What's new

Indian Acquisition of the Gorshkov

this deal is a soap opera,too shame it ended.it looks like russia finally realised that "blackmail" would only cause the loss of their credibility,very impressive that india cutted down $600 millions.who will be next victim.....

this deal is a soap opera,too shame it ended.it looks like russia finally realised that "blackmail" would only cause the loss of their credibility,very impressive that india cutted down $600 millions.who will be next victim.....

:smokin:

will be happy if russian is willing to sell China a few sets S-400 systems for 2.3 billion

Glad to see that India and Russia have finally reached to a negotiation. This is another sign of improved Indo-Russia friendship. This was one major block between the ties. After Obama became a president, India got a bit skeptical and it looked for allies apart from US. Indo-Russia friendship is time tested and both respect each other. This is the tight time to get this on a new level. Below is good link to read.

The Hindu : Opinion / News Analysis : Revitalising India-Russia ties

I must say India is doing a good job in diplomacy. India is having good relations with all except few unpreviledged ones!!

Why your "good" friend Russia always wants to squeeze lots of dollars from India? Is Russia a sincere friend of India? :no:

Why your "good" friend Russia always wants to squeeze lots of dollars from India? Is Russia a sincere friend of India? :no:

Do you want to say India should beg to Russia. Sadly, this is not the case. India has a healthy economy and it is capable of getting the things. BTW, ottopic but why China wants to buy thyings from a money hungry nation. Because they have good technology and it does not come free.

As for whether Russia is sincere for India, I can only laugh. :toast_sign:

Do you want to say India should beg to Russia. Sadly, this is not the case. India has a healthy economy and it is capable of getting the things. BTW, ottopic but why China wants to buy thyings from a money hungry nation. Because they have good technology and it does not come free.

As for whether Russia is sincere for India, I can only laugh. :toast_sign:

So you confirm that Russia is not a sincere friend of India?
What is the price of Gorshkov in the original contract? I think a friend should not break its promise.:no:

What is the price of Gorshkov in the original contract? I think a friend should not break its promise.:no:

Dude , Russia has always supported us. Even vetoed various sanctions against us . There should be no doubt that Russia is a long term friend.
Even if Gorkhorov terms out to be not as good as expected , its ok to pay 2.3 billion to maintain a good friend
2.3 billion is a really fair price. Even Russia would have done it in the view of friendship.

Regards

First of all, the point of discussion not here is whether Russia is a true ally of India or not. I have already made my point.

FYI, the original price of the deal was 974 million $ if I am not wrong.

russian only consider Belarus as friend

russia and china:mutual reliance,not much friendship involved,couldn't be better ,couldn't be worse.
russia and india: at least indian consider russia as a friend

Dude , Russia has always supported us. Even vetoed various sanctions against us . There should be no doubt that Russia is a long term friend.
Even if Gorkhorov terms out to be not as good as expected , its ok to pay 2.3 billion to maintain a good friend
2.3 billion is a really fair price. Even Russia would have done it in the view of friendship.

Regards
I don't think only dollars can maintain a good friendship. A friend who always cares about how to squeeze money is not a true friend . Russia was good friend of India in the past, but a little bit changing now.

I am seeing a deliberate attempt to derail the thread. Please note that thread is not open to question/discuss about two countries in general. It is more of specific to a certain deal.

Even this deal is between India and Russia, some other countrymen are asking question about the alliance!! All I can say this friendship is one of the rare cases where one country actually sent its warship for other.

People out of sheer jealousy & frustation, are trying to put offtopic comments here. Since the deal is through why should other (apart from India and Russia) has to do with it. The price issue is with India and Russia. No one else should have any say on that. Request to all to stay on topic please.

I need some clarification about these

1. How it is possible for the Russians to make a mistake in calculating the repair works. Yes its possible but how it amounts to such a huge number.
2. If i remember correctly, the Russia decided to give Gorshkov as "gift" if we buy Mig29 for the carrier
3. How long will this can be used in service.

I need some clarification about these

1. How it is possible for the Russians to make a mistake in calculating the repair works. Yes its possible but how it amounts to such a huge number.
2. If i remember correctly, the Russia decided to give Gorshkov as "gift" if we buy Mig29 for the carrier
3. How long will this can be used in service.

1 & 2.
From Wikipedia:

"On January 20, 2004, after years of negotiations, Russia and India signed a deal for the sale of the ship, the then-Admiral Gorshkov. The ship was free, while India would pay US$800 million for upgrade and refit of the ship, as well as at least an additional $1bn for the aircraft and weapons systems. The Navy looked at equipping the carrier with the E-2C, but decided not to[4]. Later Northrop Grumman offered the Advanced E-2D Hawkeye to the Indian Navy.[5]

The deal also includes the purchase of 12 single-seat Mikoyan MiG-29K 'Fulcrum-D' (Product 9.41) and 4 dual-seat MiG-29KUB aircraft (with an option for 14 more aircraft)$1bn, 6 Kamov Ka-31 "Helix" reconnaissance and anti-submarine helicopters, torpedo tubes, missile systems, and artillery units. Facilities and procedures for training pilots and technical staff, delivery of simulators, spare parts, and establishment maintenance on Indian Navy facilities are also part of the contract."

Now I am no expert but as an example in my company we were trying to migrate an old IT code to the new IT framework. The estimates that were intially presented were overshot by 100 percent i.e the intial estimates were only half of the actual cost. Happens sometimes in very big projects.

Again from Wiki

Though the official expected life span of the ship is 20 years, experts suggest it could actually be a minimum of 30 years from the time of commissioning. On completion of the modernisation, 70 per cent of the ship and its equipment will be new and remainder will have been refurbished.[2]

INS Vikramaditya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guess you have heard the word business. They are not doing it out of charity.

Finally, India agreed to pay a total of $2.3 billion but with a request for some additional equipment, and the Russians agreed to that.

friends, we are missing this point...!!!
what may the additional equipment be....??

also $2.3b is way less than $2.9b quoted earlier or $4b queens class..

I am seeing a deliberate attempt to derail the thread. Please note that thread is not open to question/discuss about two countries in general. It is more of specific to a certain deal.

Even this deal is between India and Russia, some other countrymen are asking question about the alliance!! All I can say this friendship is one of the rare cases where one country actually sent its warship for other.

People out of sheer jealousy & frustation, are trying to put offtopic comments here. Since the deal is through why should other (apart from India and Russia) has to do with it. The price issue is with India and Russia. No one else should have any say on that. Request to all to stay on topic please.

I'm not jealous or frustrated about the relations of India and Russia. Since there is nothing to jealous or frustrated. I just wonder about this deal. If Russia do such things to China, I'll be very angry. But why I don't see any complaint from Indian :frown:

Back
Top Bottom