What's new

India’s 2nd Carrier Ins Vishal to be Flat-Top Configuration , Navy to Freez

Yeah I know my country is a mess and we
know who are directly or indirectly
responsible for aggravating our mess.

And WHO are that
'who' of yours??Begam Khaleda Jia and her goons I guess.I would have been much happier if our GoI could be your 'who',but guess what!!You guys are lucky son of guns that GoI is headed by MMS-the weakest PM in the history of India.

ok ....supposing u r right.....
US chest thumping abt their toys, same with french , Indians chest thumping about THEIR toys manufactured by OTHERS, chinese gloating about their toys.....wat i fail to understand y r U jumping around....coz neither ur ultra rich country can afford to buy it , nor it can design its own despite having one of the largest IQ bases in the planet.
this kind of fellow are here for just making them look like a fool.. 1 thing if you have seen anything done by china then it's like as if bd have achieved that.. read their comments. They are funnier. They dont want to get in healthy argument they just want to bash indians with their cheap and mind freaking countries achievement. Or with thier dad countries achievement china..

I think it should be flat-top based carrier 60-75000 tons. Interceptors & CAP Patrols should be stealth & fighter bombers should be Rafale. E2D should be hawk-eye for navy, & midair re-fuller should be deployed on-board. That will be grate with the addition of cargo supply plane.

You are out of your damn mind,right!!Because otherwise ypu wouldn't have made such an absurd comment.Why should IN operate 2 different kinds of fighters from same AC which even USN doesn't practise??It will become a maintainance nightmare for IN for crying out loud!!Instead,a far more rational and realistic option would be to ask the Ruskies to develop a naval variant of Sukhoi PAKFA.

You are out of your damn mind,right!!Because otherwise ypu wouldn't have made such an absurd comment.Why should IN operate 2 different kinds of fighters from same AC which even USN doesn't practise??It will become a maintainance nightmare for IN for crying out loud!!Instead,a far more rational and realistic option would be to ask the Ruskies to develop a naval variant of Sukhoi PAKFA.
we dont need Mig29s to defend our carrier right ? nothing wrong in using different types on a carrier for different roles . although we should minimize the no. of types .

yeh log humesha bewkoofana chota muh or badi baat kartey hai. IAC 1 inke baap se complete ho nahi raha chaley hain IAC 2 bananey TAX money kya inke chacha ki property hai? jo kaam next 10 years main bhi shayad complete hoga uski itni badi umeed dena vyarth hai. pata nahi kyun bekar main badi badi batein kartey hai. IAC 1 complete karlo ab toh pleaseee.

i think this was displayed earlier
DSC01749.JPG

any other pics?

Be cool buddy. It was just a mere opinion of mine & you launched ballistic missile on me.:fie:
On topic: It will be feasible or not,it's question of analysis. I suggested it because stealth interceptor & cap patrol flights will ensure that in the event of war enemy doesn't know where our flights are when they are coming to attack our carrier. It gives us the edge which can be worthy of maintaining it on carrier. For attack & bombing role Rafale is more suited. If we have 40 jets(fighter) on-board,we can put 30 Rafale & 10 stealth planes or 25 Rafale & 15 Stealth planes. For this we will have to purchase around 40 Rafale & 20 stealth planes only for INS Vishal. I don't need to say anything about E2D at all. By mid air re-fuller means CV-22 Osprey navalised re-fuller version. It can be flown from land,carrier or LPDs. Cargo supply planes I guessed like french & US ones C-2 Greyhound.
Even France uses 2 type of jets from its carrier. French one carries a complement of Dassault-Breguet Super Étendard, Dassault Rafale M & US navy uses jets specialized for different roles in two categories F/A-18E/F Super Hornets and F/A-18C Hornets for your knowledge.
I think I have justified well. It is not absurd to think about it all. Hope you will appreciate work done by me.:undecided:

yeh log humesha bewkoofana chota muh or badi baat kartey hai. IAC 1 inke baap se complete ho nahi raha chaley hain IAC 2 bananey TAX money kya inke chacha ki property hai? jo kaam next 10 years main bhi shayad complete hoga uski itni badi umeed dena vyarth hai. pata nahi kyun bekar main badi badi batein kartey hai. IAC 1 complete karlo ab toh pleaseee.

Buddy though you are right . . But i want to say everyone ready to criticise but no one willing to work . . No one . . . Delays are because we depend on others . . From high quality metal to internal system . . How many will ready to give up a good job and come to serve armed forces , drdo, or other such job . . . . But all are ready to get a job . Where "uper ki kamai jyada ho"

Theoretically yes but the IAC-2 will NEVER carry Mig-29Ks as it will be CATOBAR configured as stated and Mig-29Ks can't operate from such a configuration.

If indeed the DND at NHQ has frozen the design of IAC-2 as a CATOBAR carrier then it means that CAT tech is forthcoming from the USA, though the IN will keep pitching for E-MALs. That will be a political decision between GOTUS and GoI. Lets see.

About the aircraft on the Carrier, the MiG-29s can be modified for Carrier CAT operations, it is technically possible. But logically Rafale-M may be a more appropriate choice. Then there is the LCA-M if it gets suitably executed. The F/A-18 is an outside choice, unless it gets tied into some package with E-MALS!
On a Carrier of the size that is being talked about, it is possible (even advisable) to have more than one kind of fixed-wing jet; depending on mission requirements. So we are likely to see that happen.
The other matter is that the talks with USA for the E-2D Hawkeye now dove-tails nicely with the idea of a CATOBAR Carrier of this size. So that is a distinct possibility. Somehow the IN's interest in the V-22 Osprey never progressed beyond the preliminary, and if a CATOBAR configuration is decided on then the Osprey will go out of mind.

Most importantly, the IN aviators have always been proponents of CATOBAR operations right from inception. When the Sea Hawks were due for retirement, the IN actively pursued A-4 Skyhawks which could have operated from the old INS Vikrant. For some time, the US even seriously considered it, then went cold. Then IN looked towards the French for the Etendards, but to operate them; the Vikrant's tired old CAT would have to be replaced. Politics of that time ruled out that as well as eventually the Etendard. So the IN then looked at the Sea Harriers. Now the Fleet Air Arm will come full circle to what they learnt to do first. And will even look to buy the Goshawk to train rookie pilots.

After IAC-2, what next? Will there another generation of an even larger Carrier to be built in India? Any views? :)

I dont see the Navy going for the F35.

The Rafale, more Mig 29ks, SU 33's, and even Naval AMCA's are all far more likely to be purchased.

Buddy though you are right . . But i want to say everyone ready to criticise but no one willing to work . . No one . . . Delays are because we depend on others . . From high quality metal to internal system . . How many will ready to give up a good job and come to serve armed forces , drdo, or other such job . . . . But all are ready to get a job . Where "uper ki kamai jyada ho"

I do not know the internal story but Infrastructure lacks in our country.

Theoretically yes but the IAC-2 will NEVER carry Mig-29Ks as it will be CATOBAR configured as stated and Mig-29Ks can't operate from such a configuration.

If the time frame we are looking at is 2025, than i think there is no chance for Rafale or F-35 to make the cut for the IAC-2. There is a serious chance of N-PAK-FA by than as the Russians themselves want an advanced (5th gen) fighter for there AC's. So if we think about the IAC-2 CBG than it will be a deadly combination for our enemies:

INS Vishal with 65k tonnes + around 30 N-PAK-FA's + Early warning systems.

P-15B's Destroyers + P-17A's Frigates + P-24 corvettes.

A DEADLY COMBINATION INDEED!!!!

Back
Top Bottom