Indian Air Force Unveils Own Stand-Off Weapons Concepts

sancho

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
P1050916.JPG

Indian Air Force Unveils Own Stand-Off Weapons Concepts

A 150-km range stand-off glide weapon and 288-km range light-weight cruise missile. These two mysterious items surfaced at Aero India last month. I'd been meaning to post about them, but decided to first get more information. They're both internal concepts by a group of IAF officers (serving and retired) for stand-off weapons that the service has been looking for for years. What stands out is just how specific the 'performance' parameters of the cruise missile and glide bomb really are. The IAF confirmed to Livefist that neither of the two items on display was part of active development activity, but that the concepts had been showcased as an indication of the kinds of design activities its internal teams are engaged in. The two models were fabricated at an IAF depot. The information on the boards suggest these are concepts with reasonably serious tactical capabilities, especially in terms of their stand-off range. More on these soon.

LIVEFIST: Indian Air Force Unveils Own Stand-Off Weapons Concepts

More pics:
"AERO INDIA 2015" | Page 22

6igeR6j.jpg

IAF's own air launched cruise missile in the works

rMTYsBI.jpg

IAF's own glide bomb in the works

Independent of DRDO, interesting.

is this the NG-LGB
A next-generation bomb (NG-LGB) studded with new technologies is in the pipeline, but the scientists need to address the problem of rolling of the bomb, after its release. “The range of Sudrashan now is around 9 km, if dropped from a normal altitude, and for the NG-LGB we hope to increase the range to 50 km,” he said.
IAF wants 50 swift & sure Sudarshan LGBs from ADE | Scientists at it to get

The basic design is the same same .

The only visual differences are in tail fins , air intake and exhaust for the ALCM .
Thanks bro.,can you put both images side by side...

There is one more difference .... how the wing joins the airframe

Let me try
Oh I think this is a crude concept missile than a cruise missile. Let IAF concentrate, what they been asked for.

I could like to see separate research wing under all the three forces than having single DRDO which lost our intrest

are we designing some thing similar to this

acm_03.gif

images

Last edited:
Thanks bro.,can you put both images side by side...

I tried but the only other image of ALCM is this one ......Not suitable for putting a side-by-side image .

16634662762_3cf4436300_k.jpg

Here is the one from OP ,
p1050916-jpg.199795

Back
Top Bottom