What's new

India plans to procure 22 AH-64D Block III Apache Helicopters

Parashuram is right but one has to take into consider the threat perception of India and that of Brazil. We simply don't have enough industrial base to sustain our defence need but efforts are being taken as we speak for self-reliance in defence sector. Before 2000 we simply didn't have enough money for doing the R&D. Now when we have, we buy some stuffs off the shelf and invest some in indigenous industry for futuristic purpose.

You Indians really believe in buying off the shelf compared to attempting to make your own, don't you? Just out of curiosity, I have been noticing that most of your threads in this section are always related to acquiring foreign made systems.

Even Brazil the second emerging country apart from Russia and China besides you in the B.R.I.C. has a strong and emerging indigenous industry. Your indigenous defence scientific base really needs to pick up if you really want to be considered a significant global influence. The Chinese are far ahead in terms of producing indigenous defence goods compared to your country.

Buying Apache is a good move, it will give them ideas on where to place emphasis on in their indigenous project. Sometimes, foreign tech helps in giving ideas on what kind of capabilities can exist.

Buying Apache is a good move, it will give them ideas on where to place emphasis on in their indigenous project. Sometimes, foreign tech helps in giving ideas on what kind of capabilities can exist.

I think India should focus on buying top of the line weaponry instead of self development. Or India can request joint venture. Joint venture or purchase produced weapons like MKI, bramos or American hardwares. self development produce projects like LCA or Arjon. Just imaging how much would Indian arm forces get if India focus on purchase proven products instead of waste money on failed domestic projects.

This was an unwanted statement..Parshuram is one of the most open minded Poster here..
How come it is open minded. I even agreed with him that we still need to work in this field to prove ourself but he has to acknowledge what we have done and stop pressing on what what we never wanted.
By the way the name Parshuram is cool. I hope there would be some weapon on this name in the future.
I think India should focus on buying top of the line weaponry instead of self development.
We can not always depend on people all the time. The technologies in which we are far behind and lack knowledge, we buy them top of the shelf. But on the other hand we have to develop indigenous capability to stop our dependence on others.

Or India can request joint venture. Joint venture or purchase produced weapons like MKI, bramos or American hardwares.
Yeah, JV's are also nice move and India is moving forward with many of them. There are couple of JV with Israel, France and many with Russia. There are talks with US also. Apart from this all the major defense companies have tie up or JV with atleast 2 or 3 of Indian companies.
Let me give you an example : There was new venture created between a Kolkatta based IT firm, GRSE and French DCNS. They will work together in future to develop warship and in the beginning they will compete for project 17A.

I think India should focus on buying top of the line weaponry instead of self development. Or India can request joint venture. Joint venture or purchase produced weapons like MKI, bramos or American hardwares. self development produce projects like LCA or Arjon. Just imaging how much would Indian arm forces get if India focus on purchase proven products instead of waste money on failed domestic projects.

NO for long term goals we cant depend on other countries may be we may fail initially but we have many success stories also like our navy is mostly indigenous and dhruv and our missiles and many more even our space sector is also a par with other countries so its better we develop on our selves because its comes with no sanctions

BS...you posted in other threads making fun of the fact that INdia purchases everything. Joint ventures help but 110% indigenous is needed. I see by your statement you have lost all credibility with me. I guess you can only focus on examples that haven't been highly successful but successful nonetheless. How about taking a look at our indigenous missile systems, trucks, ships, etc.

BS...you posted in other threads making fun of the fact that INdia purchases everything. Joint ventures help but 110% indigenous is needed. I see by your statement you have lost all credibility with me. I guess you can only focus on examples that haven't been highly successful but successful nonetheless. How about taking a look at our indigenous missile systems, trucks, ships, etc.

I lost credibility with you because I point out the obvious facts that India should spend its money wisely instead of wasting it on something that is way over its head. I understand there are something India can manufacture and it should manufacture them. However, for other things, India should just purchase them.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Also, if you are India, be proud enough to use Indian flag.

LCA is not a failed project only a fool will think otherwise the things u learn such as composites, wind tunnels, aircraft design will be used in used in future projects.

So according to your logic your J10 is waste of money and about engine program that is the worse case of failure i think you should scrap it and totally rely of Russian engines

LCA is not a failed project only a fool will think otherwise the things u learn such as composites, wind tunnels, aircraft design will be used in used in future projects.

Ok...India had learn how to not run a project and develop the infrastructure to run the project. All these infrastructure cost a lot of money that could be use to purchase more apache. Its just different priority to spend the money.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom