What's new

India vehemently ratifies the two nation theory after 8 decades of denial.

Neither Pakistanis nor Mr.Jinnah are responsible if you are misinterpreting his words ( intentionally or not ) . This isn't what it remotely says where they wont have to live with Hindus , the magic word I believe is domination and them having all power . The second guarantees the minorities equal status and rights , but under a Islamic democratic system .

What do you interpret by the quote Hindus and Muslims are different nations and can't evolved as a common nationality. Infact, most of the people interpreted it as Muslims won't have to live with Hindus-Sikhs after getting their Pakistan. Another funny thing I observed is obsession among Pakistanis to preserve the purity of Urdu from the Indians forgetting the fact the language evolved having Hindus around in UP, not in Punjab. :lol::lol:

Not validation but confirmation - there is a difference.

Both are from the same family of languages, and one who speaks one, can easily learn the other.

Sorry, Punjabi and Pashto are like Persian and Greek. No similarity.

Damn, these evil Indians, they tried really hard to look away from the truth for all these years. But finally have to give in the reality.
Satyamev jayate !!

Not validation but confirmation - there is a difference.

See it yourself the difference between the people East and West of Indus. ;)

PK_s_rgb.png

Who started this thread trying to validate two nation theory based on BJP's landslide victory in the general election in some other country. ;) BTW, most of modern generation Pakistanis themselves find Two Nation Theory insufficient to claim a distinct Pakistani identity, now they are found new theories like White Nordic Pakistanis are different people from 'darker' Indians or how Pakistanis are only similar to 3% Indians. 8-)8-)

Leave this thread for a moment . The next time you are commenting on a Pakistan related thread how TNT failed , is failing or will fail , do remember your own comment here that it doesn't concern you at all . I have seen enough to not agree with " it do not matter to us " in the same forums which whilst not being a true representative of any country or its people still gives a pretty good idea of general mindset . I know of , no other prevalent theories amongst the young population . It has always been about the religion rather than race or color .

And the Spaghetti Monster is real , right ? :D

I know for a fact because half of my family - the women - wouldn't be able to point out Pakistan on a blank world map forgetting about the 18% Indians who cannot read a global map - so safely, I can presume that half of India doesn't know where Pakistan is or what it's borders are :D, South Indians anways aren't keen on Indo Pakistani relations news anyways.

Leave this thread for a moment . The next time you are commenting on a Pakistan related thread how TNT failed , is failing or will fail , do remember your own comment here that it doesn't concern you at all . I have seen enough to not agree with " it do not matter to us " in the same forums which whilst not being a true representative of any country or its people still gives a pretty good idea of general mindset . I know of , no other prevalent theories amongst the young population . It has always been about the religion rather than race or color .

are lalla, this thread is about India and Indian election in attempt to validate two nation theory. :jester:

With all due respect sir, i'm forced to say that you are utterly out of touch with this subject.

The new govt of India is NOT a secular govt. It is a 'Hindu Nationalist' party which has won this election mainly due to Hindu vote. The BJP hasn't even campaigned to get the Muslim vote this time around.

Secularism in India has been defeated and rejected. Its a self defeating bogus idea that only works for complexities of the Christian Anglo Saxon European cultures or sub cultures.

American narrative that secularism is the only way is just like what Lenin's narrative was for communism and it is failing just as communism did.

I understand that India has a few million fewer GOOD (not radical) Muslims vs. India. The PM-elect of India got votes from everyone, not just his party.

Pakistan has the PML, a religious party. That is their right and their choice.

It might be wise to wait and see how secular and fair the new government of India will be. I can assure you that their world trade relationships and world banking relationships will continue, not due to religion, but due to good governance in a secular sense.

Have you heard of the Christian Democratic Party in Germany?

You didn't answer, not meant to be rude on my part, why are you in Australis instead of in Pakistan?

Have a good week.

What do you interpret by the quote Hindus and Muslims are different nations and can't evolved as a common nationality. Infact, most of the people interpreted it as Muslims won't have to live with Hindus-Sikhs after getting their Pakistan. Another funny thing I observed is obsession among Pakistanis to preserve the purity of Urdu from the Indians forgetting the fact the language evolved having Hindus around in UP, not in Punjab. :lol::lol:

Briefly , cant evolve to be one or same because of their different culture and religious practices , in what universe does nationality only means that of a country . Nationality is a general word for possession or belonging to or having a legal status of . Doesn't say anywhere that Muslims will not have to live with Hindus or the minorities will not be provided equal status or rights .

You do seem to be able to see things , where none exist .

I understand that India has a few million fewer GOOD (not radical) Muslims vs. India. The PM-elect of India got votes from everyone, not just his party.

Yes 20 Muslims in the parliament (reduced) is a medal for India's egalitarianism project.

Pakistan has the PML, a religious party. That is their right and their choice.

PML is not a religious party. Jamat-i-Islami is the only Islamist political front.

It might be wise to wait and see how secular and fair the new government of India will be. I can assure you that their world trade relationships and world banking relationships will continue, not due to religion, but due to good governance in a secular sense.

International trade has to do with secularism? - This is a revelation for me.

Have you heard of the Christian Democratic Party in Germany?

The party of Angela Merkel. If elections are your measure for being a 'democrat' than Hitler too was elected.

You didn't answer, not meant to be rude on my part, why are you in Australis instead of in Pakistan?

Just like you have traveled with your work to different nations, i have to travel on my business as well. Australia is not the only nation i travel to or from.

Have a good week.

You too.

Why does India has to ratify two nation theory,It has to be done by Pakistan.

TNT was started by the belief,Muslim and Hindus cannt co-exist.Now you have Pakistan,its Pakistan to show the world Muslims can co-exist.

In India muslims have flurished,now we have the seconds biggest muslim population in the world.And the Pakistan which was created for Muslims,the situation in Pakistan is for everyone to see.

Its still not late,Pakistani muslims can co-exist among themself and prosper and prove to the world on TNT.

Even in Muslim heartlands, Modi racks up gains | Reuters

:undecided:

The new govt of India is NOT a secular govt. It is a 'Hindu Nationalist' party which has won this election mainly due to Hindu vote. The BJP hasn't even campaigned to get the Muslim vote this time around.
Go figure, India is home to 800+ million Hindus so no matter what party wins the general elections it will be because of the Hindu voters. Does that mean these Hindus voted along religious grounds? Nope. A vote for Modi was seen as a vote for development and prosperity religion was not even an issue in these elections. Your failure to understand or accept that is leading you to jump to all sorts of ridiculous assumptions.

If what you were saying was correct (all India's Hindus are radical and vote along religious grounds for the BJP then why is it since 1947 the BJP has only been in office ONCE??).

Give it up sir, who are you trying to fool?

Even in Muslim heartlands, Modi racks up gains | Reuters

India is the largest democracy in SW/SE Asia, and remains so.
It's by far the largest democracy on the PLANET sir.

The statement is self explaining. Observers like Reuters and BBC have stated the same opinion.
The above is from Reuters

Last edited:
That doesn't seem to explain the constant reminders to Pakistanis on this very forum about how the Two Nation theory not having any basis in reality or a figment of Muslim League's imagination . The way I see it , for India to appear secular , TNT has to be opposed/denied . Whatever way you try to put this victory , there's no way you can deny Modi over-usage and long term dependency on Hindu nationalist card , the reputation of BJP as an anti-Muslim political party and the historical association with VHP and RSS . These are cold hard facts that people are skipping constantly or trying to rationalize .
1. Simplistic assumptions which are only half truths
2. Passing a concluding statement that can at best be termed a sweeping generalization.

So what? Do Muslims didn't had right to have political party? Anyway ML didn't asked for separate till 1940 - way after Hindus started defining Indian nation base on Hinduism.
1. I don't oppose even Martians if they wish to party or form a party for that matter. It's just that if Muslims wish to have political party of their own and going so far as to name it Muslim, it send a strong message. The message that they are separate from the general public of India and their political aspirations can only be aptly conveyed and protected by a Muslim political party is undeniable. Right from the beginning the ML followed a no collision course with the British - that is detaching itself almost entirely from the Movement for a Free India. I don't blame them - I for one can't find fault with someone who had their motives clear.

2. The second statement presupposes that if the Indian non Muslim leadership had followed a Congress style of appeasement, the ML could support an United India. But then we are down to big ifs and buts. Besides, it is but natural that any Indian would have a bias for Indian religions. I fail to miss the dots. Also interesting is the fact that long before calling for a 'Hindu nation'(though this is fiction, there was no movement for a Hindu nation till 1940 at least)*, our Beloved Sir Illama Iqbal wrote about the need for an Islamic homeland - in contrast to simply a British free India for all. But it's easier to blame Hindus, I believe.

I don't blame Iqbal sir or any other for the matter. In retrospect it turned out for the best. Since we remained largely mushriks, a division along communal lines was a foregone conclusion. Though this itself is also a simplistic explanation. Things were far more complicated than these. @Joe Shearer will be able to provide a more detailed glimpse of the times. No offence intended.

* The writings of Savarkar in captivity or Gowalkar in 1940 does have strong sentiments for a Hindu state, but there is no doubt that they never had the clout to gather even a minute fraction of the support that a Gandhi Nehru or Azad could garner. Let's give the credit where it is due. Even the Thule society had ideas. But a strong leader calling for a Direct Action Day or passing a resolution in Lahore is far different.

All things being equal, Pakistanis are eternally grateful to the Quaid, and our forefathers for getting us a country of our own.

My Jatt clan would have never achieved as much in the last 6 decades - if not for independence.

2013_Feb7_Pakistan_Flag.jpg

Back
Top Bottom