What's new

Indian IT company hires 2000 in Sri Lanka

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl: both are search companies,

Guruji.com ranked 1500th in the world web traffic ranking

while

Baidu.com ranked 9th in the world web traffic ranking.

didn't you see the huge difference between our "IT industries"?

China has the world's largest number of internet users,most of them browse with mandarin baidu.com,apart from chinese no one is using this.india is at 4th no in internet users and will be 3rd in 2012,most of them are habitual with english google as its no one n will be 1 with the support of rest of the world.

so what are u talking about,plz dont use too much ctrl+C & V its bad for mind n stop pasting nonsense,when u dont knw about rest of the world.

point here is

srilanka has untaped potential and gud business environment,so indian company invested there to grab human resource and market.even if the situation in pak improves n she get rid of terror infrastructure and comes to new world order,surely business n trade will flourish all along the indian subcontinent and we all will get the benefits.

China has the world's largest number of internet users,most of them browse with mandarin baidu.com,apart from chinese no one is using this.india is at 4th no in internet users and will be 3rd in 2012,most of them are habitual with english google as its no one n will be 1 with the support of rest of the world.

trust me dude, the bankers in wall street don't care what is your native language. here is a lesson which you should have learned from your family education:

no matter whether a single dollar is earned from a fancy nation like the US or from a damn poor nation like india, it is always a single dollar.

btw: can I just ask why your english speaking indians get from speaking english? 50% female literacy rate? 60 years life expectancy? 30% of our average income? 30% of our per capita GDP? or maybe the fact that even your population centers like Mumbai and New Delhi can't get reliable power supply for all?

funny indian friends just keep refusing there is Chinese version of google, MSN Messenger.

how about just click the links below and see some truth?

google search in Chinese
google map in Chinese
MSN news and messenger software in Chinese

time to wake up.

:smokin::smokin:

when you busy coding for those western companies, our IT workers are building our own stuff, that is the difference. please also check how many recent (say past 5 years) published English research papers on Computer Science have Chinese name as the first author.

what is with you about the papers....put your hard earned linux expertise in the questions being raised..........

more excuse.

then how about IM software companies that can support 100 million online users?

Again the same English handicap. Why would we want to get into providing a service for free when plenty are available to support needs. Yeah, they won't do it with the same enthusiasm in Chinese, and WITH censorship, so roll your own cigar, friend, and groan about the extra burden to be forced to do it, not brag about the same lame thing.

how about office software companies that can force MS to sell the MS office suite for $20 a copy?

That is called "Bhagte bhoot ka langot hi sahi" in Hindi - loses everything in translation, but the essence is Chinese are going to use it pirated anyways, and looking at the lax law enforcement and patent and trademark regime in China, MS thinks, better $20 than nothing! Should we blame MS for that or...

how about online gaming companies?
I thought communists were against such vices... Oh, they are CINOs - Communists In Name Only!
how about companies that can design advanced multiple core general purpose processor?
Who said we can't? HW development is morphing into SW development. All CAD companies are powered by Indian development centers. I have one every 500 meters in my city. Its one every 100 m in Bangalore.
how about domestic companies that build supercomputers?
Look at this link. It shows India 3 positions behind china (18th vs 15th), and has 60% more performance on a per-core basis.
how about companies that can build the backbone of the Internet?
How about stealing intellectual property from Western companies?
or maybe the mobile network supporting billions of calls a day?
India has the second largest cellphone user base as a country. Nothing to boast about here. Do you think we use cellphones for playing nibbles only?
how about online shopping companies that can kick ebay's *** and driven it out of business?
The same old reason - there is no rule of law in China, and online auction company like e-bay cannot gain ground when there is no rule of law - On the other hand when e-bay entered in India, it had to buy out the largest online auction site in India, baazi.com. We had it working reliably before ebay entered here.
:smokin: because we didn't got UK fxxking us for 200 years?
No. Friendly neighborhood Japanese did the honors for you :agree:

Matter of fact is you fxxked yourself so bad, you didn't need English to do it for you.

So in essence, what are you getting worked up about, shchinese?

pointless discussions.. good for SL.. Bring them on board the development train man thats the least we can do to our neighbors in South Asia.. if BD obliges us with counter terror measures, bring them on the development path as well..

I don't care what a moron like shchinese think.. Im working for a 800lb gorilla in networking field and trust me I'm not doing a path braking programming but I get paid well makes my ends meet and thats what should matter to us right?? but many in my business unit are working on path breaking technologies like the fastest border router in the world till date (ISR G2).. The work on that product is divided equally amongst the teams in SJ and Blr.. So shchinese go fk urself .. and stop giving lame excuses like 10 million people using a mandarin search engine.. India is diverse we have <23 languages and no we don't believe in homogeneity and don't believe in destroying non-han cultures and force them to fall in line.. but I guess thats the diff between India n China.. We love our diversity and english in a common langauge that helps us communicate better with fellow non hindi speaking Indians.. so do us a favor get laid or something.. frustu chutiya.

Sri Lankan infact all our neighbors can benefit by Indian IT success story, infact a chinese team visited India to learn more about Indian IT parks as they want to replicate them in China. For people who think only low end work is done in India are mistaken animation of big Hollywood flicks to designing of doors of Boeing all happen in India, contracts of millions and some time a billion dollar is not low end work which any tom, dick and harry can undertake, other than that Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, Accenture in fact I can't think of a biggie who don't have an R&D center in India. In midst of all these gorilla MNCs Indian firms like Infosys, Wipro, TCS have craved a niche for themselves, if I am not wrong I believe all fortune listed IT companies have development center in India

The IT & ITES “EXPORTS” stand at 50 billion dollars and is providing employment to lakhs if not crores of people, India definitely needs a product of world repute to do justice to it's IT industry, which probably nobody can boost of other than the might 'US', Flexcube was there but was bought by Oracle. I myself am from BPO industry and have seen people from India go to still cheaper destinations like Philippines, Kenya and Romania and then after all that they come back to India

All the biggie IT firms have their second biggest workforce in India. Indians access the net in English thus not many local sites are very popular of course there are exceptions like rediff, Indiatimes, timesofindia, in etc but Google India and Yahoo India works for Indians. For more info of Indian It industry visit nasscom.org

Chinese search engines and softwares is build to filter the air of free speech, to stop democracy. So that chinese people see only the stuff permited by their communist govt.:hitwall:

To stop chinese from seeing, Thiyanmen Square Massacre, Free Tibet, Free East Turkmenistan kind of stuff:sniper:

So Chinese govt. is filtering and making it mandatory to install software which is invasion of privacy and free speech. Actually they are making people like you live like a frog in the well. You sit, stand or move or speck only when govt asks or want:hitwall:

So, these r not great achievements, but a national shame that country with highest number of people is just a large community of Communist slaves.:tup:

No. Friendly neighborhood Japanese did the honors for you :agree:

Matter of fact is you fxxked yourself so bad, you didn't need English to do it for you.

During the WWII, Japanese took most of our eastern coast line including our capital at the time (Nanjing). We as a nation acknowledged the fact that we were damn backwards at the time.

During the Culture Revolution, we made huge stupid mistakes and that damaged not only our economy but also our culture and traditions. We as a nation acknowledged the very regrettable loss.

However, a bold however, 30 years after the culture revolution, our living conditions is nowhere remotely comparable to yours. Would you like to see some graphic comparison, say about Shanghai and Mumbai?

Chinese search engines and softwares is build to filter the air of free speech, to stop democracy. So that chinese people see only the stuff permited by their communist govt.:hitwall:

To stop chinese from seeing, Thiyanmen Square Massacre, Free Tibet, Free East Turkmenistan kind of stuff:sniper:

So Chinese govt. is filtering and making it mandatory to install software which is invasion of privacy and free speech. Actually they are making people like you live like a frog in the well. You sit, stand or move or speck only when govt asks or want:hitwall:

So, these r not great achievements, but a national shame that country with highest number of people is just a large community of Communist slaves.:tup:

please make it voice heard by those wall street bankers, ask them not to buy tencent or baidu's share.

:smokin::smokin:

Ah... Americans:tdown: have'nt they train Taliban does that means Taliban is good or whatever American does is good :yahoo::yahoo:

However, a bold however, 30 years after the culture revolution, our living conditions is nowhere remotely comparable to yours.
I sure appreciate that. But we have to acknowledge that the rapid progress that China has seen and to some extent India has seen has been lop-sided, and large sections of populace are left behind in this progress. This breeds discontent and crime and brings down the benefits of the achieved progress, Both India and China need to better their record on inclusive growth.

There is nothing to trash talk here.

Would you like to see some graphic comparison, say about Shanghai and Mumbai?

As I said, there is nothing to trash talk here.

I sure appreciate that. But we have to acknowledge that the rapid progress that China has seen and to some extent India has seen has been lop-sided, and large sections of populace are left behind in this progress. This breeds discontent and crime and brings down the benefits of the achieved progress, Both India and China need to better their record on inclusive growth.

There is nothing to trash talk here.

crime? are kidding me? the crime rate for most Chinese cities are well above the world average. for example, I can happily walking on any street of Shanghai during mid night with 10000 $ on my hand, and I will feel safe. I won't do the same in any indian or western countries.

when it comes to development, I really love the way how indian members say it -- as if we had the same progress!

wake up dude, we two nations have a 30 years gap after your mentioned WWII and Culture Revolution. Have a look at our living conditions, don't get shocked, please don't click if your indian internet connect is too slow as the single photo below is about 5mbytes.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5121/11935917.jpg

now let's go back to the topic of this thread and since this is a military forum and you guys mentioned IT, I am now asking which indian company built the CPU/processor for your fire control computers.

Last edited:
when it comes to development, I really love the way how indian members say it -- as if we had the same progress!

wake up dude, we two nations have a 30 years gap after your mentioned WWII and Culture Revolution. Have a look at our living conditions, don't get shocked, please don't click if your indian internet connect is too slow as the single photo below is about 5mbytes.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5121/11935917.jpg

Yeah it is a thing to be proud of but then China opened the economy way before we did.. So wait for it man.. this all talk of India is poor is nothing but temporary.. We are on the path on development and would achieve the set goals one day.. the wheels of progress have been set in motion and mind you there is no stopping us "poor" Indians now from being a developed nation.. So just serve ur BS elsewhere.. In the long term when both India and China are developed nations things like freedom of speech and basic right to protest would weigh way more than it does in todays China.. And come on accept it you guys access information what CCP wants you to.. so your view of the world is what ur masters in CCP want you to believe in.. It's a disgusting idea of manipulating and forcing people to think or view things the way people in charge want to... Pathetic.. all this progress without basic rights is im afraid incomplete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom