What's new

Indian Navy Aircraft Carriers and Ships

really?? is it not a drain on the resources when 8-10 naval ships of IN will be in just one place? We have our interests in entire IOR, this means we need more ships in the navy.

Already beeing inducted, be it the Nerpa SSN, which might be included in the CBG, new Frigats, Destroyers, Tankers and support vessels, IN has a good pace on that, the only slow point is the carrier itself.

Already beeing inducted, be it the Nerpa SSN, which might be included in the CBG, new Frigats, Destroyers, Tankers and support vessels, IN has a good pace on that, the only slow point is the carrier itself.

We have 13 frigates & 8 destroyers & 15 subs, if we assume that each carrier requires 2 frigates & 1 destroyer & 2 subs than it means with 2 carriers we have 4 frigates & 2 destroyers & 4 subs engaged. This left us with only 9 Frigates & 6 destroyers & 11 subs, every new induction is replacing an older ship not adding to the nos. so to add to the nos. we have to increase the no. of production of ships & subs to petrol the region from red sea to Malacca straits down to south Africa, which are called India's areas of interest.

because india knows there is no real threat from china..there militery build up usually follows pakistan

No actually the reason Behind it is Securing our energy Supply lanes in sea ... & About Threat from Pakistan ??? the only threat for India from Pakistan is from Pakistani Cricket team... & even to neutralize that threat we Have INS Mahendra Singh Dhoni... :smitten:

We have 13 frigates & 8 destroyers & 15 subs, if we assume that each carrier requires 2 frigates & 1 destroyer & 2 subs than it means with 2 carriers we have 4 frigates & 2 destroyers & 4 subs engaged. This left us with only 9 Frigates & 6 destroyers & 11 subs, every new induction is replacing an older ship not adding to the nos. so to add to the nos. we have to increase the no. of production of ships & subs to petrol the region from red sea to Malacca straits down to south Africa, which are called India's areas of interest.

Currently, but until these carriers will be operational we will have way more vessels. Also both carriers are not likely to be operated at the same time, one at sea and one in reserve should be the more realistic. I don't think IN will use more than one sub, especially since we have only 1 SSN so far and diesel - electric subs are too limited in performance to be useful in such a role.

great news , i hope everything goes smoothly & it is inducted to indian navy as soon as possible ,.

i wish we could install

barak ng SAM systems in it .

really?? is it not a drain on the resources when 8-10 naval ships of IN will be in just one place? We have our interests in entire IOR, this means we need more ships in the navy.

the others are support ships mate . :)
by the way 100 ships are on order in the next decade.. and thats only in Indian shipyards.

But you forget that next 1-2 yr we are inducting ...
Frigate - 1 shivalik + 2 Talwar class = 3
Destroyer - kolkata class = 3
Kamorta class Corvettes = 4
In between 2015 to 2020 we are inducting around 6 sub. (scorp. class) in next 5yr or may be project 75I 1-2 and dnt forget 3 ATV. 4 destroyer + 7 shivalik class + 3 Talwar class frigate and 8 Kamorta class corvettes. IAC-1 did not come before 2015.

do any1 know how many ships does VIRAAT CBG consists of?

and i ve read somewhere that IN were interested in 3 more talwar class frigates which makes the total order of 9.

the others are support ships mate . :)
by the way 100 ships are on order in the next decade.. and thats only in Indian shipyards.

I don't think IN will go for any foreign shipyards now apart from Russia Talwar class (maybe 3 more), let's hope that private shipyards join the party.

But you forget that next 1-2 yr we are inducting ...
Frigate - 1 shivalik + 2 Talwar class = 3
Destroyer - kolkata class = 3
Kamorta class Corvettes = 4
In between 2015 to 2020 we are inducting around 6 sub. (scorp. class) in next 5yr or may be project 75I 1-2 and dnt forget 3 ATV. 4 destroyer + 7 shivalik class + 3 Talwar class frigate and 8 Kamorta class corvettes. IAC-1 did not come before 2015.

mate agreed, but you forgot that old ships will retire also.

vikra_468.jpg

Very big picture

http://nl.media.rbth.ru/web/in-rbth/images/2012-06/big/vikra_468.jpg

Viki looks good...but one ship does not make a Navy...considering Panda has She-Long (named after Shi Lang a eunuch Admiral - should have named her She-Male) and will soon have She-Broad, She-Tall, She-Wide etc...Looking forward to IAC1,2,3.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom