What's new

India plans to upgrade T-90 Main Battle Tank

T-90_Bhisma_cropped.jpg

According to latest media reports, India plans to upgrade Russian made T-90 tanks with latest technologies to keep it modern and fighting fit for next decade, Indian authorities have all ready had a meeting with makers of the tank in Russia recently and are planning on list of key technologies which will be part of the major upgrades planned by India.

Russia had showcased T-90MS upgraded tank in last defence expo and were keen to sale it to India, but India will be working in incorporating some local technologies in tank along with some Russian equipment s and are not interested in purchasing upgraded tank offered by Russia.

Major upgrades to the tanks planned is Automatic Target tracker which once locked will track the target in auto mode with full 360 degree coverage without inputs from gunner; another upgrade planned will be see improved Thermal Imager for better Night Fighting capability. Most of the upgrades planned with enhance tanks fighting in modern warfare.

Link - India plans to upgrade T-90 Main Battle Tank | idrw.org

How many India has now and how many they are planning to get from Russia?

They keep on upgrading this tank and plan well in advance but no to Arjun. I know its heavy butu do something for it yaar. Its our tank anyway.

Both T-90 and Arjuns are for different roles. Arjun is a good parade tank in India to show Indian people that India can build tanks. But in real battles, India will rely on T-90 and T-72.

Both T-90 and Arjuns are for different roles. Arjun is a good parade tank in India to show Indian people that India can build tanks. But in real battles, India will rely on T-90 and T-72.

Really?? you think countries like India spends billions of dollars on indigenous tanks just to march them on parades?? Let me guess how many indigenous tanks China have used in a war?? Tiananmen Square I guess but that wasn't a war. was it??

Really?? you think countries like India spends billions of dollars on indigenous tanks just to march them on parades?? Let me guess how many indigenous tanks China have used in a war?? Tiananmen Square I guess but that wasn't a war. was it??

Well, I'm talking about the purpose of each tank in India. Its no shame to admit to the purpose of each role.

Well, I'm talking about the purpose of each tank in India. Its no shame to admit to the purpose of each role.

How do you know ??
Care to explain ???

What are the criteria you put to your test besides pull out of certain place ???

Why you Chinese are even present on different forums, bringing quality of discussion down and forcing others to be blunt with you. One may take a Pakistani poster's comment seriously on Tanks but it just doesn't look good on you people who have zero experience on Tanks wars to rant anything.

Arjun's a superior tank with better armour and gun.T-90 scores in mobility and logistics.IA staff chose t-90 mainly for logistics,but our future tank is to be based on arjun alone as FMBT was scraped and replaced with arjun mk3.

How many India has now and how many they are planning to get from Russia?

800 now,1658 total.Indian t-90 are different with more upgrades than base t-90.They have french thermal viewers and targeting equipment,air conditioners,indian composite armour from arjun etc.

Nope Indian weapons are NOT like Chinese ones which has inferior design and copied technologies!

Kanchan is present on a number of T-90s already.

Are your guns accurate enough to hit a particular point? If they are,
then let me have the pleasure of telling you, so can our's!

It's not a problem to find PA tank's weak spot and fire it up.

kid its not a VS thread and please don't show your mentality……
go on and catch someone else for trolling……
here I am talking about armour not about Tanks and two countries and comparison…:yu:
IA don't wanna upgrade its armour?? Its fine with me i don't have any prob……:wave:

Arjun's a superior tank with better armour and gun.T-90 scores in mobility and logistics.IA staff chose t-90 mainly for logistics,but our future tank is to be based on arjun alone as FMBT was scraped and replaced with arjun mk3.
I am not here to argue or to troll but are you sure about superiour arjun tank gun??
its 120mm rifled gun while T-90 has 125 mm smoothbore gun(?)……
rifle has greater muzzle velocity while smoothbore has more accuracy……
and 125mm>120mm

I am not here to argue or to troll but are you sure about superiour arjun tank gun??
its 120mm rifled gun while T-90 has 125 mm smoothbore gun(?)……
rifle has greater muzzle velocity while smoothbore has more accuracy……
and 125mm>120mm

125 mm > 120 mm?tell that to rheinmetall gun on leopard or m1a2.
Challengers gun holds record for longest range combat kill.These days accuracy has more to do with electronics.
Smoothbore's best advanatge is better use of APFSDS round and more durability.So all future tanks including future versions of arjun wil have smoothbore cannon.

When i meant the gun,i mostly meant in the sense firepower that t- series tanks use carousel autoloader which limits the length of APFSDS penetrator,whereas arjun's design and manual loader will allow it to use very very long penetrators because space is available unl;ike in autoloader.So arjun design can eventually use far superior APFSDS rounds.

kid its not a VS thread and please don't show your mentality……
go on and catch someone else for trolling……
here I am talking about armour not about Tanks and two countries and comparison…:yu:
IA don't wanna upgrade its armour?? Its fine with me i don't have any prob……:wave:

It's you who started a pointless issue.

T-90 will have APS, in such a scenario, a weak point will not make much of a difference.

Who told you IA is not upgrading T-90's armor? It's only you who are
twisting facts and drawing conclusions all by yourself!

What I said was, even if there are weak spots for T-90, so are there for PA tanks, or then
any other tank, hence T-90 does not have any particular disadvantage in the field.

But I guess you are too naïve to understand that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom