What's new

Indian Army to procure 300 light tanks

^^ Actually there was some news about co-developmet of light tanks with Poland..

Although CV90-120T if procured will enhance the Army's capability to another level..Same can be said about AMOS ..

It is interesting that the Polish army evaluated the CV90 - 120 light tank and based the development of the Anders even on them. I guess, they will be able to offer a cheaper price, compared to the Swedes, but are less proven, or capable on the other side. My main point against it is the weight, that is expected around 40t, while the CV90-120 is said to be around 35t only and that makes a big difference, when you keep in mind that these vehicles are meant to be air transportable too. If IAF goes for C17 (btw, I will post a bigger comparison about C17 and alternatives in the next days. Have more time for such things now.) it can carry only 1 of the Polish light tanks, but 2 CV90-120!
I agree, this guns and mortar systems on CV 90 and Patria AMV in the north eastern regions and a capable IAF transport fleet, would make a big difference of IA capabilities!

But one thing is that, Iam happy I can see some really nice IFVs and light tanks from these pics :cheers:

Hehe, in that case it was worth posting it and you might like to see more:

amap_sc_cv90.jpg

47471c530105sook

Patria_AMV_1.jpg

LAND_Patria_AMV_AMOS_Side_lg.jpg

Patria AMV video:

CV 90 videos:

AMOS video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just by looking at the term "light tanks" I realized that they are probably intended for high-altitude warfare....and it when I read the article, I realized my first assumption was indeed correct. Is it only me or do I see a lot of stuff going towards mountain warfare nowadays?

It is interesting that the Polish army evaluated the CV90 - 120 light tank and based the development of the Anders even on them. I guess, they will be able to offer a cheaper price, compared to the Swedes, but are less proven, or capable on the other side. My main point against it is the weight, that is expected around 40t, while the CV90-120 is said to be around 35t only and that makes a big difference, when you keep in mind that these vehicles are meant to be air transportable too. If IAF goes for C17 (btw, I will post a bigger comparison about C17 and alternatives in the next days. Have more time for such things now.) it can carry only 1 of the Polish light tanks, but 2 CV90-120!
I agree, this guns and mortar systems on CV 90 and Patria AMV in the north eastern regions and a capable IAF transport fleet, would make a big difference of IA capabilities!

Hehe, in that case it was worth posting it and you might like to see more:

amap_sc_cv90.jpg

47471c530105sook

Patria_AMV_1.jpg

LAND_Patria_AMV_AMOS_Side_lg.jpg

Patria AMV video:

YouTube - Patria AMV

CV 90 videos:

YouTube - Hägglunds - Combat Vehicle CV90-120 Tank

AMOS video:

YouTube - AMOS

Please stop posting Tank P0rN..;)

Just by looking at the term "light tanks" I realized that they are probably intended for high-altitude warfare....and it when I read the article, I realized my first assumption was indeed correct. Is it only me or do I see a lot of stuff going towards mountain warfare nowadays?

china.......china :D

Correct, all our forces are focusing on deterrence against China and IA's duty is the pretection of the north eastern borders, which makes these lighter vehicles important, besides light howitzers, or missiles.

Please stop posting Tank P0rN..;)

Come on Jha, I know you like it, so one more! :D

Consider IAF with a good transport aircraft fleet that can carry vehicles and has the ability to take off and land from unprepared airstrips too. Now consider what an impact it would be, to move the following force with them in a very short time, all around Indias border regions, even to regions where no real airstrip is available:

CV90-120 light tank
img_287_25745_2

Wheeled, or tracked AMOS
img_9_4655_3

Wheeled, or tracked IFV
LAND_AMV_Hoefyster_Denel_lg.jpg

img_7_4721_4

Self propelled howitzers
img_9_20485_4

That's what would I call rapid troop build up, with very mobile forces and heavy fire power!
No needs to carry heavy MBTs around, when you have these and can transport them even in higher numbers.

^^^ You got pretty big and effective ( most probably ) plans..But I would also like to see a 4 lane road to NE regions along with such heavy lift capabilities..
BTW AMOS costs in upwards of $5 mill...

^^^ You got pretty big and effective ( most probably ) plans..But I would also like to see a 4 lane road to NE regions along with such heavy lift capabilities..
BTW AMOS costs in upwards of $5 mill...

Basic infrastructure has to be upgraded anyway, be it for defense, or economic reasons, that is one of Indias biggest problems at the moment.
Actually, I took only the plans that IA and IAF already seems to have and suggesting, what imo would be the best choice (Patria over Stryker, CV90-120 over the Polish light tank...). So the plans are already there and not so big, I only hope our forces will make the right choices, for the right reasons.
For CV90, or the Patria version?

i have a question the TESTS are being carried out in RAJHISTAN....means these tanks are being built with PAKISTAN being kept in mind....

because in ANCHARAL PARDESH(disputed terriroty) between china and india doesn't have any deserts....

so much for indian claims of PAKISTAN is NOT our ENEMY!!....

interesting observation...of COURSE they are being bought with pakistan in mind.......the north east is too hilly for heavy tanks....

we DO claim that pakistan is not our enemy....however we DON'T claim to TRUST that you wont attack us first like you did in 1948, 1965 and 1999.....

we dont hate you...we simply dont trust you

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom