What's new

India’s 2nd Carrier Ins Vishal to be Flat-Top Configuration , Navy to Freez

The V's confused me.
And yes, "Vikrant" was used as a helicopter carrier by the Soviets because it was so small.
Do your homework kid, you only have a few posts sonny.

For a member with so many posts I'd have thought you'd do YOUR homework. The Vikramditya is the ex-Soviet Kiev class ACC foremerly known as the Gorshkov. the INS VIKRANT is the ACC under construction right now that WILL BE floating out in 2017/18, with sea trails in 2018-19 and commissioning in late 2019/early 2020.

oh Iccewolf- nothing changes with you, does it?

INS viraat is a helicopter carrier

viraat_lengthy.jpg

The V's confused me.
And yes, "Vikrant" was used as a helicopter carrier by the Soviets because it was so small.

Kiev_1985_DN-SN-86-00684r.jpg

And small? With around 44500t, only US Supercarriers and Russian Kuznetsov class carriers are bigger, so you are basically mistaken about everything.

India couldn't make an aircraft carrier if foreign countries gave you the damn blueprints. You need Russians to operate the carrier you have now. Can't even make your own fighter jet or put a man into space but think you can make your own carriers :lol:

This is even more ridiculous than ISRO saying India will put a man on the moon by....2020!

Thank you Psyops. We see you are suffering from Delhi Belly syndrome. Next time, use your toilet to empty your Anti Indian diatribe filled bowels.

The V's confused me.

Hello kid. You seems very much confused. So it is good for go to your (what ever it is) and learn about first what is a aircraft carrier. Do not show your ignorance here. Thanks

well the rafael deal is finalised.so its just a matter of time that india's getting those rafaels.i dont know why but i feel the planner already has a masterplan and they gonna commission some rafel for the INS too. its stratigicaly too important

I think u are confused, let me clear the cloud..

a) India has procured Rafael for IAF , The IAF Rafael can't be used for NAVY.
b) India has MiG29SMT (for Airforce) and MiG29K (for NAVY)

Now come to NAVY...
1) there are 2 configuration CATOBAR (plane take off by the help of catapult, u have seen American F18 take off in movies) and STOBAR (Plaen take off on ski jump).
2) The fighter planes are designed for either catobar or satobar (its costly to change the design later)
3) MiG29K is designed as STOBAR , changing it to catobar will cost money, so MiG29K is ruled out for INS Vishal.
4) Rafael-M(Marine) is Designed CATOBAR, so we can buy it and use it...

Now come to NAVY...
1) there are 2 configuration CATOBAR (plane take off by the help of catapult, u have seen American F18 take off in movies) and SATOBAR (Plaen take off on ski jump).
2) The fighter planes are designed for either catobar or satobar (its costly to change the design later)
3) MiG29K is designed as SATOBAR , changing it to catobar will cost money, so MiG29K is ruled out for INS Vishal.

What about Naval LCA - whenever it comes out? Is it CATOBAR or SATOBAR?

Now come to NAVY...
1) there are 2 configuration CATOBAR (plane take off by the help of catapult, u have seen American F18 take off in movies) and SATOBAR (Plaen take off on ski jump).
3) MiG29K is designed as SATOBAR , changing it to catobar will cost money, so MiG29K is ruled out for INS Vishal.

It is actually STOBAR not SATOBAR .

STOBAR = Short take-off but arrested recovery.

CATOBAR = catapult-assisted take-off but arrested recovery.

What about Naval LCA - whenever it comes out? Is it CATOBAR or SATOBAR?

N-LCA is being designed as a STOBAR fighter.

What about Naval LCA - whenever it comes out? Is it CATOBAR or STOBAR?

Current Configuration on N-LCA is STOBAR. The INS Hansa (testing facility ) has Stobar ramp, on which N-LCA will be tested. The first batch of N-LCA will be STOBAR (Undoubtedly)..

Though Its my personal belief (I have heard it from some sources) that IN will force ADA/DRDO to work on CATOBAR N-LCA (May be Tech demonstrator). IN Boss are dreamer and visionary, They know what they want.. IN is dreaming of 3 CBG

Current Configuration on N-LCA is SATOBAR. The INS Hansa (testing facility ) has Satobar ramp, on which N-LCA will be tested. The first batch of N-LCA will be SATOBAR (Undoubtedly)..

Though Its my personal belief (I have heard it from some sources) that IN will force ADA/DRDO to work on CATOBAR N-LCA (May be Tech demonstrator). IN Boss are dreamer and visionary, They know what they want.. IN is dreaming of 3 CBG

Dear friend it is STOBAR not SATOBAR. Kurup already mentioned it in post #99

The V's confused me.

Do my homework? Really? Is that some sort of semi retarded comeback because you assume that I suffer from the same lack of exercising my finger muscles to do a little research that you do?

Just so you know, the first INS Vikrant, formerly the HMS Hercules was a BRITISH MADE Light aircraft carrier, only used by the Soviets in your delusional wet dreams.

Again all you're proving by bringing up my post count is that brains and post count are not mutually exclusive, but in your particular case little Mo, they are.....

But please go ahead and blame your inability to conduct research on your high post count and your misunderstanding of our "V's"

Do my homework? Really? Is that some sort of semi retarded comeback because you assume that I suffer from the same lack of exercising my finger muscles to do a little research that you do?

Just so you know, the first INS Vikrant, formerly the HMS Hercules was a BRITISH MADE Light aircraft carrier, only used by the Soviets in your delusional wet dreams.

Again all you're proving by bringing up my post count is that brains and post count are not mutually exclusive, but in your particular case little Mo, they are.....

But please go ahead and blame your inability to conduct research on your high post count and your misunderstanding of our "V's"

Bachhe ki jaan loge kya???

INS Vikrant : Bought from UK, 20,000 Tonn carrier, CATOBAR configuration (yes India has used CATOBAR carrier): Now serving as Museum..
INS Virat: Bought from UK, Hermese class carrier 20,000 tonn (approx) : STOVL (Sea Harriers): Now Active
INS Vikramaditya: Former USSR Kiev class Battle-cruiser cum Carrier. : 40,000 Tonn Class : In trials.
INS Vikrant Class Carrier : INS Vikrant: 40,000 Tonn, : STOBAR : MiG29, N-LCA : In production
INS Vikrant Class carrier : INS Virat : 65,000 Tonn, CATOBAR: Rafael-M, F35, F18,N-LCA(if CATOBAR), N-AMCA (if CATOBAR) (possibility) : status : Planned

Bachhe ki jaan loge kya???

INS Vikrant : Bought from UK, 20,000 Tonn carrier, CATOBAR configuration (yes India has used CATOBAR carrier): Now serving as Museum..
INS Virat: Bought from UK, Hermese class carrier 20,000 tonn (approx) : STOVL (Sea Harriers): Now Active
INS Vikramaditya: Former USSR Kiev class Battle-cruiser cum Carrier. : 40,000 Tonn Class : In trials.
INS Vikrant Class Carrier : INS Vikrant: 40,000 Tonn, : STOBAR : MiG29, N-LCA : In production
INS Vikrant Class carrier : INS Virat : 65,000 Tonn, CATOBAR: Rafael-M, F35, F18,N-LCA(if CATOBAR), N-AMCA (if CATOBAR) (possibility) : status : Planned

Nahin ji, magar galat information ko correct karne ke liye maine thode josh aur nashe me jawaab diya. FFS I speak hindi better drunk than I type :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom