What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

The reason the thread was opened it's the first billion dollar indengious ship that India launched and went into service this. Month

Multi layered highly advanced it'd capable of hurting Pakistan tri services ie your air force and navy and land forces near the coast.

Being new it would make sense to discuss a pak response.

This has been addressed before many a time. I still haven't seen the need to open a thread based off one ship.

Billion Dollar Ships can be brought down by few hundred thousand dollars worth of Anti-Ship Cruise Missiles.
You think it would be that easy?

I love those odds. Please build more of these TUBS for our Target practice
$1BN USD buys you some pretty cutting edge-tech, I'm sure these TUBS will put up a fight.

A single sub could sink it-
Well that's making a lot of assumptions, that an IN MPA (P-8I, the most advanced sub hunting plane in the world) or any one of the IN's surface or sub surface warships fail to detect that single sub.

The same way Khurki was sank n kirpan retreated with full speed (lucky .. the torpedo was a dud)..

But then as I said, no fixed wing AEW so no love there. The Muricans are hard selling the E-2D for the Vishaal, ready even to let us put up EMALS (how that will work dunno, given that even nuc boat will struggle with the power requirement of a system like the EMALS).
E-2D is a shoe-in for the IN's IAC-2 given it is almost certain to be CATOBAR configured. Any talk of the IN paying for the development of an AEW variant of the V-22 so there is a universal system for both the IN's STOBAR and CATOBAR carriers is just hot air IMHO.

What is more interesting is what fighter will be flying off the IAC-2, every contender I can think of (F-35C,Rafale-M and N-FGFA) all have their own inherent flaws and all seem to rule themselves out of contention before one can even begin contemplating such things.

On the EMALS topic, I've heard lots on this and it does seem the IN is pushing hard for it but I do keep questioning the power requirements of such a system (I am not of the mind the IAC-2 will be N-powered nor should it be IMHO) and all I keep coming back to is that the RN had seriously looked at EMALS for the QE class of ACCs and had only ruled it out on cost grounds, I have been unable to find a single source questioning whether the conventionally powered QE class could power such a system. Additionally, by the very virtue of the fact that General Atomics are pitching this to the IN I would ponder if N-power really is needed for EMALS as there has been no indication from the IN that it would be a CVN and thus GA would be wasting their time pitching a system for a nuclear powered carrier for a conventionally powered one. So I would assume that there is very much scope for EMALS especially if the IN want's to future proof the IAC-2 and be ahead of the curve, but then there is always steam- which isn't so bad (CATOBAR in any form is a step up on STOBAR).

First line of your post is correct and I also said that but your fellow country men can't understand it, and yes brahmos is a threat but PN have decided that it will not allow IN to come close enough to its coast that they can launch brahmos, that is why initially C-602s (coastal batteries with 240+ km range) are acquired and soon ships will also have them too, P-3s & other MPA with air launched 100+ kms range AShM, PN surface ships will patrol around 200 nm out side our border so they can stop IN coming close enough and they have chance to fight at that range as PAF can quickly come to support specially with quick response CM-400AKG missiles. Remember IN may face 400+ km range C-602s in conflict as that version is already in use with PLAN.

DF-21 type missile may be last option but big bro (land & ship launched) of CM-400AKG with 500+ km range is more feasible as PLAN also have them.
not even dreams .. The last thing that you may expect from China is DF 21 ... don't think China will give you anything Pak wants...

How can you stop IN at 200Nm , not possible. Mumbai is itself 800kms from Karachi which is 400Nm, during war IN vessels will be closer lol. Launching brahmos from 300Nm(600km) will hit the target as its range is 700 km. Karachi port is always under range. Once the oil installations are down, PN will not dare to retaliate.
And except the submarines, PN will not send their vessels to counter IN frigates.

Only in your dreams that PN will not retaliate, serving officer told me that they can take F-22Ps as close as 50km to IN fleet to launch their 8 AShMs after that they may not come but IN will also suffer, Also now PN have Surface to Surface strike capability means they can hit Indian harbor from land mobile batteries.

IN's fleet will face Subs as first wave with MPA's + PAF air launched AShMs + PAF AWACS (for surveillance at sea & air) + Coastal Batteries (if needed) after that surface ships will come into play, they have secondary role for now, but if PN received 3 more OHPs and they can upgrade them as they desired with 6 AIP sub from China + 2 Type 54s then things may change.

PN have longer range weapon then Brahmos because one officer told me that we will not allow IN to come close enough to be able to launch Brahmos and he believed that it has range between 500 km to 700 km.

not even dreams .. The last thing that you may expect from China is DF 21 ... don't think China will give you anything Pak wants...

China never sell us complete product like those they just teach us how to built. :D

There were rumors that this system is also in possession of PN (it may be the rumoured big bro of CM-400AKG), its is also mentioned that JF-17s can also carry them.
YJ-12 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Only in your dreams that PN will not retaliate, serving officer told me that they can take F-22Ps as close as 50km to IN fleet to launch their 8 AShMs after that they may not come but IN will also suffer, Also now PN have Surface to Surface strike capability means they can hit Indian harbor from land mobile batteries.

IN's fleet will face Subs as first wave with MPA's + PAF air launched AShMs + PAF AWACS (for surveillance at sea & air) + Coastal Batteries (if needed) after that surface ships will come into play, they have secondary role for now, but if PN received 3 more OHPs and they can upgrade them as they desired with 6 AIP sub from China + 2 Type 54s then things may change.

PN have longer range weapon then Brahmos because one officer told me that we will not allow IN to come close enough to be able to launch Brahmos and he believed that it has range between 500 km to 700 km.

China never sell us complete product like those they just teach us how to built. :D

There were rumors that this system is also in possession of PN (it may be the rumoured big bro of CM-400AKG), its is also mentioned that JF-17s can also carry them.

It depends what fleet it is.

secondly if we take the scenario of CBG of IN, then any air misadventure by PAF will be countered by Naval Aviation , Migs 29 of AC. The submarines will be countered by submarine in the CBG. The CBG also posses anti submarine warfare frigates and destroyers. 20-30 cruise missile cannot sink the CBG. And Pakistan navy has to empty all its ammunition on just one CBG.

The missile frigate coming behind the CBG will take down the port and in the end PN navy will be helpless after heavy saturation fire from IAF and Indian Navy.

10qi7sz.jpg

Planned: 4 (for $4 billion)
Displacement: 7,000 tonnes
Length: 160 m
Beam: 18 m

Radar: ASELSAN radar complex called CAFRAD (Long range search radar, illumination radar, fire control radar, Ares 2NS Electronic Support/Attack EEW system at the top of the mast, X band satellite communication system).

Armament:

-1x 127mm 127/64 Naval Gun

-2x Aselsan STAMP stabilized 25mm gun platform

- ROKETSAN Atmaca anti-ship missile 250km (Atmaca will have capability of both land attack and anti-ship capabilities)

- ROKETSAN Gezgin LACM (2,500 km)

- ASELSAN/TUBITAK High Enery Laser CWIS

- ROKETSAN Hisar-A/O SAM missiles integration efforts may be taken place in accordance with Turkish Naval Forces requirements.

- RAYTHEON RIM-156 SM-2 Block IV Mk-21

- RAYTHEON RIM-161 SM-3 Block IA

- RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile (CIWS-PDMS)

- RUM-139 VL-ASROC (Anti Submarine Weapon )...22km

-Mk-32 Torpedo Tubes

Aircraft: SH-60B LAMPS II Seahawk
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle

@Zarvan it's $1 billion per ship. If Pakistan aquires it in future possibly with soft loan..at 2020 I think PAK budget would be much higher than today. No ship at South Asia may match with it.
So the answer to a $1BN USD ship is to procure another $1BN USD ship?

I'm sorry but this is nonsense- the PN is by far the least appreciated wing of the Pak armed forces and its annual capital expenditure budget is pitiful.

Probably a silly question, but here goes: regarding the bold part, why would Indian Navy want to blockade Gwadar? They'd still be gunning for Karachi, wouldn't they, and PN would still be forced to prevent this scenario, wouldn't it? Plus, what about the thinning of PN's own resources owing to a much more 'spread out' presence along the Makran coast?

That whole post that you responded to is simply riddled with juvenile absurdities. E.G. the USN has got dragged into the proceedings! For what? USN has nothing to do with a dispute between any two entities; since USA has pretty much washed its hands off from this dispute. Even the halcyon days of the CENTO/SEATO "cozying-up" are long over. There is no "love-lorn relationship" any more.
As for the Chinese; they are not at all the kind to dive head-first into some-one else's $hit. Past history is ample proof of that.
Then it displays an abject display of not understanding what a Naval Blockade entails. Finally it conjures up a picture that does not exist at present, but is projected. For that projection to reach fruition; many conducive conditions need to exist. There is very little of that visible on the ground right now. So that is simply a picture of "many castles in the air".

The destroyer we are mentioned here is a stealth destroyer and its stealth detailss are still classified.One member already said something about his interaction with a naval officer and that is indeed show the caliber of that systems including our stealth frigate.
And you dont even know that whether your radar can acquire this system .

Sir,

Thatis not an anti ship missile---is it!!!!!

Brother,

Raad is cruise Missile, and cruise Missile because of its very low attitude of flying, and very slow in speed, its very easy to hit the moving Target.

Danish

So the answer to a $1BN USD ship is to procure another $1BN USD ship?

I'm sorry but this is nonsense- the PN is by far the least appreciated wing of the Pak armed forces and its annual capital expenditure budget is pitiful.

Not the price wise. Look at the Armament and sensors then compare it with Kolkata. But as @Dillinger said..its gonna be a problem

Back
Top Bottom