What's new

India to launch Mars mission this year:President

What an utter waste of resources. An Indian version of the GPS? Why? GPS works well - I am not about to switch from Google Navigation of Govt. of India Navigation. The Russians already have a competitor to the GPS - it is called GLONASS - have you ever seen or even heard anyone using it? And I would rather India spend money on improving infrastructure on this planet and make India more habitable before rushing off to Mars.

Have you clued in the fact that one day the US or Russia might shut off their GPS feed to India if something goes wrong? why be dependent on someone else for something so crucial.

I can understand the need of navigation and communication sattelites for reserch purposes,even defence needs.. But cant agree on your arguments about a mars mission..Nothing but a vain attempt to upsurge regional and global players that are way ahead of the game..It's petty attempt to potray yourself imo..Where there are other more pressing needs..There are many other ways to do that

Space programs are not something that one can develop instantly - India is on its way to solving all the problems that you mentioned in your first post - it's not as if we fancy starting space programs after we have solved our problems - that would take decades more. Sri lanka being such a tiny state and a meager population is still begging for funds and donations - you neither have a space program or anything worthwhile to spend the donations and expat remunerations on - what has stopped you from developing your population?

No body can dare to question ISRO, let alone disheartened fake posters. What ISRO has done in so much less money, no else could have done it. And who else foreigners will tell us where our priorities should be or not. Another thing poverty is a banned topic if I m right. And here in our space program we are effectively earning back from the very same technologies which other super powers neglected. India doesn't spend billion of $$ on large scale as we don't have it in unlimited amount. And for what? Let me tell you,
1- saving innocent lives from natural disasters in not only but also over the world,
2- bringing the money back in India,
3- not dependent on others on greater scale,
4- using these techs in improvement of masses.
That should be enough to shut the mouth of our big loud mouth friend.

I can understand the need of navigation and communication sattelites for reserch purposes,even defence needs.. But cant agree on your arguments about a mars mission..Nothing but a vain attempt to upsurge regional and global players that are way ahead of the game..It's petty attempt to potray yourself imo..Where there are other more pressing needs..There are many other ways to do that

This mission only costs 4.5 billion rupees(450 crores) compare it to lakhs of crores Indian Govt. spends on uplifting the poor. There are some very important technologies which are to be tested with this mission which will help India. :cheers:

Have you clued in the fact that one day the US or Russia might shut off their GPS feed to India if something goes wrong? why be dependent on someone else for something so crucial.

Space programs are not something that one can develop instantly - India is on its way to solving all the problems that you mentioned in your first post - it's not as if we fancy starting space programs after we have solved our problems - that would take decades more. Sri lanka being such a tiny state and a meager population is still begging for funds and donations - you neither have a space program or anything worthwhile to spend the donations and expat remunerations on - what has stopped you from developing your population?

The second part of your reply made me realised it's useless to have a intellectual discussion with a person who's brain is as small as his D!ck..Grow up and get rid of your inferiority complex..Till then i'll stick to the more rational Indian posters here

The Mars mission will prove that ISRO is capable of carrying deep space missions and the know how gained in mission will find applications in other Fields. We will also get vast amount of data about Mars.

In nutshell, the successful Mars Mission will land India into a small club of Major Space Powers. This achievement will way bigger than Chandrayaan 1

best of luck isro.

let us make mars an indian colony.:P

best of luck isro.

let us make mars an indian colony.:P

This mission only costs 4.5 billion rupees(450 crores) compare it to lakhs of crores Indian Govt. spends on uplifting the poor. There are some very important technologies which are to be tested with this mission which will help India. :cheers:

I'm not yet convinced about the Mars programme mate.. Rationally i cant think of anything but propaganda that will achive through that..I'm not questioning India's right to it..Just rationality behind it

The second part of your reply made me realised it's useless to have a intellectual discussion with a person who's brain is as small as his D!ck..Grow up and get rid of your inferiority complex..Till then i'll stick to the more rational Indian posters here

mate, if u wanna stick to the more rational posters here , , then you gotta be rational first.so saying all these words make you and your stand rational???

hell no mate, , they make you look idiotic.

I'm not yet convinced about the Mars programme mate.. Rationally i cant think of anything but propaganda that will achive through that..I'm not questioning India's right to it..Just rationality behind it

Then obviously you had trouble finding rationality behind ISRO moon probe, which was lauded even by NASA?

This kind of missions are all about finding rare earth metals, tech testing and upgradation.

If the tech is validated they can be used for sending humans and establishing human colonies in outer space, India has will and strength to do this kind of missions.

even if it is propaganda it will place us in elite group of countries. this is called diplomacy. rational enough???

and as far as issues like poverty and education is concerned we arw taking initiatives just like you guys.

even if it is propaganda it will place us in elite group of countries. this is called diplomacy and projection of power. rational enough???

and as far as issues like poverty and education is concerned we arw taking initiatives just like you guys.

mate, if u wanna stick to the more rational posters here , , then you gotta be rational first.so saying all these words make you and your stand rational???

hell no mate, , they make you look idiotic.

This discussion is about Indias space programme and it's pro's and cons..Not about belittling other nations when you dont have leg to stand on the argument..If some of you have such insecurity discussing your own national matters it's not others fault..Stick to the subject..Or stop replying to legitimate posts with crap

This kind of missions are all about finding rare earth metals, tech testing and upgradation.

If the tech is validated they can be used for sending humans and establishing human colonies in outer space, India has will and strength to do this kind of missions.

But is this a matter of priority?? Thats my original query.. There are also may Indians out there i've come across who would have a similar view to mine..Or is it that this forum consists of many ultra nationalists?? ..Mind you not a accusation but an observation

This discussion is about Indias space programme and it's pro's and cons..Not about belittling other nations when you dont have leg to stand on the argument..If some of you have such insecurity discussing your own national matters it's not others fault..Stick to the subject..Or stop replying to legitimate posts with crap

But is this a matter of priority?? Thats my original query.. There are also may Indians out there i've come across who would have a similar view to mine..Or is it that this forum consists of many ultra nationalists?? ..Mind you not a accusation but an observation

read the second part of my post.

I say yes, since the amount is very low 450 crores compare it to welfare schemes which cost Indian Govt. lakhs of crores we can afford :coffee:.

Back
Top Bottom