What's new

India plans to establish two more missile testing ranges

sorry mate, I don't have any more information regarding staus & details of new GT engine.But from AI-2013 you can expect this to have TVC and round nozzles

No no no I mean when did it start , who is nodel agency and are they doing it on their own as usual or getting any forgine help in term of consultancy or JV ???

I am not interested in the targets they set for themself right now.

I tried to find about the said project but couldn't get any info. All I could find was AMCA has not yet narrow down the engine. So I though it would be off shelf and not a NEW development
@sancho @Abingdonboy @arp2041 any extra info

Last edited by a moderator:
No no no I mean when did it start , who is nodel agency and are they doing it on their own as usual or getting any forgine help in term of consultancy or JV ???

I am not interested in the targets they set for themself right now.

I tried to find about the said project but couldn't get any info. All I could find was AMCA has not yet narrow down the engine. So I though it would be off shelf and not a NEW development
@sancho @Abingdonboy @arp2041 any extra info

Both I guess, we could used GE 414 lincense produced in India, if we can modify them back for the use in twin engine fighters. But the general idea is, to integrate a Kaveri K10 into AMCA, because DRDO is desperately trying to find an application for the engine, to not make it look as a failure. The problem is, they admitedly can't do it alone and that's why a partner might be searched, that could at least provides certain parts to fix Kaveris problems and reach the required thrust. All in all though, it will be a new engine development, but depending on who will partner, we could simply divert high altitude engine test to that country, if they have the facilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both I guess, we could used GE 414 lincense produced in India, if we can modify them back for the use in twin engine fighters. But the general idea is, to integrate a Kaveri K10 into AMCA, because DRDO is desperately trying to find an application for the engine, to not make it look as a failure. The problem is, they admitedly can't do it alone and that's why a partner might be searched, that could at least provides certain parts to fix Kaveris problems and reach the required thrust. All in all though, it will be a new engine development, but depending on who will partner, we could simply divert high altitude engine test to that country, if they have the facilities.

We or General ElectriC guys???

We or General ElectriC guys???

That's the question, we have fixed the licence production for the single engine fighter version, which is different from the one used in the Super Hornet. Depending on how much modification is needed, we might do it alone (with GEs approval), or we might their help and they will provide the engines of the shelf.

New Delhi: India's Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) will set up missile test ranges in Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Andhra Pradesh and the process has been initiated to acquire land, the government said on Wednesday.

Defence Minister AK Antony told the Rajya Sabha that the DRDO had proposed to set up a missile test range each at Rutland Island in Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Nagayalanka in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh.

"Both the projects for setting up of the missile test ranges are at the initial planning stages and land acquisition process is on," he said.

"These projects would be sanctioned after the proposals are cleared by the Ministry of Environment and Forests and the revenue authorities," he said.
India plans missile test ranges in Andhra, Andamans
Where will the longest missile of Indian kitty will reach if launched from these two location? Do we have any picture designer here?

well If Narendra Modi (Namo) will be heard about it he will give his proposal for providing test range at the Gujarat.

although I think the MP is good state at its middle there could be possibility to built all types centres for militery with missile test range. just guess work.

I hope this does not disturb the sensitive ecology or the tribals there in Andamans..

Good - more missile ranges needed out of the country as well

Back
Top Bottom