What's new

India, US set to finalise aircraft carrier technology agreement

Sirjee, there is no 120 mW reactor, all is just another hogwash. Again the BARC working on new 190 mW reactor, not on any other.
There is no upgraded version of Arihant reactors sirjee.

Hope you are correct on this one!!

If this is the case then we are certainly going for Akula class.

But sorry I dont agree to that!!

Hope you are correct on this one!!

If this is the case then we are certainly going for Akula class.

But sorry I dont agree to that!!

This is not the case of agree or not. This is the case of realities and facts.

In best case scenario, the reactor goes critical in 2018, 2 Shipyards would be chooses for SSBN and SSN by 2020-21. There is France option too, to choose bigger Scorpene hull for SSN. If choosen then SSN contracts goes to MDL.

The delivery of SSN and SSBN start by 2024-26.

They will for sure. Lets see how the negotiations pan out. I cannot see any American fighter in Indian colors. Just too large gap of trust.

Given hows chips are falling in US vs China cold war, I think USA would be more trustworthy supplier than Russia in medium term. Though in long term, we too are their competitor but for that we have to build our own defence industry, rather than relying on anyone.

1. There are no plans of any Naval version of FGFA. Even land version would start rolling out properly in next decade only.

2. Russian Navy has no plan for a CATOBAR carrier. If we want CATOBAR version of FGFA, we would have to fund its development cost.

3. Even STOBAR version of FGFA would take a decade more to make its first flight.

Given that we would have to fund N-FGFA ourself, and even then it would not fly before 2025-30 period, I would say it would be much wise to convert AMCA into a CATOBAR fighter.

3.In wake of Russia moving to Chinese camp, India is trying to move away from its dependence on Russian hardware. Whole MMRCA saga was to this end only. Buying Russian hardware where western hardware could be bought would defeat that purpose.

4. When dealing in hardware whose primary use is against China, US is much more trustworthy source than Russia.
I can only agree with Point 4 here.
3. AMCA is a paper plane. They don't fly very well.
Tejas Mk-II despite all earlier development of Mk-I is going to go into production by 2022 i.e if they stick to plans this time. You may forgive me for not seeing any AMCA SP-1 coming into IAF service in the next decade.

2. Roos does have plans
Russia to invest 12 Billion Dollars into new Supercarrier +100.000Tons (90aircraft)
1. Ditto for point 2

1634522_-_main.jpg

I see the gap of trust between India and US becoming narrower in future. Who would have imagined that US will become one of the largest military supplier just 10 years ago.
But can we still risk being sanctioned. Of their military supplies, most of it is non-critical stuff, e.g. transporters etc.
Given hows chips are falling in US vs China cold war, I think USA would be more trustworthy supplier than Russia in medium term. Though in long term, we too are their competitor but for that we have to build our own defence industry, rather than relying on anyone.
Russia will likely maintain neutrality - China is NOT their biggest importer of military arms. Even if they don't at least we have a jet which is MADE IN INDIA and outfitted with either Indian, French or Israeli electronics i.e nothing of significance that the Roosis can leak to China. Geopolitics is a fickle situation. In 1962, US was arming India for a massive counter-attack,,,,,in 1971 they were encouraging China to attack. Who knows where the next Nixon will pop out from?

Won't larger reactors be easier to construct than small reactors fitted in a SSBN?

Since our carrier would be 70,000 Tonns compared to 100,000 Tonnes of Ford class, nearly 250MW output would be enough for us; which would mean 3X Arihant type reactors.
Not sure if larger reactors are easier or not.
However my point discusses a what if scenario where US offers a take it or leave it package of EMALS,F 35 C,E 3 sentry AWCS and GE gas turbines.
This is the most likely scenario.

This is not the case of agree or not. This is the case of realities and facts.

In best case scenario, the reactor goes critical in 2018, 2 Shipyards would be chooses for SSBN and SSN by 2020-21. There is France option too, to choose bigger Scorpene hull for SSN. If choosen then SSN contracts goes to MDL.

The delivery of SSN and SSBN start by 2024-26.

I dont go be the speculation.

:disagree::rofl::rofl::rofl:This is hilarious!!!

Another GEM from you!!!

My dear friend how can you convert 3-4kMT Diesel Sub(This is Max for Diesel and India has already 8kMT Arihant) to 15kMT SSBN/SSN???? (Next generation Subs are going to be 12kMT+).

I dont go be the speculation.

:disagree::rofl::rofl::rofl:This is hilarious!!!

Another GEM from you!!!

My dear friend how can you convert 3-4kMT Diesel Sub(This is Max for Diesel and India has already 8kMT Arihant) to 15kMT SSBN/SSN???? (Next generation Subs are going to be 12kMT+).

You are hilarious too, with your ignorance.

One thing for sure, the next SSN would be single hull, not double hull.

And one question I want to ask, how the akula class hull used in borei? Bro, tap your brain.

You are hilarious too, with your ignorance.

One thing for sure, the next SSN would be single hull, not double hull.

And one question I want to ask, how the akula class hull used in borei? Bro, tap your brain.

Another GEM from you!!! Do India possesses critical Double hull technology when Russia itself uses 1.5 hull technology??

Any new GYAN on India using "HYDROJet" technology.

This is the only technology left India to use.

Hope you are having "Insider Inputs" on the use of this also!11

Another GEM from you!!! Do India possesses critical Double hull technology when Russia itself uses 1.5 hull technology??

Any new GYAN on India using "HYDROJet" technology.

This is the only technology left India to use.

Hope you are having "Insider Inputs" on the use of this also!11

Another idiotic statement form you,

What I said FRENCH option, India can use or derive spinoff of Scorpene hull for its SSN without French help? Why you such a moron, that I need to tell everything.

3. AMCA is a paper plane. They don't fly very well.
Tejas Mk-II despite all earlier development of Mk-I is going to go into production by 2022 i.e if they stick to plans this time. You may forgive me for not seeing any AMCA SP-1 coming into IAF service in the next decade.

So is N-FGFA.

As of now even configuration of N-FGFA ,if there would be any, is not decided. Even this is not clear as to whether Russia would go for Naval version of FGFA or build a new plane (probably from Mig) from scratch, or whether it would go for a fight gen carrier capable plane at all, or keep on fielding Mig-29K's from its Aircraft carriers.

N-FGFA being inducted into service in any Navy in next decade would be as big a miracle as AMCA getting inducted in IAF in next decade.

More of a dream for now.

Russia ,atm, is bankrupt, and has much pressing needs for modernization in other critical sectors (Strategic bombers, Destroyers , Airforce/FGFA, Tanks/Armata) than building a supercarrier.

Russia will likely maintain neutrality - China is NOT their biggest importer of military arms. Even if they don't at least we have a jet which is MADE IN INDIA and outfitted with either Indian, French or Israeli electronics i.e nothing of significance that the Roosis can leak to China. Geopolitics is a fickle situation. In 1962, US was arming India for a massive counter-attack,,,,,in 1971 they were encouraging China to attack. Who knows where the next Nixon will pop out from?

The weakness of Russia resulting from crashing prices of Oil would make them incrementally more dependent on China.

And today if a Nixon pop out ,it would be party time for India. Geopolitical situation has changed. Today China is a rival of USA and if USA does not contain it, China would destroy their hegemony, and because of China being "not so friendly" country to India, our interest converge with USA ATM (pretty much like how USSR was rival in cold war era ,and China due to its problem with USSR become a temporary ally of USA).

A hawk like Nixon would serve India well. In recent memory, G.W. Bush was best US president from Indian POV.

Another idiotic statement form you,

What I said FRENCH option, India can use or derive spinoff of Scorpene hull for its SSN without French help? Why you such a moron, that I need to tell everything.

Bhai Saheb!! That suits to the countries which do not possess the technology to manufacture Nuclear Submarine and drastically need to break the technological barrier.

You go for 4kMT+ large Hull fitted with Nuclear Reactor, though much smaller in size but it solves the purpose.

Brazil is just an example of that.

Bhai Saheb!! That suits to the countries which do not possess the technology to manufacture Nuclear Submarine and drastically need to break the technological barrier.

You go for 4kMT+ large Hull fitted with Nuclear Reactor, though much smaller in size but it solves the purpose.

Brazil is just an example of that.

Bhai sahab, we doesnt have single hull technology.
This is simple as that, and if we want to manufacture single hull SSN, we need European help. And only French is viable option.

Back
Top Bottom