How is the plan?

• Good

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Average

Votes: 53 20.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 47 18.0%

• Total voters
You try to convince people that India is safe but always end up mentioning RSS and Shive Senaks. :whistle:

Brother.. You always seems to respond to the comments out of context..!!! Kindly do not respond to some words like RSS and Shiv sena.. but to the entire context..!!! And i dont want to convince somebody whose intentions are just to flame and nothing more..!! And i now doubt that your intentions of starting this thread was just to indulge in some mudslinging..!!!

Well dont preach pls..!!!

You actually need preaching pal.
We have seen what Mr. Shakeel ahmed a pakistani comedian had to endure in india..!!
Shakeel left studio unharmed as Shiv sena ppl were raising sloagens against him.. no one pounded him ( u must be India TV fan lol )
Mr. Adanan sami recieving threats..!!!! We have also seen abvp actiivits disturbing the pakistani delegations meeting here in delhi..!!

Thats a common thing in any country. recently PPL were gathered to protest against Srilankan Army in their recent anti LTTE operation in England.
So dont talk about ground realty and live in a fools world thinking that all is hunky dory in India.. I said majority of the time its safe.. but if you are in middest of some critical issues between two nations.. and if you end up infront some some religious fanatics then you surely are going to have a tough time..Even UP bhaiyas are not safe in mumbai because of these fanatics..
So cut your athithi devo bhava crap.
Athithi devo Bhava (Gust is equivalent to GOD) is an Indian Ideology .. I think you are not an Indian if this is my crap .....

Well till the day shiv sena vhp and rss becomes mature and treat all their visitors with respect be it in a hostile situation or a peace time.. then i will say that india is 100% safe(in terms of discrimination) till then take a long hike brother..!!!

You are thinking to implementing Six Sigma in human behaviour.. :undecided: Countries are know by idelogy of their masses and not of few morons BS.

At the end Dil pe mat le.....

You are thinking to implementing Six Sigma in human behaviour.. :undecided: Countries are know by idelogy of their masses and not of few morons BS.

At the end Dil pe mat le.....

Well brother..Your comments are implying that i was projecting india as an unsafe country..!!! But i was not.. i was point out the small percent of rouge elements that exists in our society... If you are in denial mode in that then i don't think there is any point in discussion..!!! And athi thi devo bhava.. don't you feel the irony of the party who says it upholds the culture of India.. protesting against the visiting pakistanis..!!! And i dont think its too hard to comprehend that..!!!! And i agree with you on the point countries are known by the ideolgies of its masses but not of few morons..!!! But a country is also responsible for the actions of those few morons..!!!

And regarding your protest thing..!!!! They are protesting against people of pakistan and not governemnt..!!! I hope you know the difference between the two..!!!!! Its like protesting against the amercian tourists.. for the actions of george bush..!!!;)

Last edited:
Another mega-merger on the cards,
After Mahatma, it's Bharti-MTN deal for India, says south african economist.

The Deal gives India's Telecom giant Bharti patronage in a lot of Central african and Middle east countries, including Iran and Afghanistan.

LONDON: Indian Telecom giant Bharti Airtel's acquisition of MTN in South Africa, would be the biggest thing to happen to the two countries
since Mahatma Gandhi, says international business magazine Economist.

"It would be the biggest thing to pass between India and South Africa since Mahatma Gandhi moved from one country to the other," Economist said in a report on its website.

Earlier this week, Bharti Airtel and MTN said separately that the two firms have initiated "exploratory discussions" for a possible buyout of the South African mobile player. If successful, the deal could catapult Bharti among the world's five biggest mobile operators.

While Bharti has denied having made any bid so far, saying the talks are only exploratory as yet, a report in the British daily Financial Times said yesterday that the Indian firm has put in an indicative bid worth about 19 billion dollars for a controlling 51 per cent stake in Africa's largest mobile phone operator.

"That would make it the heftiest overseas acquisition ever made by an Indian firm, more than Tata Steel paid for Corus, a British steelmaker, and seven times the amount India invested in the whole of Africa over the ten years to 2004," Economist report said.

"The deal would unite the leading companies in the world's two most promising mobile markets. In neither market have penetration rates yet exceeded a third of the population. India is adding more subscribers per month than any other country," it added.

The report quoted figures from research firm Gartner as saying that in Africa, subscriptions are projected to grow by 11 per cent a year until 2011.

MTN has a bigger subscriber base than Bharti, a broader geographic reach, stronger revenues and higher profit, the report said, adding that Bharti, however, has a bigger market capitalisation but the gap has narrowed after the shares of Indian firm fell and that of African company rose amid the reports about the bid, the report noted.

"These numbers do not daunt Bharti, which has the confidence and clout of a company that has taken full part in an economic miracle. India added over 10 million mobile-phone subscribers in March alone, taking it past America, by some estimates, to become the second-biggest mobile market in the world," Economist said.

"Flush with this domestic success, Bharti has for years been harbouring international ambitions that extend far beyond its modest ventures in the Seychelles, Guernsey and Jersey... Buying MTN would allow Bharti to meet its international ambitions in full measure," it added.

The report said, however, that an outright takeover might prove too expensive and the "exploratory talks will therefore explore other, cheaper options: a merger, for example, or a joint-venture."

"That might still allow the two companies to aim for what financial analysts call synergies. Or as Gandhi put it, interdependence is and ought to be as much the ideal of man as self-sufficiency," the report said.

Link:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...MTN_deal_for_India_SA/articleshow/3018562.cms

The monthly income of an average Indian for the first time in the country's history has crossed Rs 3,000, thanks to economic reforms and a high growth rate of above 9% achieved for three years since 2005-06.

The per capita income, a measure of average income of a citizen, went up 12.2% to Rs 37,490 per annum during 2008-09, said the advance estimate for national income released by the Central Statistical Organisation (CSO) on Friday.

During 2007-08, the per capita income was Rs 33,283 per annum.

The CSO data further reveals that the per capita income at constant (1999-2000) prices during the last fiscal rose to Rs 25,494 per annum from Rs 24,295 per annum in the previous year, recording a growth rate of 4.9 per cent.

The per capita income would have been higher but for the global economic crisis, which pulled down the country's economic growth during 2008-09 to 6.7 per cent from 9 per cent in the previous fiscal.

The national income during the year went up to Rs 43.26 lakh crore, showing a rise of 14.2%, while the population of the country increased by 1.6 crore to 115.4 crore.

The CSO data further says that the national income at 1999-2000 prices increased by 6.4% to Rs 29.42 lakh crore during 2008-09.

Jai Ho: Average Indian's income crosses Rs 3000! | India.com

^^ This is what you post in a section which is meant for strategic discussion about Pakistan and its geo-political issues... Another one for the bin.

Indian bureaucracy worst in Asia, says surveyIndian bureaucracy worst in Asia, says survey

Singapore: Singapore's civil servants are the most efficient among their Asian peers, a business survey on 12 economies released on Wednesday showed, but they tend to clam up unhelpfully when things go wrong.

India's "suffocating bureaucracy" was ranked the least-efficient by the survey, which said working with the country's civil servants was a "slow and painful" process.

"They are a power centre in their own right at both the national and state levels, and are extremely resistant to reform that affects them or the way they go about their duties," Hong Kong-based Political and Economic Risk Consultancy said in a 12-page report.

The island-state was ranked first for a third time in a poll of 1,274 expatriates working in 12 North and South Asian nations on the efficiency of bureaucrats in those countries.

The poll was last held in 2007. "During normal times, when the system is not stress-tested, it operates very well," PERC said. "However, during difficult times – or when mistakes are made that reflect badly on the system – there is a tendency among bureaucrats to circle the wagons in ways that lack transparency and make accountability difficult," the report said.

Tell us: Do you agree or disagree?

In 2008: India world's 85th most corrupt nation

Thailand, despite four years of on-off street protests and a year of dysfunctional government was ranked third.

"For all the country's troubles – or perhaps because of them – respondents to our survey were impressed with the way Thai civil servants have been carrying out their duties," PERC said.

It said state offices associated with corruption presented the most difficulties for Thai citizens and foreigners. PERC managing director Bob Broadfoot said that the controversy around huge investment losses by Singapore sovereign wealth fund Temasek was a good example of how things could become less transparent in the island-state.

The Singapore government has come under fire from lawmakers and its citizens over several investment losses, particular its exit from Bank of America which resulted in a loss of over $3 billion, according to Reuters calculation.

The survey ranked Hong Kong second. China, which has been campaigning to fight corruption in its bureaucracy and improve efficiency on the civil service, was ranked ninth in the 2009 poll, two places down from 2007.

Ranking by most efficient to least efficient economies:

Singapore

Hong Kong

Thailand

South Korea

Japan

Malaysia

Taiwan

Vietnam

China

Philippines

Indonesia

India

India really is painfully corrupt, back in 98 or 99, we had reserved train tickets only to get there and find out that we were somehow 'not on the list' or whatever they use, the guy could tell we were from out of town, my mom gave him a 1000 rupees to let us get on the train, in spite of reserving the tickets and all that, I was fairly young and I had never seen something like that before, I got so worked up I kicked him in the shin! That was only the first of MANY bribes we had to hand out, one for the house, one for the electricity, unbelievable really...

I have a hard time understanding how anything works in India, I didn't see any computers in the government offices the last time I was there, they have mountains and mountains of files. They really need to start using computers, it will not only speed things up but will also definitely make it harder for them to exploit people the way they do. How come no one ever takes a stand? I couldn't imagine dealing with that sort of thing on a daily basis, I remember reading about Tehelka, they created quite a stir for a bit, but that didn't really change the system.

below Indonesia and the Philippines, incredible.

India really is painfully corrupt, back in 98 or 99, we had reserved train tickets only to get there and find out that we were somehow 'not on the list' or whatever they use, the guy could tell we were from out of town, my mom gave him a 1000 rupees to let us get on the train, in spite of reserving the tickets and all that, I was fairly young and I had never seen something like that before, I got so worked up I kicked him in the shin! That was only the first of MANY bribes we had to hand out, one for the house, one for the electricity, unbelievable really...

I have a hard time understanding how anything works in India, I didn't see any computers in the government offices the last time I was there, they have mountains and mountains of files. They really need to start using computers, it will not only speed things up but will also definitely make it harder for them to exploit people the way they do. How come no one ever takes a stand? I couldn't imagine dealing with that sort of thing on a daily basis, I remember reading about Tehelka, they created quite a stir for a bit, but that didn't really change the system.

below Indonesia and the Philippines, incredible.

The problem with railways is that the prices have no relation to demand-supply based market prices. There are a 1000 people willing to pay Rs 300 for a ticket, but the prices are fixed by the government at Rs 50 and there are only 500 seats. So what happens is that the ticket examiners see an opportunity to make a profit by blocking out a few seats and then re-selling them. It is very similar to how there used to be "black tickets" for movies when the government imposed fixed prices (Like Rs 6.50 in Chennai until 2001 or the 50% Kannada movie rule in Karnataka ). Now after multiplexes came out you rarely find tickets on black (except maybe for first-day, first-shows).

The situation is also very different now at least for trains. There are a few cheap tickets, but the prices keep going up as the day of travel arrives (Tatkal, online booking fees etc.) . So there is much smaller scope for the examiner to make a profit. I have not had to ever fight a TTR or bribe one in the last few times I traveled. If you get in an reserved compartment without a reservation, the TTR is now authorized to collect a fee and find an empty seat for you. Cheap air travel and buses have also decreased the monopoly of trains.

I am not saying that India is heaven on earth - I fully understand how rampant corruption is. What I am saying is that the solution to a lot of corruption is to introduce market based pricing and to get rid of unnecessary government intervention.

Back
Top Bottom