What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

I don't think Japan has signed up for any F-35Cs...or have they?

Izumo is likely to house helos of various types (may include V-22 Osprey variants in future) for a long
time to come - by then maybe Japan will develop it's own VTOL version of ATD-X.

No. They want f-35A. But they can buy f-35B VOTOL to operate in LHD or they come handy when they work with US marine.

oCUu5SY.jpg

IAC-1

Not sure if these have been uploaded before, but it seems the hull isn't quite finished.

25_209902_2d84d80a0215dd9.jpg
25_209902_69fb4499a58d3bb.jpg

With the past and recent accident on IN submarines; Will the IN chief tooked the deal away from Local Shipyard because of Delays as well as because of Quality to the French who might be able to deliver them 6 SSKs in 5 years on war footings.

Also another 6 U-214 or Amur from Russia directly???

What are our options to replace our destroyed submarine? I think we should go for more Scorpions.. This time ask France to build it.. So that they can deliver it in time.. Its sad that it was one of the relatively new submarine that is destroyed..

What are our options to replace our destroyed submarine? I think we should go for more Scorpions.. This time ask France to build it.. So that they can deliver it in time.. Its sad that it was one of the relatively new submarine that is destroyed..

it will be costly..how about leasing some kilos from russia?
it will happen fast.
Also this is a temp problem for navy so it is a good solution.

it will be costly..how about leasing some kilos from russia?
it will happen fast.
Also this is a temp problem for navy so it is a good solution.

I think many of there submarines are older than us.. We will be going for follow on orders any way.. May be French can deliver scorpions on right time.. Thus we can get new submarines and can solve the number crunch to an extent..

Is the structure on top of the carrier , bridge being assembled ???

Yes, but I think it has been there right since when the ship was launched, but yeah, it appears a bit more
prominent now.

An ex-IN officer in another forum told me that the Island superstructure is almost completed, and
that it could be fixed into place on the deck as soon as the 2 aircraft-lift elevators are installed on the
side, I think it has something to do with the island's base.

Yes, but I think it has been there right since when the ship was launched, but yeah, it appears a bit more
prominent now.

An ex-IN officer in another forum told me that the Island superstructure is almost completed, and
that it could be fixed into place on the deck as soon as the 2 aircraft-lift elevators are installed on the
side, I think it has something to do with the island's base.

It was completed as early as 2009 . There are pictures of it posted in this forum also .

Back
Top Bottom