What's new

Indian Government announces FDI in many industries!!

We all have to wait for couple of Days!

Congress'es are not fools, behind the curtain all the calculations and maths is done with both "Mayawati and Mulayam" that if Mamta will jump out of coalition ,they will join in to save the gov from falling. This is the most likely scenario, let see how it unfolds in couple of days.

Just wishing Mulayam should give "Dhoka" to UPA after Mamta pull's out and Gov will fall.

We all have to wait for couple of Days!

Congress'es are not fools, behind the curtain all the calculations and maths is done with both "Mayawati and Mulayam" that if Mamta will jump out of coalition ,they will join in to save the gov from falling. This is the most likely scenario, let see how it unfolds in couple of days.

Just wishing Mulayam should give "Dhoka" to UPA after Mamta pull's out and Gov will fall.

that will help congress politically ,they can claim congress sacrificed the government for economic reforms ...

that will help congress politically ,they can claim congress sacrificed the government for economic reforms ...

As if Mulayam will actually let this govt. fall... He will support UPA come what may. Congress knows this well and is using SP card to deliberately push Trinamool out of UPA. Mamta has become more of a burden than an ally.

No party wants a mid-term poll.

Hahahhah the entire nation said same stupid words in 1991. But we have the results. Now stfu and see the results of the reforms.

It will be good if you don't compare apples with the oranges and research before posting.

EkSB.jpeg

A Christian(religious person) and a Marxist on the same frequecny :D

PS-Hey if you don't mind can you tell me what kind of Christian are you....Catholic or Evangelist :undecided:

Each and every Indian will rise to the cause of India. :angel: :tup:

No matter how you divide us be it Hindus, Christians, Muslims, Sikhs, Brahmin, Dalit, Punjabi, Telugu, Goan etc. etc.

So you think 'Emerging Kerala' was wrong as it was solely aimed to attract foreign investors.

I have not said that foreign investment is bad, even the FDI in the Defense is good but not in the retail.

It will benefit only MNCs and Ambanis not to the middle class or the poor or the farmers.

I am not against development or reforms or FDI but I will oppose the FDI in retil as its anti Idnia and only done on the instruction of USA. :tdown:

I don't think it will help that much while considering the fact that most of our countrymen (Sub urbs / Rural Area's) still consider these reforms in negative light for themselves because lack of knowledge and hue-cry by opposition. And no one has forgotten mass corruption/scams this gov have done during 8 years.

As if Mulayam will actually let this govt. fall...

And i actually want this to happen because this move will clear out the double face of SP and mulayam who on one hand talk about south, but actually do opposite of that.

really bold step by upa-II and welcomed one,seems like the credit ratings degradation has woken up mms. it was really disappointing to see a paralized govt. i hope they continue the reform process and take on idiots like momta head on.

fdi in retail is not gonno effect the majority of small retailers as setting up foreign stores will happen only in 53 town/cities out of total 8000 small cities/towns in india due to minimum population conditions of 1 million/city.bjp should leave their policy of opposing everything that upa does its effecting the national interest.

OK.. Posted here for posterity.. UPA III in 2014 will happen.. Who is willing to bet ?

If somebody thinks that the FDI medicine will heal Indian economy then they are wrong. Reform and more reform and one day you will run out of all reform. Then what will you do?

Most stupid post ...I ever came across

If somebody thinks that the FDI medicine will heal Indian economy then they are wrong. Reform and more reform and one day you will run out of all reform. Then what will you do?

Ask Bangladesh for lessons in economy :)

Exactly.. Does no one see this masterstroke??

If the govt falls, they get sympathy votes.. Opposition will be hated for taking India thru a mid term elections. Right after the wasted monsoon session for which BJP has been clearly painted as the villian..

If the reforms get pushed thru, 1.5 years is just the right time to show the impact on economy of a massive FDI inflow which will boost stock market as well as property values...The economy and the stars of Congress will peak at the right time, a few months before elections.. That will seems so much contrasting to this falsely engineered doom and gloom in the economy , precisely for the purpose of highlighting this contrast near the elections...

Good required some fresh air in retail sector ..it will help farmers as well as common man ..the people who are protesting are for middle man who till now ate 50% from the farmer .. Big shops will certainly reduce this gap

It will be good if you don't compare apples with the oranges and research before posting.

Each and every Indian will rise to the cause of India. :angel: :tup:

No matter how you divide us be it Hindus, Christians, Muslims, Sikhs, Brahmin, Dalit, Punjabi, Telugu, Goan etc. etc.
:blink: That was just a question to broaden my knowledge about Indian Christians.I don't really have a axe to grind by dividing you :cheesy:

Everyone is giving ideological answers that reforms are needed to make economy prosper.

No one is giving replies to specific querries:

1. Indian organized retail has just started picking up in the last 5 years. Companies like Walmart have decades of experience behind them. Using infant industry protection argument. Why should be not give atleast a decade for our own companies to ramp up and do what we want Walmart etc to do? Then open the sector to competition. Have our own companies grow in size, scale and experience before letting others in the ring.

2. The profits made by Indian companies is anyday better than profits made by an MNC. The money in the former case is more often than not ploughed back in India, whereas in latter case goes abroad.

3. Who takes responsibility if the MNC's with larger cash reserves, opt for predatory pricing to price out Indian companies and small retail and later when they have less competition start carterlization and then increase prices? How do you stop that once it happens?

3. FDI in airlines. The reason why Airlines are debt ridden and not making profits is because of ridiculous tax structure of Govt. Every state has diff taxes on ATF and it is one of the highest taxed country in the world. Instead of rationalizing tax structure for aviation. Airline after airline has complained to GoI about their ridiculous tax structures. They use the money made from this sector to cross subsidize other things.

Back
Top Bottom