What's new

Indian medical students to sign return bond if going to the US

Govt should start scholarships (linked with bond for coming back) for meritorious poor students, who's unable to afford education overseas without such aid.

If they graduate from Pvt Medical college thats is.

dono abt priavte medical colleges...but best brains in india should not have any bonds on humanitarian/patriotic grounds :)

and if they are seriously interested in improving the scenario they should do away with reservations from medical colleges first.... :)

dono abt priavte medical colleges...but best brains in india should not have any bonds on humanitarian/patriotic grounds :)

and if they are seriously interested in improving the scenario they should do away with reservations from medical colleges first.... :)

Then they should also not take advantage of the subsidized education from Govt colleges.

How good is Indian MD, I mean - How well is it recognized? Heard MS is good.

Then they should also not take advantage of the subsidized education from Govt colleges.

r u serious....they are the best brains country has...they should be allowed to do whatever they what

How good is Indian MD, I mean - How well is it recognized? Heard MS is good.

In my limited experience i would like to think that we are equally good as any other country on planet in all fields of medicine....

r u serious....they are the best brains country has...they should be allowed to do whatever they what

They should be allowed to do whatever they want..true, but stay away from Govt colleges so that students who may be less intelligent but more committed to serving the nation can take their place. Whats the use of best brains if all they want is to fly to US and become part of their progress.

Hmm! But why students take US boards?

Because we have were less PG seats ..
And the ones in private colleges charge money equivalent to US colleges ..

Students don't go to US for MBBS as we have very good quality of education at UG level
Even MS degree from India is very good which is better than US colleges but we don't have enough seats ..
Also in MS the surgery taught to us are localized like TB , polio which are found in India but no cases in US .. So US degree becomes pretty useless here unless you have done a superspeciality like a Cardiac surgeon , etc

MD is much better in US than India

Stop writing the same BS everywhere ..
I gave u the explanation that we work 1 year as interns after our MBBS .
This is how we repay

If subsidized education is the reason then the same rule should be applied to IITs and IIMs

Stop writing the same BS everywhere ..
I gave u the explanation that we work 1 year as interns after our MBBS .
This is how we repay

The govt spends money on a Govt medical student in the hope that he will serve the Indian state after graduation. There is a larger goal involved than money which is the well being of the poorest of the poor of Indian citizens. You may 'repay' your subsidy by serving in some rural areas, but the larger debt still remains unpaid thats towards the Indian people. You said that by paying 10 lakhs (which is a low figure I might add) you can break the bond, but honestly can by paying 10 lakh back after 5.5 years will replace the doctor that this nation desperately needs and wants.

The Govt only wants you to come back to India. There is no shortage of high paying hospitals in India.

If subsidized education is the reason then the same rule should be applied to IITs and IIMs
I personally agrees to it but lets face it unlike doctors we don't have a shortage of engineers in this country.

I am so mad ...bloody Congressi idiots and that fucktard ghulam nabi azad chutyea .....is about to ruin my years of hardwork ....so depressed [/B]....:guns:
Ooops! You seem to have blown your radiator. Put some coolant in there and go have a chilled beer!

Now what the heck is wrong with doing an additional year for mandatory rural service? Guys like you just want to make loads of money and forget your social obligations. 'Hard work' you say? The majority of you buy medical seats for a mind boggling Rs 75 lakhs to Rs 1 Crore, failing to qualify on your own merit! And then go on to become not doctors but quacks, go abroad and hoodwink those rich ignorant Americans and make millions!

And by the way, where the devil do you guys get all this money for admissions to Medical colleges? :woot:

Ooops! You seem to have blown your radiator. Put some coolant in there and go have a chilled beer!

Now what the heck is wrong with doing an additional year for mandatory rural service? Guys like you just want to make loads of money and forget your social obligations. 'Hard work' you say? The majority of you buy medical seats for a mind boggling Rs 75 lakhs to Rs 1 Crore, failing to qualify on your own merit! And then go on to become not doctors but quacks, go abroad and hoodwink those rich ignorant Americans and make millions!

And by the way, where the devil do you guys get all this money for admissions to Medical colleges? :woot:

Did you read the article ??
It's not about 1 year rural service .. We already do it after our MBBS and no one has a problem with it coz we gain one year of experience and you get quite a variety of diseases in rural areas ..

This bond specifies that we won't be allowed to work in US after our PG .. There is a perma ban on it
It's against our constitutional right
Gov't can't interfere in our personal life by forcing us to work at a specific place not of our choice

The govt spends money on a Govt medical student in the hope that he will serve the Indian state after graduation. There is a larger goal involved than money which is the well being of the poorest of the poor of Indian citizens. You may 'repay' your subsidy by serving in some rural areas, but the larger debt still remains unpaid thats towards the Indian people. You said that by paying 10 lakhs (which is a low figure I might add) you can break the bond, but honestly can by paying 10 lakh back after 5.5 years will replace the doctor that this nation desperately needs and wants.

The Govt only wants you to come back to India. There is no shortage of high paying hospitals in India.
Every government in this world subsidizes education ..
In US the PG seats in government colleges are subsidized even for foreigners..

A MBBS course in China/HK costs 20 lakhs which is much lower than students pay for management seats in India ..

I personally agrees to it but lets face it unlike doctors we don't have a shortage of engineers in this country.

Quantity isnt important .. Quality is

If that was the case DRDO , ISRO , HAL would be the best in the world .. But they aren't .
ISRO has done a good job though
Tejas was created after decades .. We still can't create an indeginous plane
And U say that there is no shortage of Engineers ..

All the best engineers go to work in NASA , Microsoft , Google .. All the 3rd grade engineers stay in India

This is a joke and only goes to show that this clown doesn't understand what he is doing.

Reality is:
-Those who venture abroad do come back, albeit in a small %, and they bring back advance skills.
- By explicitly barring people, India will be shooting itself in the foot as even those who wish to come back after a few years wont.
- If India is worried about brain drain, its inevitable side effect of globalization but this is not the way to deal with it.

But is it not truth that GoI spend lakhs subsidizing his education in IIT, in the hope that he will contribute to the progress of the nation. Then he goes to work for NASA and contribute to the progress of US eventhough US didn't spend a rupee on his education. I hope the bond system is also extended to IITs & NITs apart from Govt Medical Colleges.

There are many factors that have to be considered here.Why do people go to US in the first place?Because the environment there is conducive for growth.Indians have done some really amazing things there.I can assure you that many of them would not have been that successful if they stayed back here in India.Around 60% of IIT grads move to the US after getting their degrees and many settle down there.Moreover they send huge amounts of money back home every year which is good for the country.Yes the country looses some of it's best brains but then I don't think the government should dictate terms to students.It is actually a case of self or country.

Back
Top Bottom