What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

Hey check this out:

Photos: Lockheed Martin C-130J-30 Hercules (L-382) Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net
Photos: Lockheed Martin C-130J-30 Hercules (L-382) Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net

Delivery flight of KC-3803 (2nd), coming-in for an overnight stop at Glasgow, Scotland. When do we expect it to arrive in India? Will there be a big fanfare or will it come in quietly with no fuss? When will a2a refuelling probe and EO pod be fitted to it?

angeldemon_007, hold your horse. lol There is only one radar that is named Medium Power Radar 'MPR' developed by DRDO's LRDE. It has 300+ km range for small RCS targets.

Here it is...

DRDO

LRDE Areas of Work

Activities

Design and Development of Radar Systems
Army
- Multifunction Phased Array Radar and 3D Surveillance Radar for Akash Missile
Weapon System
- Low Level 2D Radar for Fire Control and Air Defence
- Short Range Battle Field Surveillance Radar
- Weapon Locating Radar
-3D Tactical Control Radar
Air Force
- Multifunction Phased Array Radar and 3D Surveillance Radar for Akash Missile
Weapon System
- Active Phased Array Radar for AEW&C
- Low level 2D radar and 3D Short & Medium Range Surveillance Radar for Air
Defence
- Medium Power Radar (MPR)
- Low Level Transportable Radar (LLTR)
- Active Electronically Scanned Array Radar (AESA)
Navy
- Maritime Patrol Radar for fixed and Rotary Wing Aircraft
- Maritime Patrol Radar with SAR & ISAR
- 3D Medium Range Surveillance Radar for ASW Corvettes
Development of Radar Technologies
- Antennae: Slotted Waveguide, Patch Array & Multibeam Antenna
- T/R Modules and Active Aperture Arrays
- Programmable DSP
- Radar Data Processors
- High Average Power TWT based Transmitters
- High purity sources
- Multi-channel double hetrodyne receivers

THANK YOU..I wish i had same level of patience to spoon feed every body as you have..

Yes DRDO developed AESA long ago but developing an AESA for fighter aircraft is not done yet. It is now working on X-band AESA radar for LCA. Only US has master the technology Europe and Russia testing stage.

Our newest ground based AESA radars are different from early generation though.

Yes.. Almost All our new Ground based radars are using AESA tech. only. Thats why in next few years we will see a lot of upgraded versions of radars already inducted..And on te top of the list is SWORDFISH.. There were some talks of acquiring X-Band Radars (with range of >4500 Km. for a ~6 inch wide object ) for this purpose , but haven't heard about this in quite some time..

The guy was talking BS thats why i talked like that...I know their is a radar named Medium Power Radar 'MPR' developed by DRDO but Medium power radar is also a general term...

Thanks for your compliments..:hitwall: You are the first one in PDF who has said something so kind to me..:sick:

^^^ You are correct Jha.

I guess the MPR is AESA only because ... almost all radars developed nowerdays as requested by IAF, navy or Army should be AESA... there is no sense for LRDE to work in a radar that is not AESA because others are not technologically advanced and wouldnt serve the purpose for what it is being developed..

Yeah MPR doesnt say nothing it is AESA or PESA.. but make sense only if it is AESA

Bro we do not need to go through argument that MPR is an AESA. Read the news. It mentioned the MPR is an AESA with over 300 km range for small targets.

Jaguars might face delays for new engines | idrw.org

With Rolls Royce refusing to respond to Request for Proposal (RFP) on re-engineering Indian air force’s fleet of Jaguar aircrafts , Honey well seems to be lone vendor interested in re-engineering Jaguar aircrafts .

Indian air force had selected Roll Royce Mk.821 engines and Honey well’s F125IN engines and had send out Request for Proposal (RFP) to both companies to Re-engineer Jaguar with more higher thrust engines since its current Rolls Royce supplied MK.811 engines suffered from lower thrust issues due to India’s hot and Dry climate which resulted into poor performance of the aircrafts under certain condition.

Rolls Royce have not yet clarified of the reason behind them not responding to the Request for Proposal (RFP) issued by the Indian air force ,but sources believe that Honey well’s F125IN engines which is considered better engine with better thrust had fared well when they were integrated with Jaguar airframe .

Both Companies have successfully integrated their respected engines into Jaguar airframe and had shown it performance to the observers from Indian air force officials who had visited their complex, since Rolls Royce is not responding and only Honeywell left in the race, Indian air force may re-issues RFP to other engine manufactures or with permission from MOD might go ahead with Honey well’s F125IN engines.

Expert believe that this may delay whole process of Re-engineering of Jaguar engines and might also see the same fate which Mig-27 suffered when Russia’s proposal to upgrade Mig-27 with Al-31F engines was not considered ,due to which Indian air force is considering putting 50 % of its mig-27 fleet into storage by 2015 .

^^^ FFS!!!! THE HONEYWELL IS BETTER- MORE THRUST, MORE RELIABLE, MORE MODERN, WHAT MORE CAN THEY DO? BUT BECAUSE THE LOSER THREW A TANTRUM AND PULLED OUT THE WHOLE FLEET HAS TO SUFFER WHILST THE BS GOES ON. these ridiculous rules are exploited at are mention to IMPROVE India's procurement policy just makes it worse!! The MoD need to get some aremed forces officers into their ranks instead of useless pencil pushers they have now!!

All roadblocks cleared for India’s 10 C-17s
550px-C17_aircraft_alt.jpg

New Delhi: The deal to buy 10 C-17 Globemaster-III aircraft from Boeing of the US is a step closer to being clinched. The finance ministry, after initial objections, has sanctioned the money for the acquisition.
full article:
http://www.financialexpress.com/news/Decks-cleared-for%E2%80%935-8-bn-C-17-Globemaster-deal/781863/

INDIAN AIRFORCE IN 2020(as predicted by me...with few ongoin expansion,modernization,upgradation and decommisioning of many aircrafts)
the total nuber of aircrafts that will be fully operation are around 2388
THE AIRCRAFTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1.TRAINERS (ADVANCED JET TRAINER OR BAE HAWKS 200,HAL INTERMEDIATE JET TRAINER 250,SURYA KIRAN 80)TOTAL---530 TRAINERS
2.HAL FGFA----80(BY 2020)
3.SUKHOI SU 30MKI----280
4.MMRCA----150
5.HAL TEJAS----150
6.MIG 29(UPGRADED)----50
7.MIRAGE 2000H(UPGRADED)----60
8.SEPECAT JAGUAR(UPGRADED)----40
9.MEDIUM COMBAT AIRCRAFT----50
10.AN-32----35
11.IL 76/78----30
12.MEDIUM TRANSPORT AIRCRAFT----25
13.C 130 J HERCULES----10
14.GLOBEMASTER----10
15.HAWKER SIDDLEY----50
16.HAL DHRUV HELICOPTER(UPGRADED)----130
17.MIL MI 17----50
18.MIL MI 17V5----50
19.HAL LIGHT COMBAT HELICOPTER----70
20.HAL LIGHT OBSERVATION HELICOPTER----40
21.MIL MI 35----25
22.MIL MI 26----3
23.ATTACK HELICOPTERS BOUGHT FROM OTHER COUNTRIES----40
24.UAV'S----400
25.AWECS----30
SO THE TOTAL COMES TO--------2388 AIRCRAFTS FULLY EFFECTIVE AND READY TO USE.

All roadblocks cleared for India’s 10 C-17s
550px-C17_aircraft_alt.jpg

full article:
Decks cleared for $5.8-bn C-17 Globemaster deal

Good to know that, for whatever reason, the pencil pushers at the FM have pulled their finger's out. If only they could have seen the light a bit sooner AKA -A330 MRTT!

25 (10 + option for 15 more which are likely to happen) C-17s here we come!!

INDIAN AIRFORCE IN 2020(as predicted by me...with few ongoin expansion,modernization,upgradation and decommisioning of many aircrafts)
the total nuber of aircrafts that will be fully operation are around 2388
THE AIRCRAFTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1.TRAINERS (ADVANCED JET TRAINER OR BAE HAWKS 200,HAL INTERMEDIATE JET TRAINER 250,SURYA KIRAN 80)TOTAL---530 TRAINERS
2.HAL FGFA----80(BY 2020)
3.SUKHOI SU 30MKI----280
4.MMRCA----150
5.HAL TEJAS----150
6.MIG 29(UPGRADED)----50
7.MIRAGE 2000H(UPGRADED)----60
8.SEPECAT JAGUAR(UPGRADED)----40
9.MEDIUM COMBAT AIRCRAFT----50
10.AN-32----35
11.IL 76/78----30
12.MEDIUM TRANSPORT AIRCRAFT----25
13.C 130 J HERCULES----10
14.GLOBEMASTER----10
15.HAWKER SIDDLEY----50
16.HAL DHRUV HELICOPTER(UPGRADED)----130
17.MIL MI 17----50
18.MIL MI 17V5----50
19.HAL LIGHT COMBAT HELICOPTER----70
20.HAL LIGHT OBSERVATION HELICOPTER----40
21.MIL MI 35----25
22.MIL MI 26----3
23.ATTACK HELICOPTERS BOUGHT FROM OTHER COUNTRIES----40
24.UAV'S----400
25.AWECS----30
SO THE TOTAL COMES TO--------2388 AIRCRAFTS FULLY EFFECTIVE AND READY TO USE.

you figures seem to be very inconsistent and inaccurate. In some cases you have widely overestimated (FGFA I don't think IAF will be operating anywhere near 80 FGFA by 2020, if we're lucky maybe 1 SQD of PAK-FA by this time. Also I don't know about 150 TEJAS, as. It is 2011, it wont get FOC until mid 2012 so 150 in less than 8 years? I can't see it) and in some cases widely underestimated (Mil 17V5 with first batch being delivered sometime this year of the total 80 ordered and a further option for 50 already exercised I'd expect ALL of this order to be in the IAF well before 2020. And by 2020 the IAF to start testing/fielding its replacement. Also the C-130j 10 I don't know where you got this figure, 6 more ontop of the 6 already ordered is the option which is likely to be exercised so 10? ).

There are more but it would take too long to go through the entire thing point by point. I would just say it's too early to start guessing.

you figures seem to be very inconsistent and inaccurate. In some cases you have widely overestimated (FGFA I don't think IAF will be operating anywhere near 80 FGFA by 2020, if we're lucky maybe 1 SQD of PAK-FA by this time. Also I don't know about 150 TEJAS, as. It is 2011, it wont get FOC until mid 2012 so 150 in less than 8 years? I can't see it) and in some cases widely underestimated (Mil 17V5 with first batch being delivered sometime this year of the total 80 ordered and a further option for 50 already exercised I'd expect ALL of this order to be in the IAF well before 2020. And by 2020 the IAF to start testing/fielding its replacement. Also the C-130j 10 I don't know where you got this figure, 6 more ontop of the 6 already ordered is the option which is likely to be exercised so 10? ).

There are more but it would take too long to go through the entire thing point by point. I would just say it's too early to start guessing.

yaa...may be ur rite with the hal fgfa numbers...i have really overestimated it....but with lca tejas..hal has already reported officially that they will be producing about 20 fighters every year..so it is well under consideration to produce 150..fighters by 2020...and about the mil mi 17V5 ..I ACTUALLY GAVE U THE NUMBERS WHICH WILL BE OPERATION READY BY 2020...and 10 c130 j cause...2 will b kept with hal for arming it with weaponeries..and with use of indeginiously made radars..which will actually make the 2 c130j..into a surveillance system as well...!!!!

yaa...may be ur rite with the hal fgfa numbers...i have really overestimated it....but with lca tejas..hal has already reported officially that they will be producing about 20 fighters every year..so it is well under consideration to produce 150..fighters by 2020...and about the mil mi 17V5 ..I ACTUALLY GAVE U THE NUMBERS WHICH WILL BE OPERATION READY BY 2020...and 10 c130 j cause...2 will b kept with hal for arming it with weaponeries..and with use of indeginiously made radars..which will actually make the 2 c130j..into a surveillance system as well...!!!!
Can u give sources to confirm? Are you saying HAL will modify to AC-130 standard? Are you aware there are end-user agreements on them? Sources please, I have never heard this before c

Back
Top Bottom