What's new

India to launch Mars mission this year:President

I say yes, since the amount is very low 450 crores compare it to welfare schemes which cost Indian Govt. lakhs of crores we can afford :coffee:.

Well lets agree to disagree..I think third world countries like ours..There are more pressing needs to look at than a space mission for propaganda purposes..Defence needs excluded that is

Well lets agree to disagree..I think third world countries like ours..There are more pressing needs to look at than a space mission for propaganda purposes..Defence needs excluded that is
Read about trickle down effect of advance technologies developed in these projects that find their way in numerous industries and create competitive products.

Before passing judgement, kindly read more about what are the benefits of all these projects. Indian policy makers are damn smart than you and me.

I'm not yet convinced about the Mars programme mate.. Rationally i cant think of anything but propaganda that will achive through that..I'm not questioning India's right to it..Just rationality behind it

through the Mars program,India will demonstrate its space tech and it'll take India to a new height.More and More customer will come to us to launch their sattelites.and most important thing will be,in future,Major powers like USA will surely include us for future Mars mission.those who thought Space tech is useless 60 years ago were wrong,Cable Tv to Mobile to Satphone and other countless applications were possible due to this.plus there are talks over human settlement in mars by 2025,so countries like USA,Russia,China,Japan and India will be frontrunner of this race..its quite moronic to ask the purpose of this.moreover,directing RS. 2 bill will be a small amount of what India actually spending for poor.don't loose your sleep over this issue.

These space missions are also a path of becoming developed, ISRO is doing lot of good work ,in uplifting poor, in the areas like agriculture, weather forecasting,mieral mapping and fisheries.

India will develop if we continue the progress we made in the last decade.

Only ones who do not know the ground reality will object the missions like these. This mission also gives tech. validation for our country's security which is utmost priority.

A developed India is not enough. India must become a global power and her influence must spread all over the world... This is India's destiny and every Indian, elite and common man alike, shares this vision...

But seriously..Should'nt India's priorities be elsewhere..So many issues on poverty,Infrastructure,livelyhoods and sanitation in the country..What is India trying to prove by spending Billions on a space mission and for what?? ..The whole world already knows it's a growing economic and regional power

Have u heard of budget?? Watch Indian budget debate, Tomorrow onward Indian parliament is going thru budget session.. see how much is allocated to which work..

I believe the modern Indian state is a direct successor of the Mauryan dynasty. One can see hints of this in the Asoka chakra on the tiranga. Indeed India must reach the same heights as then and even beyond that.

These space missions are also a path of becoming developed, ISRO is doing lot of good work ,in uplifting poor, in the areas like agriculture, weather forecasting,mieral mapping and fisheries.

India will develop if we continue the progress we made in the last decade.

Only ones who do not know the ground reality will object the missions like these. This mission also gives tech. validation for our country's security which is utmost priority .

Hence i mentioned defence reserch and security..Still i dont see the connection to that and the Mars project..I reemphasise the Mars project specifically

Also i may be new to the forum but it seems apart from you and a few other posters majority of your compatriots seems to be highly strung up and even abusive when ever an outsider tries to dicuss a matter pertaining to India..After all this is a open forum and a Pakistani one at that..What is the reason for such insecurity?? Especially given the dominance of India in it's sphere anyways??

Sorry for the divertion of the topic

@Gibbs Because we are sick of posters always asking about our space mission along with talking about poverty, hunger and blah blah blah.

Problem is that they read less, talk much. You are not alone, Pakistanis, Chinese and even BDs also ask these same questions over and over again. There is a thread on Indian space capabilities.

Read it. We have explained why these projects are important.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hence i mentioned defence reserch and security..Still i dont see the connection to that and the Mars project..I reemphasise the Mars project specifically

Also i may be new to the forum but it seems apart from you and a few other posters majority of your compatriots seems to be highly strung and even abusive when ever an outsider tries to dicuss a matter pertaining to India..After all this is a open forum and a Pakistani one at that..What is the reason for such insecurity?? Especially given the dominance of India in it's sphere anyways??

Sorry for the divertion of the topic

Mate, In today's world who ever hold the space domination will hold the power to dictate, Every thing is integrated to wireless networks from mobile phones to missile and they work with satellites.
To defend one's country you must be a strong space power as well to deny enemy your space assets and to control their's. There are various technologies developed for this purpose, Satellites can be temporarily switched off(hacked) or can be rendered useless or shot down which will affect public lives(like die hard 4.0 movie). So India cannot afford to stay behind.

So space is a new frontier, China and US has already established as space powers, India is also trying to become one, for that we need tech. validation apart from enoromous other advantages these space missions bring.

Have you clued in the fact that one day the US or Russia might shut off their GPS feed to India if something goes wrong? why be dependent on someone else for something so crucial.

Space programs are not something that one can develop instantly - India is on its way to solving all the problems that you mentioned in your first post - it's not as if we fancy starting space programs after we have solved our problems - that would take decades more. Sri lanka being such a tiny state and a meager population is still begging for funds and donations - you neither have a space program or anything worthwhile to spend the donations and expat remunerations on - what has stopped you from developing your population?

Oh comeon - what is the possibility of both shutting off their feed simulteanously to India? Even the Europeans are launching their own GPS service. The Chinese too are wasting resources in developing one. In what conspiratorial universe will all shut off access to India? I don't doubt India's technical prowess - I just think if they wanted to do spend money on space activity, they can do so in the field of advance warning systems for tsunamis or other things. And seriously, what is the point of a mission to Mars except jingoistic chest thumping? If the money spent on the Mars Mission is used for irrigating Vidharba or generating more power - it would directly affect the lives of Indian citizens in a more positive way. A Mission to Mars is pretty useless.

Congrats to India , you are truly shining :)

Yaar, we have still miles to go before we can catch THE MIGHTY BD.

We want immediate tech. & R&D help from our Eastern Neighbor not to mention billions in soft loans to support our developmental projects.

I hope BD can help us with that.

:D

@Gibbs Because we are sick of posters always asking about our space mission along with talking about poverty, hunger and blah blah blah.

Problem is that they read less, talk much. You are not alone, Pakistanis, Chinese and even BDs also ask these same questions over and over again. There is a thread on Indian space capabilities.

Read it. We have explained why these projects are important.

So there cant be any divergent views simply because some of you cant discuss this in civil manner and resort abuse??? Get real.. People need not agree with you just because you post your point of view?? Then whats this freaking forum for?? I find it hilarious that majority of you suffer from a clear case of inferiority complex..Ironic that given the dominance of India in it's sphere..some of you need to grow up

If you have taken care to read my posts..I have not disputed the right of India to pursue it's space and reserch programmes but i have a contention regarding this highly propagated Mars mission..Which is a legitimate question and i'm sure i'm not alone in it

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom