What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

61545438.jpg

Amazing pic, Look like an Airawat flying with full load of fire power. :yahoo::tup:

Its not mention anywhere that the MPR which IAF is inducting is developed by DRDO....how do you know ?? The term drdo is mentioned only once that too when the writer was talking about Akash SAM....

Because many such radar systems were being upgraded and manufactured with AESA technology...So, there is a very high probability that this MPR is a DRDO project..

Its not mention anywhere that the MPR which IAF is inducting is developed by DRDO....how do you know ?? The term drdo is mentioned only once that too when the writer was talking about Akash SAM....

The article states that The MPR is an AESA system developed for the IAF, which will be able to detect small targets at ranges in excess of 300 km.

The article states that The MPR is an AESA system developed for the IAF, which will be able to detect small targets at ranges in excess of 300 km.
Yeah and where is drdo ??/ Israel has also made custom made radars for india in the past...

Because many such radar systems were being upgraded and manufactured with AESA technology...So, there is a very high probability that this MPR is a DRDO project..
There are not many...yes its true that drdo is building an MPR of 300km range but nobody knows whether its even ready or not....

Yeah and where is drdo ??/ Israel has also made custom made radars for india in the past...

There are not many...yes its true that drdo is building an MPR of 300km range but nobody knows whether its even ready or not....

This is the problem..When you are not in know of things, dont claim that you know..
There are MANY radar systems which are being either upgraded (MK-II versions ) or, being built by DRDO with some inputs from some friendly countries..

IAF recruitment rally | idrw.org

Indian Air Force will conduct a recruitment rally for the post of senior non-commissioned officers group from May 2-4 at the 7th Airmen Selection Centre, number one, Cubbon Road, Bangalore. Selection is open to candidates from Karnataka, AP, and Kerala and should be BEd degree holders with degree in science, arts or commerce, or should have two years teaching experience in government recognised institution.

The candidates otherwise should have a post graduation degree in English, mathematics, physics or computer science or should have a BEd degree along with a MCA degree. Candidates with general and BEd degree should be born from January 1, 1987 up to May 31, 1991. Candidates with MA, MSC or MCA with BEd degrees should be born from January 1, 1984 up to May 31, 1991. The written examinations for the post would be held on May 2.

The physical endurance test too would be held after the written test on the same date. Candidates who are successful in the written test and physical endurance test will be required to appear for the interview on May 3. The results of the written test will be announced on the same day as of the test. There is no need to apply for the above recruitment rally. Candidates can walk in for the written test and physical endurance test. For details, contact 7 Airmen Selection Centre, number 1 Cubbon Road, Bangalore-560 001 or call 080-25592199.

This is the problem..When you are not in know of things, dont claim that you know..
The same thing i am saying to you....for gods sake.....just give me some proof that those radars are from DRDO, until then i think you should keep your mouth shut because it is you who is saying its from DRDO not me....and unless you prove it, the wiser thing is to assume the opposite....

The same thing i am saying to you....for gods sake.....just give me some proof that those radars are from DRDO, until then i think you should keep your mouth shut because it is you who is saying its from DRDO not me....and unless you prove it, the wiser thing is to assume the opposite....

Jaisee aapki marji jahanpanah...:hitwall:

angeldemon_007, hold your horse. lol There is only one radar that is named Medium Power Radar 'MPR' developed by DRDO's LRDE. It has 300+ km range for small RCS targets.

Here it is...

DRDO

LRDE Areas of Work

Activities

Design and Development of Radar Systems
Army
- Multifunction Phased Array Radar and 3D Surveillance Radar for Akash Missile
Weapon System
- Low Level 2D Radar for Fire Control and Air Defence
- Short Range Battle Field Surveillance Radar
- Weapon Locating Radar
-3D Tactical Control Radar
Air Force
Weapon System
- Active Phased Array Radar for AEW&C
- Low level 2D radar and 3D Short & Medium Range Surveillance Radar for Air
Defence
- Medium Power Radar (MPR)
- Low Level Transportable Radar (LLTR)
- Active Electronically Scanned Array Radar (AESA)
Navy
- Maritime Patrol Radar for fixed and Rotary Wing Aircraft
- Maritime Patrol Radar with SAR & ISAR
- 3D Medium Range Surveillance Radar for ASW Corvettes
Development of Radar Technologies
- Antennae: Slotted Waveguide, Patch Array & Multibeam Antenna
- T/R Modules and Active Aperture Arrays
- Programmable DSP
- Radar Data Processors
- High Average Power TWT based Transmitters
- High purity sources
- Multi-channel double hetrodyne receivers

angeldemon_007, hold your horse. lol There is only one radar that is named Medium Power Radar 'MPR' developed by DRDO's LRDE. It has 300+ km range for small RCS targets.

Here it is...

DRDO

LRDE Areas of Work

Activities

Design and Development of Radar Systems
Army
Weapon System
- Low Level 2D Radar for Fire Control and Air Defence
- Short Range Battle Field Surveillance Radar
- Weapon Locating Radar
-3D Tactical Control Radar
Air Force
Weapon System
- Active Phased Array Radar for AEW&C
- Low level 2D radar and 3D Short & Medium Range Surveillance Radar for Air
Defence
- Medium Power Radar (MPR)
- Low Level Transportable Radar (LLTR)
- Active Electronically Scanned Array Radar (AESA)
Navy
- Maritime Patrol Radar for fixed and Rotary Wing Aircraft
- Maritime Patrol Radar with SAR & ISAR
- 3D Medium Range Surveillance Radar for ASW Corvettes
Development of Radar Technologies
- Antennae: Slotted Waveguide, Patch Array & Multibeam Antenna
- T/R Modules and Active Aperture Arrays
- Programmable DSP
- Radar Data Processors
- High Average Power TWT based Transmitters
- High purity sources
- Multi-channel double hetrodyne receivers

DRDO has made AESA radar long back... But it is not able to make it portable , which can be placed inside nose cone of fighter plane....

Long back I read some news that DRDO was planning to set a ground based radar station (some where in maharastra), and the radar was based on AESA...

DRDO has made AESA radar long back... But it is not able to make it portable , which can be placed inside nose cone of fighter plane....

Long back I read some news that DRDO was planning to set a ground based radar station (some where in maharastra), and the radar was based on AESA...

Yes DRDO developed AESA long ago but developing an AESA for fighter aircraft is not done yet. It is now working on X-band AESA radar for LCA. Only US has master the technology Europe and Russia testing stage.

Our newest ground based AESA radars are different from early generation though.

The guy was talking BS thats why i talked like that...I know their is a radar named Medium Power Radar 'MPR' developed by DRDO but Medium power radar is also a general term...

Medium Power Radar :
The Medium Power Radar (MPR) is a stationary 3D - radar equipment of air defense in the stacked-beam design. Here, transmission power, the distribution at a series of vertically arranged horn radiators in several vertically staggered transmission lobes be partially, whereby a cosecant squared diagram is achieved. In the case of reception the 12 different reception signals each correspond to an elevation angle range, and from this comparison of the elevation angle is calculated. The individual components are a multi-storey building in. To high-frequency output power to achieve the required one is klystron TV2030 used, the exceptionally high voltage of 265 kV uses. The antenna is a weather-protective radome covered. It was the French radar TRS 2201 (THD 1955) specifically developed in Germany. The six units have been stationed in Germany by the French manufacturer Thomson CSF (now Thales Group ) using units of AEG- Telefunken and Siemens built in the 1970s. From 2012, the devices will be replaced by device type Ground Master 400 of the manufacturer Thales Raytheon Systems .

The confusion here is because LRDE has named its Medium Power Radar as MPR itself....its just if we will name our aesa as aesa itself then assume what kind of confusion it will generate....I hope you understand what i am trying to say...

The confusion here is because LRDE has named its Medium Power Radar as MPR itself....its just if we will name our aesa as aesa itself then assume what kind of confusion it will generate....I hope you understand what i am trying to say...

so what would the DRDO/LRDE should be calling their AESA radar to avoid you to be confused..

I guess the MPR is AESA only because ... almost all radars developed nowerdays as requested by IAF, navy or Army should be AESA... there is no sense for LRDE to work in a radar that is not AESA because others are not technologically advanced and wouldnt serve the purpose for what it is being developed..

Yeah MPR doesnt say nothing it is AESA or PESA.. but make sense only if it is AESA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom