What's new

Indian cuisine vs Pakistani cuisine

Exclusively from the North-East and my favorite!

Momos

momos.jpg

Momos are one of my favourite. I have eaten in shops run by North-Eastern people.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

dude,i am from travancore,my mom raised in trivandrum and eat coconut filled food all the time, and the dosas i am talking about are home coooked dosai and gun powder.Udupi sweet stuff can kiss my ***.

I ate one dish during Onam, it was from Kerala. It was SWEET,milky creamy(may be milk & coconut milk be used) and no spices with small boneless chicken pieces. Can you name this dish.

Dude you are mistaken. Th pic you showed is of Ragi (millet flour) dosa.

However of MASALA DOSA is same every where. Here it is.
Masala-Dosa.jpg

masala-dosa.jpg

Well,i have never had masala dosa at home like that,

I rather get Rice,Wheat,Bajra,Millet,Ragi even maize dosa.

and i never eat dosa with chutney and sambhar,only gun powder and onion sambhar.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Momos are one of my favourite. I have eaten in shops run by North-Eastern people.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

I ate one dish during Onam, it was from Kerala. It was SWEET,milky creamy(may be milk & coconut milk be used) and no spices with small boneless chicken pieces. Can you name this dish.

most likely coconut milk and that wud be pal appam.

sorry man,i didn't see the chicken pieces,i wudn't knw that.

I want to know the exact name. It was SWEET,milky creamy(may be milk & coconut milk be used) and no spices with small boneless chicken pieces.

Its Kerala chicken stew, or "stoo". I dont know about the sweet part tho. Stew uses liberal amounts of coconut milk. Best had with appams.

Does it look like this?
IMG_6061.jpg

Its Kerala chicken stew, or "stoo". I dont know about the sweet part tho. Stew uses liberal amounts of coconut milk. Best had with appams.

Does it look like this?
IMG_6061.jpg

Yes, it is the same one. It was served with appam and lachchha paratha and I gone crazy about it. It was one of the best dishes in my life.

Well,i have never had masala dosa at home like that,

I rather get Rice,Wheat,Bajra,Millet,Ragi even maize dosa.

and i never eat dosa with chutney and sambhar,only gun powder and onion sambhar.

Even I didn't had a home made masala dosa. The pic was of a Udupi hotel made masala dosa. As far as I know Masala Dosas are hardly made at households. People will go for other varieties of dosas mentioned by you for their breakfast at home. By the way I prefer Idlis' with coconut chatny for morning breakfast rather than dosa. :cool:

Now, this is another cuisine that might have never heard about.

burmese_dried_fish.jpg

Guess what those are?

Dried Fish! Catch them, let them rot (not literally, it's actually drying by putting these in an oxygen free environment, mostly done by covering these fishes with sand especially in beaches) and finally cook.

Many people shudder at the thought of cooking this. Smell it while being cooked and you might just lose your senses. Nasty, nasty smell.

But once cooked, you get this

f4.jpg

Hot, spicy and an awesome taste that makes your taste buds go crazy.

Also, Widely eaten in Bangladesh, Myanmar and other South-East Asian countries. :lol:

Even I didn't had a home made masala dosa. The pic was of a Udupi hotel made masala dosa. As far as I know Masala Dosas are hardly made at households. People will go for other varieties of dosas mentioned by you for their breakfast at home. By the way I prefer Idlis' with coconut chatny for morning breakfast rather than dosa. :cool:

I can have a masala dosa,but i dont because i dont like aloo with dosa,only onions.Idly with gunpowder ll be a blast.

Bihari kebab is not a Pakistani dish.:lol:

Kebabs in general are not a native dish to the subcontinent, and neither is Biryani, Chicken Tikka, Pakora, Samosa, and numerous other dishes that were brought here by invaders from Afghanistan, Central Asia and Persia.

Whats a dosa? what is it filled with?

Dosa is a crispy pancake made up of Urad daal and rice paste and pancake is rolled over any thing, like onion, mashed spicy potato, roasted chicken pieces or don't add anything. It is eaten with sambhar(a sour daal to which vegetables are added) and white coconut chutney.

In North India mainly potato Masala dosa is famous.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom