What's new

Indian Government announces FDI in many industries!!

OK.. Posted here for posterity.. UPA III in 2014 will happen.. Who is willing to bet ?

i m even ready to accept dogvijay as PM if he clean india and make economy better n india strong.
Actually congress dont have leaders after MMS and mukherjee and both are gone.

so nation see's only towards modi and BJP should listen nation voice otherwise they will loose faith of nation so i think BJP should go alone with PM

I have not said that foreign investment is bad, even the FDI in the Defense is good but not in the retail.

It will benefit only MNCs and Ambanis not to the middle class or the poor or the farmers.

I am not against development or reforms or FDI but I will oppose the FDI in retil as its anti Idnia and only done on the instruction of USA. :tdown:

Do u even know how these stores work n what the provide there customers...:what:

Let me explain a bit

Indian retail market is too big n too complexed to be controled by a bunch of foreign retailers, read the following points -

1. They need big space (i mean really big) as all of there stores no matter where they r around the globe r made on the same platform n u know how congested Indian cities r so they won't be able to open at every 5 km where as u can find local stores at every 10 m in India

2. Local stores have their own pack of tricks like home delivery, taking orders at phone n even credit sale which won't be provided by big stores

3. People have build up personal contacts over the years with local retailers which creates loyalty n helps to retain customers

4. Bill has been passed at the center but still its a state matter it'll take at least 2-3 years just to convince all the state govt. To agree on this matter

5. Even if they r foreign then also the can control at max 51% share capital n not more that means the Indian partner will also have a say in companies affairs

6. Even if the foreign store were not here then also local retailers r facing stiff competion from desi stores like Reliance, Pantaloon, hypercity, etc...
N there is no law which is gonna bound these desi companies from entering the market
So doesn't matter much if a few foreign stores also get opened:D

Small retailers can organise themselves to compete with multi national retail giants. Here in Australia, local grocers did the same, and formed Independent Grocers Australia(IGA), which gave them common branding, combined purchasing power and independent ownership.

This is something which Indian grocery stores and retailers can look into,

IGA (Australian supermarket group) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OK.. Posted here for posterity.. UPA III in 2014 will happen.. Who is willing to bet ?

Karan am ready ....i am confident there wont be a UPA 3 govt in 2014 ,reasons 1)scams 2)new gas cylinder policy which will surely have an impact on middle class population 3) inflation 4) there is a strong 60 million retailer community in India with this FDI decision they will turn against the ruling UPA

Ask Bangladesh for lessons in economy :)

Exactly.. Does no one see this masterstroke??

If the govt falls, they get sympathy votes.. Opposition will be hated for taking India thru a mid term elections. Right after the wasted monsoon session for which BJP has been clearly painted as the villian..

If the reforms get pushed thru, 1.5 years is just the right time to show the impact on economy of a massive FDI inflow which will boost stock market as well as property values...The economy and the stars of Congress will peak at the right time, a few months before elections.. That will seems so much contrasting to this falsely engineered doom and gloom in the economy , precisely for the purpose of highlighting this contrast near the elections...

its Masterstroke politically no doubt in that,Congress done similar drama during Nuke deal- left withdrawal fiasco and that was huge success .......but at that time there was no other major issues for opposition to divert public attention ,but this time things are different lot of scams ,price hike ,the new LPG cylinder policy ,and farmers are affected by the new fertilizer policy of govt price of fertilizers gone up

Man this is BIG news, just saw it on FT website. Once again MMS delivers!!

partially delivers..that is...in Diesel reform and LPG subsidy...which were long overdue.

but regarding FDI in retail...the clause which mandates the big brands would source 30% of their products from local manufacturers is doubtful and IKEA has already said it would not do that...so basically india would turn into a duping ground for cheap chinese goods from the shelves of walmart and their likes.

The fine print of the the essential clauses has not yet been out...so lets hold our horses before jumping "yahoo". Not to mention many of the states have said they are not going to allow FDI in retail including congress ruled states like Kerala..so in the end i dont think its going to make much of a difference..

And also the dumping of lot of cheap chinese goods as that clause for 30% local product absorption is under 'consideration'.

Maybe not. I think it will have reverse impact. It will boost indian SMEs and bring them upto world level.

Maybe not. I think it will have reverse impact. It will boost indian SMEs and bring them upto world level.

how it will take them to 'world level'...does the indian govt subsidize the production and export to the extent chinese govt does ? No..so simply put indian manufacturers would not be able to face the heavily subsidized chinese manufacturers and hence perish without the protective clause of the 30% local sourcing...

the govt rushing headfirst into this cesspool of FDI in retail can blow back very badly in the face..

and then who is going to create the infra for the retailers..? the cold storages, the processing plants, the railway lines etc for the farmers to compete ? surely not the retailers and surely not this govt...so how would they compete with this pathetic infra ?

I think,UPA 3 will surely come and you may c series of good decisions and people will forget the black past as usual.
BJP has missed opportunity and is looking no where.Only hope is gujrat elections and projecting modi as PM otherwise NDA is no where for next decade even.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom