What's new

Indian medical students to sign return bond if going to the US

my cousin also returned to India after completing his aerospace engineering from Canada and now he is serving his motherland.
same way my respect for bilal haider also increased tremendously unlike some keyboard warriors he actually returned to his motherland Pakistan from USA irrespective of current scenario in Pakistan which is a very big deal.
Hats off to you sir.

I'm studying life sciences currently and later i will become a Doctor. Though i was never born or have ever lived in Pakistan before, i hope to go back as soon as possible. :)

my cousin also returned to India after completing his aerospace engineering from Canada and now he is serving his motherland.
same way my respect for bilal haider also increased tremendously unlike some keyboard warriors he actually returned to his motherland Pakistan from USA irrespective of current scenario in Pakistan which is a very big deal.
Hats off to you sir.
holy crap!!! i plan to do the same, might actually work for airforce or PIA.

gr8 move by India.... I wish Pakistan do the same. We are also facing a huge brain drain from our country.
If somebody is using their country's tax payer's money, they have to pay back by serveing their motherland.

There are just 2 Universities in Canada that offer Aerospace Engineering: Ryerson and Carleton.
I got accepted into both but because i'm not to great in Math and Physics, i decided to opt out to go towards Medicine.
I dreamed to work for the PAF and PIA but i think my decision came out to be more realistic...
Anyways, either way, to work for your own country in any field is a big achievement.

There are just 2 Universities in Canada that offer Aerospace Engineering: Ryerson and Carleton.
I got accepted into both but because i'm not to great in Math and Physics, i decided to opt out to go towards Medicine.
I dreamed to work for the PAF and PIA but i think my decision came out to be more realistic...

engineering science at uoft also offers aerospace but u need 92% to get in ther :smokin:

i am coming back to serve my motherland, dont give a phuck about anyone else. cant wait :cry:

Me too!! I'm hoping to get there by 2015 :bounce: Can't wait for it either :partay:

This is a real good law that should come to pass. It will ensure that a constant pool of talent is always present in the country and they should extend it to cover more fields such as engineering, education, IT etc. After the bond period is up, the person is free to choose to either remain or go abroad to where ever he wishes. Every year, those people choosing to leave (which will definitely not be 100% of those finishing the bond) will be replaced by people who just graduated and are coming back to commence on their bond. That way the pool of talent that remains in the country also grows:tup:

This is something very similar to what we have over here in Singapore. Every year, numerous Singaporean students are given scholarships to study abroad in the USA, UK, Australia, Germany etc. Usually these scholarships come attached with a 4 year bond, that the student has to serve in Singapore upon graduation. After that he is free to go anywhere. In that period, he gains plenty of experience as well (also having worked for the Singapore govt is a major added boost) and is pretty much in demand anywhere upon completion of his bond.

What the Indian govt gotta do in addition is to ensure that these people coming back to serve their bond are able to get employed and commence on their service as soon as they return with no hassles. A system has to be in place to ensure a job is ready and waiting as soon as they are back.:smokin:

Me too!! I'm hoping to get there by 2015 :bounce: Can't wait for it either :partay:

This is a real good law that should come to pass. It will ensure that a constant pool of talent is always present in the country and they should extend it to cover more fields such as engineering, education, IT etc. After the bond period is up, the person is free to choose to either remain or go abroad to where ever he wishes. Every year, those people choosing to leave (which will definitely not be 100% of those finishing the bond) will be replaced by people who just graduated and are coming back to commence on their bond. That way the pool of talent that remains in the country also grows:tup:

This is something very similar to what we have over here in Singapore. Every year, numerous Singaporean students are given scholarships to study abroad in the USA, UK, Australia, Germany etc. Usually these scholarships come attached with a 4 year bond, that the student has to serve in Singapore upon graduation. After that he is free to go anywhere. In that period, he gains plenty of experience as well (also having worked for the Singapore govt is a major added boost) and is pretty much in demand anywhere upon completion of his bond.

What the Indian govt gotta do in addition is to ensure that these people coming back to serve their bond are able to get employed and commence on their service as soon as they return with no hassles. A system has to be in place to ensure a job is ready and waiting as soon as they are back.:smokin:

i am happy that many indians share similiar views like me, although i didnt expect it. great :cheers:

engineering science at uoft also offers aerospace but u need 92% to get in ther :smokin:

Well at UofT, they don't have an Undergraduate Aerospace program per say. Its more of graduate/masters type thing etc...
I would imagine you definelty need 90+ average and many required pre-requists...

Well at UofT, they don't have an Undergraduate Aerospace program per say. Its more of graduate/masters etc...

tru tru thats why i went to waterloo, moreover i heard this program is soo hard that ppl go bald. :blink:

No i disagree. You can't force a person to be patriotic , it should come from within. Whoever wants should be able to leave the country and practice abroad. It's his life , it's a free country and he should be able to do what he wants. This is one of the most horrible laws I have seen. I hope the US would stand up against the Indian Government for what's right and refuse to deny the student permission to practice.
I think you have completely mistaken the scenario.You are talking as if Indian govt permanently denies doctors from moving over to another developed nation!
This is the situation.Medical education in govt medical colleges are hugely subsidized.(I am a 2nd year medical student myself and trust me,no where in the whole world medical education is this cheap.My annual fee is rs.25000(even lesser or free for financially backward students) while in private colleges it is more than 20 times that amount!).On an average 10 lacs is spent for each student.And students are required to do one year of rural service after graduation.There is an option to defer the rural service if we got an opportunity to go for post graduation in india or abroad,under the condition that we should return and complete the rural service once the higher studies are over.The problem is when many students go to Europe and US for higher education they never return to complete the rural service in poor India,completely disregarding their bond obligation for rural service.What is wrong in govt trying to curb this ungrateful and unlawful practise..?In the words of gulam nabi azad “If they don't fulfil the bond obligation, we can write to the US to deny the student permission to practise.”I fully support this....Hats off to you sir.

tru tru thats why i went to waterloo, moreover i heard this program is soo hard that ppl go bald. :blink:

I hate waterloo. i can't stand that city....
Just transferred to UofT St.George few days ago. Its sucks for Engineering students definitely, but for me life sciences won't make much of a difference.

I hate waterloo. i can't stand that city....
Just transferred to UofT St.George few days ago. Its sucks for Engineering students definitely, but for me life sciences won't make much of a difference.

agreed this place is the most booring place on planet, u dont find anything except rim buildings. i wont stay here even if i get a million dolls.

but your gov spends lots of money on these students and they expect students to stay in india and work there, what good would it do if they all start moving to other countries? i think its a good policy

Yes Sir , but it's the government's responsibility to spend on the students. Isn't that what tax money is supposed to be used for? The government is not doing a favour by spending on education , it's the government's job;

Yes Sir , but it's the government's responsibility to spend on the students. Isn't that what tax money is supposed to be used for? The government is not doing a favour by spending on education , it's the government's job;

NO it is not the GOvernment's duty.

Govt's duty is to spend on primary education. Not on specialized higher studies.

Medical students are one of the highest subsidized students in all higher education and they must repay whatever the nation has invested in them. It should be the same for all in whom the Govt invests.

This is also how the corporate world functions. Once they invest certain amount in you, they make you work for certain period of time. And that is how it should be.

No i disagree. You can't force a person to be patriotic , it should come from within. Whoever wants should be able to leave the country and practice abroad. It's his life , it's a free country and he should be able to do what he wants. This is one of the most horrible laws I have seen. I hope the US would stand up against the Indian Government for what's right and refuse to deny the student permission to practice.

There are other countries that have such laws. If you study in Singapore, you have to work there for two years. In India we are just spoilt by too much freedom and zero accountability. If the medical students who make use of the government's facility do not give back to the society, whom do you expect to help the rural poor?

The government is spending on higher education so that the Indian society will benefit from it, not for a single person to go abroad and earn money for himself.

Back
Top Bottom