What's new

Indian medical students to sign return bond if going to the US

What's the condition of staff working there with the doctors in the periphery.Are they adequately trained to be a helping hand?

In Pak there is severe shortage of well trained nursing staff when we move out from the major cities.

Once i visited a DHQ in Punjab region, there were three doctors 1 pgt, two house officers and no staff at emergency. The Xray dept was looking haunted.....lol.

Thats the funny part. Nursing in India is dominated by nurses from Kerala. They are highly qualified, graduating after a 4 year course but are paid a pittance especially in Pvt hospitals...sometimes as low as Rs 3000 per month. Nurses of majority of Pvt hospitals in Kerala are on strike demanding higher wages. They already striked in Madras, Delhi, Calcutta & Mumbai.

vo ilaj ke liye amerika chale jate hain............hum toh vahi par unka ilaj karege

Bigots.... eh?

Move out to the best centers when they require it, but don't let the doctors go there.

What's the condition of staff working there with the doctors in the periphery.Are they adequately trained to be a helping hand?

In Pak there is severe shortage of well trained nursing staff when we move out from the major cities.

Once i visited a DHQ in Punjab region, there were three doctors 1 pgt, two house officers and no staff at emergency. The Xray dept was looking haunted.....lol.

We don't have shortage of nurses in India ..
That's the only good thing here

At my hospital there are 22 nurses and still we keep on getting many resumes now and then :P

vo ilaj ke liye amerika chale jate hain............hum toh vahi par unka ilaj karege

Lol .. TRUE
Same situation in all the South Asian states

Those politicians themselves are biggest hypocrites

DRDO is in such sorry state because out of its large employee base only 1% have PhD degree. why don't we extend bonds to those who have completed M.Tech in IITs . even then that fella will be far better position than a doctor. employment in bangalore or other metropolitan area, good salary as a central govt employee. first increase the infrastructure in rural areas then u can force anyone to go there. period.

I agree.

About infrastructure..whats your need. As far as I know in Kerala, the rural clinics have attached family quarters for the doctor.

Pls just do the one year rural service bhai. You will not regret it. In India doctors enjoy demi God status especially in rural areas. Don't do much, atleat give the poor rural folks some tablets for fever and cold, they will give you duas. After that the whole life is in front of you to make millions.

Bigots.... eh?

Move out to the best centers when they require it, but don't let the doctors go there.

There are plenty of excellent hospitals in India. Ask the Pakistanis who come to India for various medical treatments. They are going outside for reasons only known to them.

We don't have shortage of nurses in India ..
That's the only good thing here

At my hospital there are 22 nurses and still we keep on getting many resumes now and then :P

Are they paid well.

There are plenty of excellent hospitals in India. Ask the Pakistanis who come to India for various medical treatments. They are going outside for reasons only known to them.

That's what i'm asking ,why not restrict them to the country itself.If the country has all the facilities(and that i know are there).Why just put a pistol on the temple of a doctor?

Or is it the "goras" they depend a lot upon?

That's what i'm asking ,why not restrict them to the country itself.If the country has all the facilities(and that i know are there).Why just put a pistol on the temple of a doctor?

Or is it the "goras" they depend a lot upon?

Apples & Oranges. Politicians are just like any other citizens, are free to get medical care anywhere they want. On the otherhand we need doctors in India if we are to achieve the World Health Organization's recommended norm of one doctor per 1,000 people.

Apples & Oranges. Politicians are just like any other citizens, are free to get medical care anywhere they want. On the otherhand we need doctors in India if we are to achieve the World Health Organization's recommended norm of one doctor per 1,000 people.

Then just increase the job quota.......and you got your recommended norms.Who's gonna leave if there's a handsome job available....
Is there any mention of increasing the current allotted quota?
From the previous discussion it looks like the same old story.

In my hospital they are paid ranging from 5000 to 14000

Thats just too low a figure. Even a call center employee will make more than that with just plus two education. Thats the problem I think with the medical field in India...while upper tier doctors are paid handsomely , nurses who form the next tier are treated as cr*p.

Then just increase the job quota.......and you got your recommended norms.Who's gonna leave if there's a handsome job available....
Is there any mention of increasing the current allotted quota?
From the previous discussion it looks like the same old story.

Govt only wants them to practice in India.It doesn't matter where they practice. In my place doctors are paid much more in Pvt hospitals than in Govt hospitals.

Thats just too low a figure. Even a call center employee will make more than that with just plus two education. Thats the problem I think with the medical field in India...while upper tier doctors are paid handsomely , nurses who form the next tier are treated as cr*p.

Govt only wants them to practice in India.It doesn't matter where they practice. In my place doctors are paid much more in Pvt hospitals than in Govt hospitals.

Everywhere doctors are paid more in private hospitals ..

I don't think it is too low .. Even call centres give 4k-5k for the new admission without experience .
Plus people working at call centres don't get free health treatment ..

In my hospital , all nurses get free treatment .. They just have to pay for medicines and room rent

Everywhere doctors are paid more in private hospitals ..

I don't think it is too low .. Even call centres give 4k-5k for the new admission without experience .

It is low considering the fact they get graduated after a grueling 4 year degree. Even if I agree with the 5000 part, I cannot agree with the 14,000 part.

Just accept it dude nurses are treated as cr*p in India in pvt sector. Nurses of majority of Pvt hospitals in Kerala are on strike fed up with this type of behavior from doctors and management. I remember a nurse saying on a TV debate that during surgery when surgeons are paid handsomely for their effort, the nurses assisting them are not even paid 100 rupees. They are made to do night shifts with no OT payment while doctor was paid Rs 3000/- as additional benefit for every night duty he do.

Plus people working at call centres don't get free health treatment ..

In my hospital , all nurses get free treatment .. They just have to pay for medicines and room rent

LOL.. Nurses are better off without this type of free treatment.

^^ That's the common average pay to the nurses ..

They don't even get paid in double digits in government colleges plus no bonus there :P

^^ That's the common average pay to the nurses ..

It should change.

They don't even get paid in double digits in government colleges plus no bonus there :P

Wrong... in Kerala Govt staff nurses are paid b/n Rs.13900 to 22360 (Basic Salary). In the same state nurses in pvt hospitals are paid b/n 4000-7000. The starters paid sometimes just 1500/- per month. Now bcs of this strike GoK have implemented the minimum wages for nurses fixed at 9000 per month.

lol another funny bond coming from their pea size heads.....

medicos should not have any bond !!!! period....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom