India have a role in Afghanistan IFUS exits.?

Lets just see what comes out of these talks.. I persoanlly believe they are just lip service to show the world that India is not being rigid on this.

If the channel to Pakistan is open, ask Pakistan for a public response and see what happens - and keep the mouths of ministers and generals shut about possible military responses. No upping the alertness of air, sea, or border forces. And make sure that India's lack of response is publicized as much as possible...

Ugh, I'm giving Indians advice about how to appear holier-than-thou to the world! Sort of like selling snow to Eskimos, isn't it?
Attempting a response and failing to do so and responding are two different things

There were at least 2 major airspace violations with Su-30s involved. Pakistani response was just too swift for India to have caused any damage.

India even tried to hurt our economy by dumping its own Basmati rice, selling it for a loss (GoI subsidized). It backfired when the markets stuck to the Pakistani quality rice and the lower price made Indian rice be perceived as poorer quality.

India's been jumping up and down, we've just been able to counter them in every move. NOW they want to talk. It's not for a lack of response but failure of response.

Do you really believe that India is talking to Pakistan in hope that Pakistan will help India have a role in Afghanistan IFUS exits.?

Lets just see what comes out of these talks.. I persoanlly believe they are just lip service to show the world that India is not being rigid on this.

I think a conclusion of the Kashmir deal which was close when three years of secret India-Pak talks broken off in 2008 would offer a quid pro quo to Pakistan to tolerate Indian presence in Afghanistan.

With Kashmir issue out of the way and the end of Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan, the whole dynamics in South Asia could change toward relative peace and stability.

Attempting a response and failing to do so and responding are two different things

There were at least 2 major airspace violations with Su-30s involved. Pakistani response was just too swift for India to have caused any damage.

India even tried to hurt our economy by dumping its own Basmati rice, selling it for a loss (GoI subsidized).
It backfired when the markets stuck to the Pakistani quality rice and the lower price made Indian rice be perceived as poorer quality.

India's been jumping up and down, we've just been able to counter them in every move. NOW they want to talk. It's not for a lack of response but failure of response.

Asim

At the risk of sounding flippant...

Why would India waste its energies trying to hurt Pakistan's economy. Pakistan is doing a pretty good job there itself..

And really, I dont know why is there such a hulla on these talks..Lets watch the agenda and result first.. I remember reading the below in some other forum.

Diplomacy is the art of saying Nice Doggie till you can find a rock

Note:
Its a quote picked up verbatim and is in no intended to demean Pakistan. Please take it in the context I have written it in..

I think a conclusion of the Kashmir deal which was close when three years of secret India-Pak talks broken off in 2008 would offer a quid pro quo to Pakistan to tolerate Indian presence in Afghanistan.

With Kashmir issue out of the way and the end of Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan, the whole dynamics in South Asia could change toward relative peace and stability.

Insha allah...

I can only hope that the Kashmir deal is palatable to the majority on both sides. If they can do this, I will be a forever fan of Zardari/Gilani/Kayani/Manmohan combination..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom